PayPal Contacts for help?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2020 11:25 pm
Mar 14, 2015
833 posts
94 upvotes
Edmonton

PayPal Contacts for help?

Does anyone know someone or have an email that I can use to get a reply back? I haven't heard back from the regular channels regarding my situation and was wondering if anyone else has been through this or have advice.

I requested a refund with the store that I bought the item from and they asked me to pay for shipping on my own so I did, with tracking which came out to be around $100 CAD, sent to Belgium. I filled out customs forms and everything accurately before sending it off. However when it showed as held at customs in Belgium, the vendor reached out and said we wrote too high of a number on the package for the cost and they need to pay duties. They refused and offered $100 compensation which would only reimburse the fee to send the package over in the first place...

I rejected the offer and they said they're not going to pick it up. Now my tracking is stuck at 'Held at Customs' and the last PayPal reply said the tracking was not valid cause it shows that it was never delivered so they can't help with my case. Now I'm out of $100 and no refund on the product as it was shipped back to me! Can the vendor refuse the package? I even have the email where they told me to basically lie and write a lower amount for the product.

Is there anything I can do in this situation or am I SOL? Thanks!
1 reply
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
did u pay with your credit card. if so u can try to file a charge back though them show them u made the effort to return the package and the seller refused to accept the package.

for the return shipping go here https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns active the return shipping on us program for your account then find the transaction for the item u returned there will be a link on that that says Request a return shipping refund fill out the info and upload a copy of your shipping bill they will refund upto $30 u can do this upto 12 times a year. obviously wont get u back ur full $100 but its better then nothing.

also came across this from googling https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/buy ... ge.644513/ pretty much the buyer buy something that was SNAD started a dispute paypal told them to return it seller refused the shipment so once the item got returned back to the buyer after it was refused paypal refunded after they called and showed paypal that they made the effort to return it but the seller refused the package.