Hot Deals

[Paypal] [American Express] PayPal - Spend and Earn 100 bonus MR points, up to 500 bonus points YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2019 9:52 pm
[OP]
Apr 6, 2007
332 posts
80 upvotes

[American Express] PayPal - Spend and Earn 100 bonus MR points, up to 500 bonus points YMMV

Expiry:
October 31, 2019
Retailer:
Paypal
Got this through Amex Offers today.

I am compiling a thread of all "Amex Offers" here: amex-offers-2304995/

PayPal
Make a qualifying purchase with your registered Card online using PayPal at participating Canadian businesses by 31/10/2019 and earn 100 bonus Membership Rewards points. Limit of 500 points. Registration cap and terms apply.

OFFER TERMS
Only the first 5,000 cards to be successfully registered are eligible for the offer.
The registered Card account must be in good standing. Must first register your Card to the offer and make PayPal transactions that are charged to the same Card by 31/10/2019. Date format is DD/MM/YYYY. If PayPal does not charge your Card during this period you will not be eligible for this offer. Purchases made during the offer period prior to registration of your eligible card in this program is not a qualifying purchase. Only the Basic American Express® Card referenced in this channel is eligible for registration in this offer. You must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® and have an active account to receive the bonus points. Your registration of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Purchases made with supplementary cards are not qualifying purchases. Until 31/10/2019, you can earn 100 bonus Membership Rewards® points, up to five times, when you make up to five qualifying PayPal transactions online charged to your registered Card at participating Canadian businesses accepting PayPal and subsequently posted to your account by 14/11/2019. You can earn a maximum of 500 Membership Rewards® points during the offer period. Items ordered during the offer period, but shipped after 14/11/2019 may not count towards your qualifying purchases. Delivery of online purchases is only available within Canada.
Offer is valid only on PayPal transactions made in Canadian dollars charged to your registered Card at participating Canadian businesses accepting PayPal. Offer is non-transferable.
Bonus Membership Rewards® points will be applied to your eligible Membership Rewards® account within 90 days after 31/10/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Bonus points will be reversed if the qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the additional points.
Bonus points are in addition to any points you would normally receive for purchases on your Card. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® Program apply. Visit https://catalogue.membershiprewards.ca/ for more information.
In the event that you replace your registered card through Amex Bank of Canada or a licensed third party issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.
For full terms that apply to registering your card in the program, see Program Terms. By registering your card, you agree to receive emails from American Express about this offer.
43 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3204 posts
2216 upvotes
The PayPal offer is the only offer I currently have available for my rather new Gold card.
Sep 2, 2018
789 posts
764 upvotes
Blainville, QC
I got this, but $10 CB for my SimplyCash (since I don't have any MR cards).
Sep 2, 2018
789 posts
764 upvotes
Blainville, QC
But what qualifies as "Canadian businesses"? Would purchases on ebay.ca count?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3204 posts
2216 upvotes
sid8tive wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 1:40 pm
I got this, but $10 CB for my SimplyCash (since I don't have any MR cards).
I just checked my SC and got this offer:

"Get 15% of total purchase as a credit. Up to $10 in credits."
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1581 posts
390 upvotes
St. John's
Gtaphotog wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 1:59 pm
I just checked my SC and got this offer:

"Get 15% of total purchase as a credit. Up to $10 in credits."
I got the 15%, up to $10 on my SimplyCash and 100 pts per transaction on my Cobalt.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3204 posts
2216 upvotes
Chew300ZX wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 2:23 pm
I got the 15%, up to $10 on my SimplyCash and 100 pts per transaction on my Cobalt.
I got the 100pts on my gold.

Pts offers for pts cards and % offers for CB cards.
Oct 15, 2018
60 posts
12 upvotes
so, even a $1 purchase with paypal would work?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
2186 posts
690 upvotes
My offer is Get 15% of total purchase as a credit. Up to 10$ in credits. for PayPal

Edit: Bought a Shell Gas GC off ebatesgiftcardshop for $100 and paid thru paypal.

Probably the easiest way without having to spend money on something I won't end up needing
Sep 2, 2018
789 posts
764 upvotes
Blainville, QC
flash67 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 3:06 pm
My offer is Get 15% of total purchase as a credit. Up to 10$ in credits. for PayPal

Edit: Bought a Shell Gas GC off ebatesgiftcardshop for $100 and paid thru paypal.

Probably the easiest way without having to spend money on something I won't end up needing
Great idea!
Sep 2, 2018
789 posts
764 upvotes
Blainville, QC
Picked up 3x $25 Uber GCs from the EbatesGCShop. Lets see if/when the credit hits.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1149 posts
513 upvotes
Toronto
Am I understanding this wrong...100 MR points is basically worth $1...
Aug 11, 2018
44 posts
44 upvotes
Edmonton
I got this offer too (edit: my offer was the 100MR points x 5 occasions on my gold card) and was going to purchase gift cards, but clicking the further “Program Terms” link in the offer yields a specific exemption for GC purchases. I’ll be curious to know if anyone has success with gift cards, was kind of at a loss to make this worth going out of my way for from a merchandise standpoint.
BCF42D42-BA8D-4F74-9026-CAE49403C4C7.png
Aug 11, 2018
44 posts
44 upvotes
Edmonton
vhparekh wrote:
Aug 9th, 2019 2:34 pm
so, even a $1 purchase with paypal would work?
Yes, it appears so as there’s no transaction minimum in any of the terms.
May 22, 2015
100 posts
46 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Yup, I just checked my sc 15% max $10 had it registered, will buy something via ebay... Thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)