Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2021 9:27 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13925 posts
11547 upvotes
Leask
@ktkn the CTFS Down-pointing Red Triangle WE is grandfathered. Existing cardholders get to keep their card at least until card renewal...then we shall see.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13925 posts
11547 upvotes
Leask
porksoda wrote: Is there any precedence that the card will be discontinued?
Phone call I had with CTFS, the rep suggested that existing cardholders could be auto PS'd out upon card renewal. We shall see.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7680 posts
7863 upvotes
The Prairies
titaniumtux wrote: Phone call I had with CTFS, the rep suggested that existing cardholders could be auto PS'd out upon card renewal. We shall see.
If that’s really the case, I’m covered until 04/22
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
8043 posts
2223 upvotes
multi city dweller
coolintheshade wrote: If that’s really the case, I’m covered until 04/22
mine expires on 07/23 but i have an RSA card that expires in 2028
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2308 posts
725 upvotes
Whitehorse
In the list of payees, I find one "DALL CONTRACT". That is for Dall Contracting, a fuel/oil provider - but they have various branches with separate accounts. Would anyone here know which branch this "DALL CONTRACT" payee is?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7680 posts
7863 upvotes
The Prairies
LOL808 wrote: mine expires on 07/23 but i have an RSA card that expires in 2028
But if they kill the card off on your card expiry, that will make your RSA card invalid as of that date as well.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
8043 posts
2223 upvotes
multi city dweller
coolintheshade wrote: But if they kill the card off on your card expiry, that will make your RSA card invalid as of that date as well.
you've got a point there ... Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1393 posts
761 upvotes
I think I should have one of the later expiry dates 11/24. I JUST got this card.. and then they discontinue it...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2012
8043 posts
2223 upvotes
multi city dweller
sokolov wrote: What's an RSA card?
RSA ==> Road Side Assistance ...?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2011
2308 posts
725 upvotes
Whitehorse
Oh! Thank you.

I would expect the Road Side Assistance to be valid until the end of the membership year, which is not necessarily the end of the credit card validity. But of course we are the mercy of Canadian Tire Services here.

I am surprised by their move to discontinue both the World Elite and World cards. I would have expected a change to their perks in a couple of years, not so soon. These cards were only announced in April of 2018, - and, if I recall correctly, only last year did they start offering mild sign-up bonuses, which recently became a little more attractive. As I learned this week, they added free delivery from Sportchek.

Why the sudden end?

Here's my guess: Canadian Tire is going to launch a pay-for-premium-membership-package, like Amazon Prime and whatever the Walmart thing is called, which will include the Road SIde Assistance package and maybe some free delivery in some parts of Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2015
1235 posts
1047 upvotes
Ontario
sokolov wrote: Oh! Thank you.

I would expect the Road Side Assistance to be valid until the end of the membership year, which is not necessarily the end of the credit card validity. But of course we are the mercy of Canadian Tire Services here.

I am surprised by their move to discontinue both the World Elite and World cards. I would have expected a change to their perks in a couple of years, not so soon. These cards were only announced in April of 2018, - and, if I recall correctly, only last year did they start offering mild sign-up bonuses, which recently became a little more attractive. As I learned this week, they added free delivery from Sportchek.

Why the sudden end?

Here's my guess: Canadian Tire is going to launch a pay-for-premium-membership-package, like Amazon Prime and whatever the Walmart thing is called, which will include the Road SIde Assistance package and maybe some free delivery in some parts of Canada.
I think the World is still invitation only.
Fido ($35/4GB for 24 months + $0/4GB for 24 months)
Feb 2, 2007
885 posts
779 upvotes
GTA
sokolov wrote: I am surprised by their move to discontinue both the World Elite and World cards. I would have expected a change to their perks in a couple of years, not so soon. These cards were only announced in April of 2018
1. CT World card has existed long before 2018, maybe circa 2010 IIRC; it was always by invitation only. Nothing has changed there.

2. There is no official word about CT World Elite; all we know is that currently one cannot apply for it. Some of us guess that it's been grandfathered for existing cardholders; others guess that it's been discontinued; others are patiently waiting and enjoying the status quo.
Jun 8, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
I'm on the verge of applying for this card, can someone confirm if I can pay off auto-loans with this card?
May 18, 2019
821 posts
407 upvotes
pavion wrote: I'm on the verge of applying for this card, can someone confirm if I can pay off auto-loans with this card?
Which lender?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13925 posts
11547 upvotes
Leask
pavion wrote: I'm on the verge of applying for this card, can someone confirm if I can pay off auto-loans with this card?
Afaik only Ford financing.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4225 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
phoenix_bladen wrote: No only 0.8%

A little bit confused here, is this card(Triangle World Card) that we are discussing here?

BTW, received a letter from MBNA, and it says the old one may have been compromised, so the card above is the only one that I'm using now.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5606 posts
4640 upvotes
It's been a few years since I've seen on of these:
An offer for a credit limit increase, from $18K to $19.5K.

I used to receive these fairly regularly, starting with a low $2K limit and gobbling up every offer till I reached a peak at $18K. Then I all but stopped using my CT Cash Advantage when Plastiq and then PayTM became available for achieving the minimum spending requirements for the CC mega-churn game that we were involved in. The MSR game more or less tailed off drastically in 2019 as we stopped opening cards like there was no tomorrow, so I've been shifting several of our bill payments back onto the CA card.

For reference, after COVID hit, many people saw automatic credit limit reductions and I was no exception. Dropped from $18K to $9K or $10 (can't recall). I contacted CTFS a few days after I noticed it was lowered, and the rep promptly pushed it back up to $18K. All to say that just 6 months ago, CTFS deemed I wasn't in need of such a 'high' limit, thus the auto-decrease.

I'm using it more lately, but I still haven't returned to the high volume throughput where this card was pulling in $900 cash back per year. Odd that they would now offer an increase. TBH, I will readily admit that I'm not deserving of the offer, as I'm not a high roller with this CC. :|

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Grasshopper99