[OP]
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1343 posts
197 upvotes
Thornhill

Paypal Purchase from Remote User

Hi All!
I was on an online forum chatting with a group of people in searching for a special edition of Playstation 4 from the US.
In the past 1-2 weeks we kinda used that as our communication channel; and despite the chance of restocking; I managed to help few users to get the console but missed out myself.

A week has past and a user contacted me saying he managed to allocate a second unit and is willing to ship / sell it to me with the MSRP pricing as I helped other.
He said he can do an invoice through PayPal as long as I an pay for the added shipping too.

So my question is as follow:
1) Since it is not through an online store or Ebay, is this even advisable?
I looked up online and it seems like people buy sneakers with this PayPal payment method is very common?

2) Would I be covered under the PayPal purchaser protection?

3) If question 2 is true, what sort of procedure do I have to follow in order for me to be covered?

Thank you
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2727 posts
1449 upvotes
London
just make sure u pay as goods and services and not as friends and family as that option has no buyer protection. also if u can use a credit card and the funding source so u have a back up way to dispute.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 27, 2008
1343 posts
197 upvotes
Thornhill
aaron158 wrote: just make sure u pay as goods and services and not as friends and family as that option has no buyer protection. also if u can use a credit card and the funding source so u have a back up way to dispute.
Eh? I thought there was another response here before too?

Well the Paypal account I have now is linked to a CC, but it is not linked to my bank account.
When I watch video online, people said you need to ask the seller to list everything in the description and that should be it?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2727 posts
1449 upvotes
London
pretty much just list as PlayStation 4 plus shipping or something like that.
Banned
Oct 16, 2008
1010 posts
629 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: just make sure u pay as goods and services and not as friends and family as that option has no buyer protection. also if u can use a credit card and the funding source so u have a back up way to dispute.

it's a 2 way street....small forum....someone is going out of their way to kelp you....do you accept the gesture or not
you feel there may be to use some caution..whether gesture is valid or not
paypal for goods and services....someone who is trying to do you a favour has to pay 10% of the declared value to paypal and 10% of the shipping cost to paypal..just how paypal works under this scenario
so if you offend the person trying to do you a favour by asking them to state it's for goods and services..you lose out on a system..you'll have pissed off that person
which is your choice
to trust or not to trust