Shopping Discussion

Paypal keeps pushing back resolution date for dispute?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 15th, 2020 6:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4124 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver

Paypal keeps pushing back resolution date for dispute?

Anybody experience this issue?

I purchased some cat toys from an online Shopify website and paid by paypal on Jan 3. Seller provides me a tracking number - after item doesn't arrive in a couple weeks, I check the tracking number - shows delivered to New Zealand. Check the store's website, it is now gone. Open Paypal dispute, seller sends new tracking number - when I check on the tracking number it shows it does not exist. Escalate to Paypal claim, status shows "reviewing information" with resolution date of Feb 3. Next day, resolution date changed to Feb 6. Couple days later, Feb 9. I contact Paypal by e-mail with a screenshot showing the new tracking number doesn't exist, I get a generic e-mail reply. When I check today, resolution date now pushed back to Feb 12. I paid with Visa linked to my paypal account, should I just to my CC company for a chargeback at this stage?
10 replies
Penalty Box
Sep 20, 2019
279 posts
434 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Anybody experience this issue?

I purchased some cat toys from an online Shopify website and paid by paypal on Jan 3. Seller provides me a tracking number - after item doesn't arrive in a couple weeks, I check the tracking number - shows delivered to New Zealand. Check the store's website, it is now gone. Open Paypal dispute, seller sends new tracking number - when I check on the tracking number it shows it does not exist. Escalate to Paypal claim, status shows "reviewing information" with resolution date of Feb 3. Next day, resolution date changed to Feb 6. Couple days later, Feb 9. I contact Paypal by e-mail with a screenshot showing the new tracking number doesn't exist, I get a generic e-mail reply. When I check today, resolution date now pushed back to Feb 12. I paid with Visa linked to my paypal account, should I just to my CC company for a chargeback at this stage?
Do a chargeback if you want your account permanently banned.

Next time, shop from trusted sellers.

Paypal will get to you when they are good and ready, and they side with the buyer 99.99999999% of the time, so stop worrying about a couple bucks worth of cat toys.
The one, the only, the original, SIZZLING FRYING PAN HOT DEALS - DEAL GOD!
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4124 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver
MauriceLaFlamme wrote: Do a chargeback if you want your account permanently banned.

Next time, shop from trusted sellers.

Paypal will get to you when they are good and ready, and they side with the buyer 99.99999999% of the time, so stop worrying about a couple bucks worth of cat toys.
Actually $100 of cat toys...I love my cats :)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
1729 posts
797 upvotes
London
just call in and talk to someone on the phone tell them to check the tracking number. they should close the case out in ur favor well your on the phone with them.
Apr 29, 2018
433 posts
236 upvotes
Their phone support is pretty good. Call & explain, and they should be able to sort it out. Though you may have to call multiple times, as not all reps are helpful. But they can even re-open closed cases
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4124 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks everyone, was trying to avoid calling as I'm not able to call while I'm at work, but I'll give them a call on the weekend.
Penalty Box
Sep 20, 2019
279 posts
434 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Thanks everyone, was trying to avoid calling as I'm not able to call while I'm at work, but I'll give them a call on the weekend.
Time for a better job!
Apr 29, 2018
433 posts
236 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Thanks everyone, was trying to avoid calling as I'm not able to call while I'm at work, but I'll give them a call on the weekend.
I would highly suggest a weekday morning. Weekend/Night staff in general donot have access to the same resources as the morning ones, and I have experienced this with PayPal. Called on Sat night, near closing time, my case was closed on a flimsy reason. Called back on Monday morning, and it got reopened & resolved
Penalty Box
Sep 20, 2019
279 posts
434 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Actually $100 of cat toys...I love my cats :)
Like I said, a couple bucks.

Most of us where I work spend double that on food daily.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4124 posts
1765 upvotes
Vancouver
MauriceLaFlamme wrote: Like I said, a couple bucks.

Most of us where I work spend double that on food daily.
Congrats mister high roller for spending $200 on food daily? BTW - a couple by definition is TWO ;)

Anyways, update - I sent Paypal support a message on twitter and they replied and admitted that it shouldn't have taken that long, and they had the case resolved (in my favour).
Penalty Box
Sep 20, 2019
279 posts
434 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Congrats mister high roller for spending $200 on food daily? BTW - a couple by definition is TWO ;)

Anyways, update - I sent Paypal support a message on twitter and they replied and admitted that it shouldn't have taken that long, and they had the case resolved (in my favour).
See. Told you not to worry.

Now go use that $100 and treat yourself and your cats to a nice meal!

Edit: Yeah... "couple" = 2... 2 bills on food. Bill = $100 @notenoughsleep