Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 12:12 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1551 posts
1834 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
ck01 wrote: Fair enough
I did pay Thursday I think. I thought the rewards were immediate as transactions posted like some of my other CCs . Probably not a problem then I will monitor and update the thread. Thanks!
eCTM earned is instant at CT + partner stores. For all bill payments and 3% grocery/1% other purchases it can take up to 5 days for eCTM to be earned in my experience.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1170 posts
238 upvotes
Gatineau
The rewards posted today. It indeed posts late
Thanks all for your answers!
aweawea wrote: eCTM earned is instant at CT + partner stores. For all bill payments and 3% grocery/1% other purchases it can take up to 5 days for eCTM to be earned in my experience.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9776 posts
2397 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Btw I can confirm that both FTQ (EFTQ-ACTIONNAIR) and Fondaction (FONDACTION-SOUS) Fonds des travailleur works, FTQ have already reached their annual limit but you can still contribute to Fondaction RRSP, 35% EXTRA tax credit out of a max of 5k, no brainer IMO

For someone with a salary of 49-90k, we are talking about getting 3.6k tax credit back out of the 5k you put in there
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1393 posts
769 upvotes
Hi, I just wanted to confirm something. If you have a Triangle 25x points offer for example, you get 0.4 x 25 = 10% points on the pre-tax amount. If you use the Triangle World Elite Card, you will not receive anything above and beyond that correct? In this scenario, it is better to use a different credit card so you get the 10% back in points PLUS whatever rewards your credit card gives you since the Triangle World Elite doesn't give anything extra?

*edit* Sorry, I saw the Canadian Tire MC and thought it was inclusive of the World Elite Card too... so this post might be in the wrong place. However, still appreciated if anybody could confirm. Thanks.
Jan 26, 2009
56 posts
25 upvotes
Whitby
azncapcom wrote: Anyone know if DURHAM-WATER 90003062 is the correct payee for durham region water bill payments?

the ctfs is asking for a 10 digit account number, but my water bill account number is 11 digits...
That is the right code. The account numbers changed for Water and I ended up changing my 11 digit code to the 10 digit one.
Jan 26, 2009
56 posts
25 upvotes
Whitby
azncapcom wrote: Did you just call Durham region to change your 11 digit to 10 digit? Surprised that would be allowed
No, sorry what I meant is that Durham Water had sent out some notification that the account numbers were changing but they had also stated that either account number would work. In my case, the old account number was no longer working in CTFS so I changed it to the 10 digit code and then the payments worked fine for me.
Feb 20, 2010
9 posts
Markham
Fondaction RRSP? Never heard of it. Mind providing more info?
Jan 9, 2014
688 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
is it possible to bill pay a line of credit? like Scotialine? what is the account number we put?
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13934 posts
11562 upvotes
Leask
Pharmer wrote: is it possible to bill pay a line of credit? like Scotialine? what is the account number we put?
angel_wing0 wrote: Firm no. Easy for manufacture spending.
Yes and no.

Bill pay ScotiaLine as BNS VISA, but it'll be a BT (balance transfer). No interest for 3-6 months, then a 1.5% fee usually and no rewards. But CTFS doesn't offer any BT offers right now afaik.

TD uLOC can be funded via bill pay as well, meaning can probably BT to it with CTFS.
No solicitation in sigs