Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Paypal

Download and log into new Paypal app and get $5 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2022 4:32 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1430 posts
421 upvotes
Ottawa
Am I the only one paranoid about the redirect from py.pl/xxxxxx to app.adjust.net.in?????
Last time I checked PayPal wasn't quartered in India.
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7081 posts
5209 upvotes
I did not receive the $5 credit.

I did see the offer when I logged in.

What the odds that they give it to me when I ask to review?

Well. I will let you guys know.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
renoldman wrote: I did not receive the $5 credit.

I did see the offer when I logged in.

What the odds that they give it to me when I ask to review?

Well. I will let you guys know.
I dont think anyone has gotten it yet. Let us know what they said after you called.
Apr 28, 2017
89 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
I have just downloaded the paypal app. Lets see if i get the $5 credit. When i logged into paypal account, i could see the offer to ear $5 if i download the app.
Nov 6, 2021
803 posts
2256 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
angel_wing0 wrote: I dont think anyone has gotten it yet. Let us know what they said after you called.
Last week, I used the message centre and the PayPal help said that it takes up to week for the $5 reward to be credited to the account. Today, I contacted again through the message centre because it’s been a week and I still don’t have the $5. They haven’t replied yet. I’ll update when they reply.
Jun 21, 2012
148 posts
143 upvotes
Brampton
Mccrimmon wrote: I have just downloaded the paypal app. Lets see if i get the $5 credit. When i logged into paypal account, i could see the offer to ear $5 if i download the app.
I believe you have to download the app via special link sent to your mobile. You need to send that link from online account if the offer appears in your account.
Nov 10, 2018
349 posts
529 upvotes
Ontario
Rip, I already had the app installed. Damn, Google Pixel and it's auto-updates. Grats to e1 who got it!
Nov 6, 2021
803 posts
2256 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
PayPal help got back to me, and I got the $5 reward. Probably wasn’t worth the wait, but if anyone contacts PayPal help through the message centre, they’ll probably give you a $5 courtesy credit.
Images
  • 3DFA0175-A6CA-4C89-B683-A46B1D816824.jpeg
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
8469 posts
4465 upvotes
Canuckland
How do you know when you’ll get the $5? I did get the get app link
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7081 posts
5209 upvotes
angel_wing0 wrote: I dont think anyone has gotten it yet. Let us know what they said after you called.
They called me and said to wait 2 weeks.

I told them people got it already ....

Maybe people got the $5 for signing in and thought it was this.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
I received the targeted email, installed the new app, and signed in on December 13. Today I check and of course it's not there. Another hassle, courtesy of PayPal it seems.
Apr 22, 2010
519 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Messages them about this promotion today as I still did not see the $5 credit. They said they are aware of the issue and the delay in issuing the promotional credit and have escalated to their PD team.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
Seininya wrote: Messages them about this promotion today as I still did not see the $5 credit. They said they are aware of the issue and the delay in issuing the promotional credit and have escalated to their PD team.
Thanks for the update, will also msg them, don't think I have gotten mine yet as well.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7081 posts
5209 upvotes
Well. I spoke with the reps and they were adamant that I downloaded today and to wait another 10 days.

They wanted proof of email, which I did not receive.

When I logged in the PayPal site, I got the notification that I would receive $5 after downloading and logging in.

The reps seem to be aware of US customers being eligible, but not for Canadian ones.

Good luck to all.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
7081 posts
5209 upvotes
Sometime overnight they credited me with $5 US .

I think there was some issue with this promo.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
renoldman wrote: Well. I spoke with the reps and they were adamant that I downloaded today and to wait another 10 days.

They wanted proof of email, which I did not receive.

When I logged in the PayPal site, I got the notification that I would receive $5 after downloading and logging in.

The reps seem to be aware of US customers being eligible, but not for Canadian ones.

Good luck to all.
did you msg or call them? they sure are slow in replying msgs.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1367 posts
2072 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm so confused. I tried to follow what everyone is doing and when I logged into my paypal account via desktop Chrome browser, selected the link to "Get the Paypal App", entered my mobile phone number to receive a text, launch the link from the text to "Get/Install" new app, launch the app and login. I don't see the $5.00 credit (knowing it may appear within 1 week) however I did not get any confirmation after installing the new app.
Mar 23, 2004
47725 posts
13890 upvotes
Markham
QuickFingers wrote: I'm so confused. I tried to follow what everyone is doing and when I logged into my paypal account via desktop Chrome browser, selected the link to "Get the Paypal App", entered my mobile phone number to receive a text, launch the link from the text to "Get/Install" new app, launch the app and login. I don't see the $5.00 credit (knowing it may appear within 1 week) however I did not get any confirmation after installing the new app.
You dont get any kind of confirmation/notification about the $5 after installing the app.
Jul 15, 2003
931 posts
411 upvotes
PSA: If you use Two-Factor Authentication for your PayPal account, you'll need to temporarily disable it to login to the PayPal app.

I was getting a blank screen after attempting to login to the PayPal app. Tried this on several devices. Did some googling and found that other people with 2FA enabled had the same problem. Solution is to disable 2FA and then login with the PayPal app. Afterwards, re-enable 2FA again.

So after all that, I was able to login to the PayPal app. However, I didn't see anything that says I got the $5 credit like some others have already pointed out above. Hopefully, we'll get credited in a week or so.