Shopping Discussion

PayPal refusing to refund me seller fees after someone tried scamming me with a hacked eBay account??

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 3:38 am
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1115 posts
529 upvotes
cursayer wrote: I did! When the buyer opened the case, one of the options was "Issue a full refund" or something like that. I chose that, but the money never went back to the seller.
Is that option on ebay? I think you have to go to paypal and click "issue refund" like the previous user said. And I always thought if you issue a refund on paypal, the money will be deducted immediately, and you wouldn't be oweing any fee.

Did you try calling paypal customer service? Agents on the phone is usually more helpful
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1961 posts
4545 upvotes
jjesskaka wrote: Is that option on ebay? I think you have to go to paypal and click "issue refund" like the previous user said. And I always thought if you issue a refund on paypal, the money will be deducted immediately, and you wouldn't be oweing any fee.

Did you try calling paypal customer service? Agents on the phone is usually more helpful
That's what I thought too.

I can't seem to find a customer service number for PayPal Canada, almost every link is redirecting to their useless chat.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3910 posts
2636 upvotes
London
cursayer wrote: That's what I thought too.

I can't seem to find a customer service number for PayPal Canada, almost every link is redirecting to their useless chat.
there phone support has been down since covid started. funny thing to even if u call the number they make it sound like u will just have longer hold times they dont tell u till u waste 5 mins trying to get though the automated voice systems to tell u the call centre is closed.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
14352 posts
3588 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
cursayer wrote: I am in contact with Paypal support via their live chat. They already refunded the chargeback fee, but refuse to refund the seller fees which makes no sense.
Yeah, they implemented this policy some time last year. Louis Rossman did a couple of videos about it. I guess it doesn't matter why you had to issue the refund.