Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2020 4:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13671 posts
11169 upvotes
Leask
crimsona wrote: I think Scotia has the option to, when I went to get my limit adjusted at the branch. The list went to super high levels. I have mine set at something like 5k per day and it's not the highest amount
Ok, what could their highest limit be on a debit card? Super strange. I'd feel safer doing it online than in store for those levels.

On a side note, maxed out the Cash Advantage for a third time this month. Now waiting for MBNA BT to happen to pay off the balance :lol:
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Aug 10, 2008
5528 posts
4434 upvotes
badsha wrote: interesting...how much can we pay the bill in-store using cash without raising red flags???
RichRFD wrote: I haven't done it myself, but check out the posts by @bizee-bee in this thread. I believe they start at #7099.
Just noticed I was tagged here, so I'll offer a belated reply.

Referring to my post #7099, it's here: pay-your-bills-online-using-canadian-ti ... #p32896242

From my rapid recollection, when I had a puny $2K limit, I had to go in and out of the Can Tire store with $2K cash, either 5x or 6x. Later years, when paying off NSLSC loans, my limit was up to $7K, so I went into a store just a couple of times, with cash/debit card, to clear the limit. As I mentioned before, I got a letter from CTFS, on behalf of the G-Man, asking me to provide proof on how I am able to fund my cash payments, but it was a simple form to fill out, and I just mentioned my income source info. It was just a formality, and not really a lot of money, relatively speaking. Not a big deal.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1342 posts
1140 upvotes
Ontario
titaniumtux wrote: maxed out the Cash Advantage for a third time this month.
Tux,

Give your unicorn a last ride today.

Feed her a luscious juicy apple, then sadly say goodbye.
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️ . (I'm sorta re-thinking this)

CTFS CA and grandfathered Triangle WE .🔻
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13671 posts
11169 upvotes
Leask
banker8 wrote: Tux,

Give your unicorn a last ride today.

Feed her a luscious juicy apple, then sadly say goodbye.
You bet! Crossing fingers for smooth sailing 🤣 afterwards Green Day will ruin the deal unless their alarm doesn't work :lol:
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7754 posts
1773 upvotes
Mont-Royal
what debit card do you guys used to pay off the balance on your triangle MC?

I used scotia scenes points, but i wonder if stack prepaid , or koho, or some prepaid debit card works with some perks?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
7456 posts
7582 upvotes
The Prairies
L4cky wrote: what debit card do you guys used to pay off the balance on your triangle MC?

I used scotia scenes points, but i wonder if stack prepaid , or koho, or some prepaid debit card works with some perks?
No, none of those cards will work because they are prepaids.
Scene Visa Debit and BMO MasterCard Debit are NOT prepaids, and work off the Interac network, where the prepaids do not.

B581A131-A533-482D-849D-CB6A2E67832E.jpeg

Stack, KOHO and other prepaids are NOT co-badged, nor are they Interac cards.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
13671 posts
11169 upvotes
Leask
coolintheshade wrote: No, none of those cards will work because they are prepaids.
Scene Visa Debit and BMO MasterCard Debit are NOT prepaids, and work off the Interac network, where the prepaids do not.

B581A131-A533-482D-849D-CB6A2E67832E.jpeg

Stack, KOHO and other prepaids are NOT co-badged, nor are they Interac cards.
This. Also foreign Issued VISA/MC debit cards won't work, either.
No solicitation in sigs
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7946 posts
1518 upvotes
Burnaby
Scotia scene debit has no limit per transaction for points earned, but if you're opting for Scotia rewards, there's a cap of $1.5k per transaction and $3k per day (1 point per 5 bucks, so 0.2 percent rebate, combineable with Scotia gold and Scotia passport, 300 and 600 points respectively)

If I recall correctly the highest limit is 10k per transaction on Scotia debit, but that's how I found out about the Scotia rewards cap when I only received 300 points for a 10k transaction. I subsequently dropped my debit limit to 3k or something per day
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
7754 posts
1773 upvotes
Mont-Royal
crimsona wrote: Scotia scene debit has no limit per transaction for points earned, but if you're opting for Scotia rewards, there's a cap of $1.5k per transaction and $3k per day (1 point per 5 bucks, so 0.2 percent rebate, combineable with Scotia gold and Scotia passport, 300 and 600 points respectively)

If I recall correctly the highest limit is 10k per transaction on Scotia debit, but that's how I found out about the Scotia rewards cap when I only received 300 points for a 10k transaction. I subsequently dropped my debit limit to 3k or something per day
so better pay 1500$ several times to earn max of 300 points?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
May 20, 2013
11 posts
10 upvotes
Big Yikes. Just paid a bill and typed in $2000 instead of $200 to property taxes. I am surprise CT bank don't have a cancel bill payment for situations like this. Now I am eagerly waiting for customer service to open and hopeful able to reverse that charge or else I will be $2000 in the hole.
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6441 posts
2338 upvotes
GTA
chriscalgary1 wrote: Big Yikes. Just paid a bill and typed in $2000 instead of $200 to property taxes. I am surprise CT bank don't have a cancel bill payment for situations like this. Now I am eagerly waiting for customer service to open and hopeful able to reverse that charge or else I will be $2000 in the hole.
You must have been in a rush, because after you put in the amount and click next you can still see the amounts and where its going before you "Pay Bills".
Deal Addict
May 7, 2019
1342 posts
1140 upvotes
Ontario
chriscalgary1 wrote: Just paid a bill and typed in $2000 instead of $200 to property taxes.
Look on the bright side.

At least you won't have to pay it for the next 9 quarters Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Preferred cards:

Brim WE . ☁️ . (I'm sorta re-thinking this)

CTFS CA and grandfathered Triangle WE .🔻
Oct 16, 2019
86 posts
45 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
titaniumtux wrote: Inevitably, since debit cards won't allow scaling that high in a day...
Scotia and CIBC both will let you change limits.
Paid off my tuition with debit, called to raise my limits, was quick.
Nov 16, 2005
224 posts
5 upvotes
Anyone know what exactly is the PAYEE name for Toronto Enbridge Gas Bill ? ...the CT MC list shown ENBRIDGE only and the list (someone provided the list) shown different. Confused.
Also like to know others too ...
Toronto Hydro ?
Toronto Property Tax ?
Thanks