Globe and Mail Digital subscription - 12-week trial for $0.99 per week

Deal Link:
Expiry:
May 27, 2019
Retailer:
PayPal
$0.99/week for a 12-week trial
$6.99/week thereafter

*Billed at $3.96 every 4 weeks on subscription start date. At the end of your trial, you will be billed the regular Globe Digital rate of $6.99 per week (billed every 4 weeks at $27.96 plus applicable taxes). Cancel anytime.
Thread Summary
As of Aug 12/19 - Digital access promo is $0.99 per week for 24 weeks
60 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3269 posts
4776 upvotes
Langley, BC
so many other free news sources...
Nov 23, 2015
753 posts
438 upvotes
Winnipeg
steven80 wrote: so many other free news sources...
The Globe is quality.
Oct 22, 2016
631 posts
537 upvotes
Comox Valley
56kbps wrote: The Globe is quality.
I agree with you, but they do lack Western Canadian news.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2003
1241 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone is looking to start a group buy on this, I would be interested in joining even for the full year.
Feb 23, 2014
976 posts
471 upvotes
User452441 wrote: I agree with you, but they do lack Western Canadian news.
Got any Province deals?
Oct 27, 2009
591 posts
414 upvotes
Hamilton
99 cents should be the regular price.
Dec 28, 2007
485 posts
170 upvotes
Ottawa
Praetorian wrote: If anyone is looking to start a group buy on this, I would be interested in joining even for the full year.
I'm in.
Mar 16, 2007
743 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
[/quote]

Promo at $1.50 / week for 52 weeks if subscribed before July 1.

Anyone interested in sharing the subscription?[/quote]

Where you see 1.50?

I am interested in sharing the subscription.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14223 posts
4726 upvotes
Toronto
Any deals on the physical paper? Yup, I'm old.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4980 posts
4344 upvotes
Kurtz7834 wrote: Any deals on the physical paper? Yup, I'm old.
I used this promo for the duration and cancelled before getting hit with the full cost. You'll receive full digital access and the print edition. I read everything I wanted to know the night before the print edition hit our driveway the next morning. The paper is skinny now. You won't recognize it if you haven't read in it a while.
Last edited by MrMom on Jun 28th, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
You don't know, what you don't know.
Jan 1, 2008
93 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
iN Trainin' wrote: Promo at $1.50 / week for 52 weeks if subscribed before July 1.

Anyone interested in sharing the subscription?
I'm interested
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1211 posts
224 upvotes
Mississauga
iN Trainin' wrote: Promo at $1.50 / week for 52 weeks if subscribed before July 1.

Anyone interested in sharing the subscription?
Where did you see that promo?

Also, how many users are allowed to share the sub?
Sep 13, 2008
77 posts
26 upvotes
Mississauga
Kurtz7834 wrote: Any deals on the physical paper? Yup, I'm old.
andremck wrote: I'm interested
jalaram wrote:
Where did you see that promo?

Also, how many users are allowed to share the sub?
I received it via email. The first 3 ppl who messaged, please DM me and I'll set it up and share login info with you guys.

I haven't done shared subscription before so I'm not aware of how many we can have. I think 4 people on one is more than enough. I'll pay and share the login info.

IF you guys feel 4 is too many, I can do it with 3 as well.

Here's the image of the deal
https://ibb.co/R4bcv6G
Images
  • Capture.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8789 posts
3255 upvotes
Toronto
Boomer66 wrote: Hi all,
Best deal is via peropolis.... here's the link and enjoy!

https://subscribe.theglobeandmail.com/# ... erkopolis2

$1.99/week for 52 weeks - best deal out there and validated via G&M service rep.

Cheers!
This is an excellent deal. I went through that to subscribed. I entered the credit card number to subscribe. It then sent me a confirmation, but that confirmation showed me it was charging me a much higher amount. I called G&M, the lady said I was signed up for a different promotion. Some time ago there was another promotion that I almost went through to pay, but didn't. So it seems their system remembered that promotion attacked to my account. This is a bait & switch on the part of G&M, showing me the $1.99/52 week, but charged me for a different rate. The lady wouldn't give me the promo rate, so I told her to cancel my subscription.

Check your confirmation email.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4980 posts
4344 upvotes
Arrgh wrote: This is an excellent deal. I went through that to subscribed. I entered the credit card number to subscribe. It then sent me a confirmation, but that confirmation showed me it was charging me a much higher amount. I called G&M, the lady said I was signed up for a different promotion. Some time ago there was another promotion that I almost went through to pay, but didn't. So it seems their system remembered that promotion attacked to my account. This is a bait & switch on the part of G&M, showing me the $1.99/52 week, but charged me for a different rate. The lady wouldn't give me the promo rate, so I told her to cancel my subscription.

At the very least, you should be able to get "$1.99/week for the first 24 weeks." It pops up every time I go to their homepage on a desktop.
Images
  • globeandmail promo.JPG
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2006
8789 posts
3255 upvotes
Toronto
MrMom wrote: At the very least, you should be able to get "$1.99/week for the first 24 weeks." It pops up every time I go to their homepage on a desktop.
Why would I want $1.99/wk when there is $1.99/52-wk. I was signing up for $1.99/52-wk, when G&M proceeded to charge me a higher amount.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4980 posts
4344 upvotes
Boomer66 wrote: Hi all,
Best deal is via peropolis.... here's the link and enjoy!

https://subscribe.theglobeandmail.com/# ... erkopolis2

$1.99/week for 52 weeks - best deal out there and validated via G&M service rep.

Cheers!
Arrgh wrote: This is an excellent deal. I went through that to subscribed. I entered the credit card number to subscribe. It then sent me a confirmation, but that confirmation showed me it was charging me a much higher amount. I called G&M, the lady said I was signed up for a different promotion. Some time ago there was another promotion that I almost went through to pay, but didn't. So it seems their system remembered that promotion attacked to my account. This is a bait & switch on the part of G&M, showing me the $1.99/52 week, but charged me for a different rate. The lady wouldn't give me the promo rate, so I told her to cancel my subscription.

Arrgh wrote: Why would I want $1.99/wk when there is $1.99/52-wk. I was signing up for $1.99/52-wk, when G&M proceeded to charge me a higher amount.
"$1.99/week for 52 weeks" PLUS "This is an excellent deal" EQUALS Why would I assume your comment of "$1.99/52 week" wasn't just a typing error on your part?

Are you saying that you once had an opportunity to subscribe for less than 4 cents per week and never did it?

No need to be indignant when someone is trying to help you.
Images
  • Indignant.JPG