Shopping Discussion

paymi.com (cash rewards when you shop in-mall/ in-stores)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2019 9:37 am
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 25, 2016
91 posts
63 upvotes
Richmond

paymi.com (cash rewards when you shop in-mall/ in-stores)

Has anyone heard of this (https://www.paymi.com/index.html)? My local mall just posted an ad on Facebook inviting its followers to register... a quick search on Google didn't really give me any trustworthy advice.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2443 posts
2045 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
Seems like those websites that give you cash back for using their referral links (think ebates) except for brick and mortar stores. Basically malls pay them to give cash back to people who shop at their mall therefore increasing traffic. As for the company according to this website they were founded as an advertising company in Toronto back in 2014, so they're fairly new. As for the legitimacy of the company, I assume they are, I've never used them but since large groups like Cadillac Fairview are working with them, I would assume that this isn't fake. That being said it's a new, relatively unheard of company and they want access to your online banking (I assume to check if you're spending money at their partners so they know how much to pay you) so I would proceed with caution.
DUCA credit union member
Nov 23, 2015
737 posts
412 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bump. CIBC is pushing this now. All the usual suspects are there, but these guys have Walmart. Temporary 2% cashback at Walmart which is pretty great if you ask me.
Jul 28, 2018
147 posts
130 upvotes
56kbps wrote: Bump. CIBC is pushing this now. All the usual suspects are there, but these guys have Walmart. Temporary 2% cashback at Walmart which is pretty great if you ask me.
Is there a thread about this? I just found out through a tweet from a Canadian tech blog I follow on Twitter.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2002
1635 posts
166 upvotes
Scarborough
I signed up for this and linked some cards. I got 1% back from a purchase at Metro showing in my history but nothing for a purchase from Lowes (15%) done on the same day. I used Amex at Lowes and VISA at Metro... wonder if it makes a difference in processing time...

Btw, they supposedly give you $5 for referring a friend who then uses a linked card for a purchase. I've referred a few people but nothing yet...
----------------------------------------------------------------
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2005
2244 posts
1274 upvotes
Ottawa
Does anyone know what they offer for shopping in a Cadillac Fairview mall? Does it differ by store?
Nov 26, 2015
353 posts
670 upvotes
Winnipeg
Why that the "Paymi" logo look exactly like "PayTM"?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1499 posts
1763 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mok122cobra wrote: Why that the "Paymi" logo look exactly like "PayTM"?
Noticed that as well!

Also, if you use Drop and have Walmart selected as one of your Power Offers (which I do,) you can stack your Drop points + Paymi cashback! Fun.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1604 posts
443 upvotes
St. John's
No way to add my Rogers card from what I can tell. Amex will have to do for now.
Sep 5, 2017
435 posts
228 upvotes
just wondered if anyone has any updated reviews on this service? are they legit? I hadnt checked my banking messages in a long time, so im just now seeing one from february offering this service through CIBC. Im curious what they do with your info as well...
Aug 22, 2016
90 posts
33 upvotes
in and out of a vici…
Does not seem to support debit or credit cards from the following institutions:

MBNA
Capital One
PC Financial
Rogers Bank
National Bank
JP Morgan Chase
Walmart Canada Bank
Synchrony Financial Canada

Also: does not seem to support multiple credit cards per linked account.