• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2019 3:10 pm
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
12294 posts
1336 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 8:55 am
Walmart's shoe section is just a mini-Payless Shoes. Mostly short-lived garbage.
problem i find is walmart tones says unmarked shoes, still marked in gyms and they are very stiff plastic shoes
payless also sell champion brand shoes and they are decent
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13561 posts
3818 upvotes
Montreal
zewill wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:34 pm
Bought a pair at payless once. Construction shoes. Some metallic part broke off the shoe after like 2 uses which made it difficult to lace up.
Went back to the store, got an exchange, resold the pair.
Then bought a pair at canadian tire. After gently (true!) using them for 2 weeks, they started unstitching. Went back to CT and got an exchange for another pair I kept.
Everytime the process was very easy. Companies need to make sure they dont buy CRAP or else it will come back to them....
That's because it's far cheaper to just produce a pile of crap in Asia, then ship it over here for customers to be the QA department, rather than paying someone in China to actually inspect each item for workmanship.

That's the new business model, which is why you never, ever, ever buy from a store without a return or replacement policy, as the defect rates are through the ceiling.
FourDollarama Shut Down My RFD Customer Experience Thread!
May 19, 2009
232 posts
106 upvotes
Vancouver
nexuscardguy wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 6:25 am
my daughter was happy happy with getting a couple pairs of Jojo Siwa shoes. 3 pairs out the door just under $50 but i've always been against these places and walmart shoes. Shop around you'll get better deals at nike footlocker etc etc
dredd2099 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 7:39 am
lol, did she get those high ones as well? my kid just zoomed in on it Face With Tears Of Joy
I'm not a kid but I got myself a pair of Jojo Siwa too! I actually had no idea who she was until I Googled Face With Tears Of Joy Yay for tiny feet! I got a size 4 1/2 and it's more comfy than expected.
Also got two pairs of kids sized boots and my total was $30 including tax. I don't expect these shoes to last long, just long enough for me to have fun wearing them.

I drew my line at the shoes that light up Face With Tears Of Joy
Jan 5, 2007
260 posts
101 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 5:03 pm
Did some research.

Shenzen chinese stock. Produced at $4 a pair, sold at $35. Falls apart in months.

Bankruptcy isn't a shocker.
*Shenzhen

I read the whole thread and everytime "Shenzen" was quoted it bothered me. I can neither agree nor disagree with this comment as I haven't bought anything at Payless Shoes. Might check it out for the kids - especially the one who races around on a scooter using the top toe part of his shoes to brake.
Oct 10, 2014
111 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
manthica wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 3:11 am
same here, went on saturday afternoon really nothing interesting, 40% off but everything is at $50-$60, so with taxes it is still $35-$40 a pair
I saw l girl bought a pair of running shoes 30% off $55 price tag, but the 35$ original price tag fell out of the box at the cashier ! LOL , so basically she over paid by 3 bucks
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4160 posts
1056 upvotes
Ottawa
redflagdealsguy wrote: Did some research.

Shenzen chinese stock. Produced at $4 a pair, sold at $35. Falls apart in months.

Bankruptcy isn't a shocker.
Shenzhen make iPhone XS max too for $300 , sold at $2000. Lol.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 24, 2018
6635 posts
6935 upvotes
QA folks, Shenzhen production without modern QA processes explains the difference between dumpster fire Payless shoes, and an iPhone XS (decent phone on a garbage OS).

God bless.
Nov 23, 2012
329 posts
146 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
poopooplatter wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 11:48 pm
I never understood the appeal of Payless. Walmart, Aldo, Spring, Winners, etc were always cheaper. What exactly am I paying "less" than? I'm amazed they even lasted this long.
Winners have decent stuff here, the rest of these stores however have terrible products.
Dec 26, 2017
238 posts
131 upvotes
not sure if this is at every payless but gift cards at the Windsor stores wont be allowed anymore after March 23rd. i do think its every where as the lady said we are now owned by a liquidation company and they are allowing us to use gift cards till March 23rd
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
1306 posts
540 upvotes
lol their shoes are like $10 reg price u get wat u pay for
Oct 4, 2008
711 posts
224 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
I stopped in at Payless shoes in Okotoks Alberta, the sale isn't 40%-60% but instead 30%-50% and most items are just 30%. I got a pair of size 9 Champion, looked decent, regular $50 marked down to $35. Comparing to the Reebok spring sale elsewhere here with 40% off for spring (except all the shoes are minimum $100).
reebok-reebok-ca-spring-sale-40-off-reg ... s-2272929/

Ahhh I think these Champions are not bad value.