Credit Cards

Pay Your Bills Online Using CANADIAN TIRE MASTER CARD & Earn Cash Back/CT $$$ !!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:13 am
Tags:
None
Apr 24, 2014
993 posts
2463 upvotes
davidtuan wrote: How to access the municipality account? Thanks
You will have to check Halifax's city hall website if they provide an online account. If not provided, then a phone call to city hall will be your next option to check.
Wear shoes instead of sandals or going barefoot when walking to the smoker/grill.
May 19, 2006
543 posts
141 upvotes
I guess the next question is has anyone requested a payee and it showed up shortly after?

I just put in a request for a vendor that I use that might not be a common one but will see if it shows up since it is available at all other banks as a payee.

Nezgar wrote: I've confirmed I can find "Foresters Financial" as a bill payee option at BMO, CIBC, and PC Financial... But indeed, not in CTFS, neither for bill pay or balance transfer.

I guess all you can do is call in and ask nicely if they could add it - since it shows up as an option at other banks. They may "pass it on to the powers that be" or send it to the bit-bucket, who knows...

It's possible CTFS has intentionally excluded it though, as some other payees were excluded as they could potentially be abused to inflate artificial payments to accounts that aren't really "bills".
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5580 posts
1106 upvotes
Toronto
Does this still work for paying property taxes? Counts as a purchase and not cash advance?
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2011
1957 posts
1902 upvotes
Vancouver
Oni-kun wrote: Does this still work for paying property taxes? Counts as a purchase and not cash advance?
Yes
Aug 27, 2013
80 posts
15 upvotes
yupkime wrote: I guess the next question is has anyone requested a payee and it showed up shortly after?

I just put in a request for a vendor that I use that might not be a common one but will see if it shows up since it is available at all other banks as a payee.
How did you put in a request?
May 19, 2006
543 posts
141 upvotes
I called in and spoke to a rep who said they would pass it along.
There isn't a formal way to do it except for asking nicely and checking once in awhile to see if it pops up?
brady23 wrote: How did you put in a request?
Oct 17, 2013
968 posts
715 upvotes
yupkime wrote: I guess the next question is has anyone requested a payee and it showed up shortly after?

There have been people who say they were able to get a vendor added..

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/viewtop ... p=34514875
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2011
1957 posts
1902 upvotes
Vancouver
greygables wrote: There have been people who say they were able to get a vendor added..

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/viewtop ... p=34514875
This would only work if they're already registered but have been filtered out (the list for bill payments from CC is a curated list). If you have a Canadian Tire bank account you can probably check the full unfiltered list. Businesses need to register with the bank as a payee (there's usually a fee to the business to maintain a registration). It's not the banks going out and adding them.
May 22, 2020
241 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
New to this. Hoping someone can answer as I am unable to understand how this works.

Based on what I read, I should use Triangle WE mastercard, login ctfs.com and search, add payee, and make payments to the service providers.
Prepay to certain service providers is possible where they are allowed. No other credit card payments can be made/added as payees.

May I know how to determine the rate offer for such payments? Is this posted somewhere and is it the same for all payments to service providers?
Also, will the rate offer be applied by ctfs directly to the WE mastercard as cashback or triangle points.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2011
1957 posts
1902 upvotes
Vancouver
tokarthi wrote: New to this. Hoping someone can answer as I am unable to understand how this works.

Based on what I read, I should use Triangle WE mastercard, login ctfs.com and search, add payee, and make payments to the service providers.
Prepay to certain service providers is possible where they are allowed. No other credit card payments can be made/added as payees.

May I know how to determine the rate offer for such payments? Is this posted somewhere and is it the same for all payments to service providers?
Also, will the rate offer be applied by ctfs directly to the WE mastercard as cashback or triangle points.
You can basically think of it as the credit card is giving you eCTM or cashback (depending on the card) as if you made a regular credit card purchase. The only difference is they allow you to earn points with fees on bill payees that you would normally be paying with a chequing account
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13095 posts
883 upvotes
Toronto
Got email offer of Triple CT money for bill payments! Astonished Face
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2014
1505 posts
1104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
belfour wrote: Got email offer of Triple CT money for bill payments! Astonished Face
Anyone else? Nothing for me yet
-------------
GRAMMAR: The difference between "Feeling you're nuts." and "Feeling your nuts."
English is a difficult language. It can be understood through tough thorough thought though.
Mar 10, 2008
747 posts
125 upvotes
Is there any sign up bonus right this time? Property tax is coming
Deal Guru
Feb 4, 2015
10328 posts
6693 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
treasureseeker3 wrote: Anyone else? Nothing for me yet
Nada, zilch on two different MC WE cards.
2022/3: BOC raised 10 times and MCAP raised its prime next day.
2017,2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime next day each time.
2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited to drop its prime to include all 3 drops.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2007
1108 posts
1118 upvotes
GTA
Dragynfyre wrote: You can basically think of it as the credit card is giving you eCTM or cashback (depending on the card) as if you made a regular credit card purchase. The only difference is they allow you to earn points with fees on bill payees that you would normally be paying with a chequing account
Plus, depending on the date of your CT statement vs. the due date of the bill, you gain a free float of 20 to 50 days, which at today's HISA rates can amount to a few dozen bps.
Apr 24, 2014
993 posts
2463 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: What is Toronto Property Tax payee name? I searched Toronto in the spreadsheet but none of them are property tax?
I login online and screenshot the bill payee.

Wear shoes instead of sandals or going barefoot when walking to the smoker/grill.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

menajen