• Apr 28th, 2020 3:09 am
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
174 posts
131 upvotes
GTA

PayPal is the worst

Let me start off by saying that I understand businesses are struggling to work around restrictions from COVID-19 however, the actions and follow-through from PayPal are pretty horrendous.

My small business accepts Paypal and most of my payments come through there. I recently switched banks and can't update it on my Paypal, therefore, I can't get paid. My money is just sitting in my account. It's been like this for over a month now.

I couldn't find a customer service number on the PayPal site, and when I found a number on google, after going through all the menu options when calling in, I was informed that their phone lines are closed. Their "email us" function on their website just generate automated messages from customer service reps without them actually reading the initial message I send. I've been going at this for a month now and the few times I've had someone read my messages, they tell me to call in to resolve it but they also let me know the phone services are down...

I am not able to access my money at all and for the time being, I can not change my payment options for my business. How is it acceptable for customers to not be able to access their funds for over a month?

I use to speak so highly of PayPal but will definitely not be using them once things go "back to normal".
13 replies
Mar 22, 2020
43 posts
44 upvotes
Blue Mountains, Onta…
It might be worthwhile to use this opportunity to look at other payment processors. Paypal is ever increasingly anti-merchant
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
174 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
EloiP58720 wrote: It might be worthwhile to use this opportunity to look at other payment processors. Paypal is ever increasingly anti-merchant
100% will be doing this. It's honestly incredible to not have any access to my funds and to be provided with no real alternatives on how to resolve this
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2628 posts
1364 upvotes
London
paypal and ebay both closed there call centre. and its funny they don't just tell u that right off the bat when u call they just make it sound like the hold time will be longer then normal. they wait till just before the last option that transfers u to a person to tell u there is no one to transfer u to.

u can try contacting them though facebook direct message someone will reply there who knows how long it will take though.
Last edited by aaron158 on Apr 20th, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
235 upvotes
Montreal
yep agreed for PayPal!
Whenever I can avoid them, I will try hard to avoid them.

I'm been super happy with Stripe, worth a look
I'm a customer at Public Mobile and VoIP.ms!
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
13026 posts
2301 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
As Louis Rossman ranted about in a couple of his videos, PayPal is dying, so they're grabbing everything they can, while they can. Get out before you're left holding an empty bag :) .
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
174 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
danmartin471 wrote: yep agreed for PayPal!
Whenever I can avoid them, I will try hard to avoid them.

I'm been super happy with Stripe, worth a look
Will be looking into this option! Thanks!
[OP]
Feb 3, 2019
174 posts
131 upvotes
GTA
aaron158 wrote: paypal and ebay both closed there call centre. and its funny they don't just tell u that right off the bat when u call they just make it sound like the hold time will be longer then normal. they wait till just before the last option that transfers u to a person to tell u there is no one to transfer u to.
I know! I found that extremely frustrating to go through a menu of options only to be told that the lines are closed.
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
25420 posts
4523 upvotes
Yep, PayPal is terrible. I used to buy and sell a lot on eBay but mostly avoid it now. Never had a problem with eBay but did have a huge problem with PayPal. So now I just avoid both and have been for close to 10 years now.

I will still pay using PayPal if it's a small amount, but I won't use PayPal for large amounts and never receive money through PayPal anymore. I also tend to avoid businesses that only accept PayPal, unless what I'm buying is inexpensive.
Oct 15, 2012
352 posts
368 upvotes
Sudbury
I made a purchase March 09, 2020 online from a website that was supported by Paypal payment system; a week later and Paypal still shows "pending" transaction; I researched online merchant further to discover a potentially fraudulent seller; I notify Paypal (attempted to cancel order March 19, 2020) of the details and Paypal indicates they cannot cancel transaction for 30 days- they say to try and cancel order with seller--no luck -tried. Discover on (Paypal) March 26 that transaction has been completed-- Attempted to contact seller again through Paypal's sellers id with no success to date. Order allegedly shipped but no tracking information and have never received any contact from merchant since purchase on March 09. Nothing arrived so far. Now what?

Paypal Communication March 20,2020:

Good day. Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Drew, and I would be glad to assist you with your inquiry.

I checked the transaction that you want to be cancelled and I found out that it was an authorization. Since it was an authorization, we cannot cancel it unless 30 days had already passed. If you really want to cancel it, I highly suggest that you contact the seller to cancel it.

When you bought your item, you authorized a PayPal payment to the merchant. You can’t cancel this authorization, but the merchant might be able to cancel it for you.

If your payment’s status is “Pending” in your transaction history, contact the merchant and ask them to cancel the authorization.

If the merchant has already accepted your payment and the payment’s status is “Complete,” it can’t be canceled.

If you want to contact the merchant to work out a refund, here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
3. Find and click the transaction to be brought to the details.

The seller's customer service details can be found under "Business Contact Information" near the bottom of the page.

Did you know that you can also contact us through live chat?

Here's how to contact us via live chat.

1. Log in to your Paypal Account
2. Click on the Help Tab
3. On the Help Center Page, choose Visit the Message Center
4. Select an issue

Here is a link also for your reference, www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us and select an issue.

It is my pleasure to assist a valued customer like you. Your satisfaction means everything to us, have a great day ahead.

(My information to Paypal after response "Hello Drew,

I have tried numerous times to contact seller through their online system--no response. Although they mention to contact them by phone, they provide no phone number on their website. This merchant has all the earmarks of a fraudulent seller. Their email on Paypal website transaction information indicates kjmxue@hotlmail.club yet my Paypal email from March 09, 2020 indicates payment made to "pingshimentuo6@163.com" ---why is there this difference? Please help to prevent a potential fraudulent transaction.

Another troubling concern is they don't use "ssl" security encryption for their transactions-- unacceptable by today's standards and dangerous for buyers.

An online review site indicates this;

"Isyaronline is a fraudulent website due to the following reasons:-

# Isyaronline hasn’t provided its company’s address or contact phone number anywhere on its website. The one and only contact information that it has provided is the email address ” CS.CHOOGOGO@GMAIL.COM “. However, this email address ( cs.choogogo@gmail.com ) is found to be used by multiple scam sites such as OvsianMall, DazzoraMarket, Tebpsyonline, Codusshop, JiksawOnline, BssteorOnline, HelbdOnline and so on. Previously, similar sites used to have @vinayotap.com email addresses such as service1@vinayotap.com, service2@vinayotap.com, service3@vinayotap.com and so on but now they have changed their email address to “cs.choogogo@gmail.com“. So, they may change their email address again in the future. Anyway, now it is clear that Isyaronline is operated by the serial cybercriminal who has multiple similar kinds of scam sites.

# Like lots of scam sites, the website Isyaronline has also poorly designed which looks similar to lots of scam sites. For example; its website theme is very untidy; lots of details provided on the Isyaronline website match with lots of scam sites; Isyaronline hasn’t secured its website properly with security services like McAfee or Norton and so on. Since the Isyaronline website is not secured properly, so if you shop at this site, your personal and financial information might be stolen.

Hope you can help further.

Thank you,"

Sorry about the length; it seems Paypal is not very concerned about my ordeal at this stage. :(
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2628 posts
1364 upvotes
London
open an item not received case since the seller wont have a valid tracking number the case will get found in your favor be prepared though for it take up to a month there giving sellers twice the amount of time now to reply to cases.
Jan 8, 2015
819 posts
514 upvotes
rabbit wrote: As Louis Rossman ranted about in a couple of his videos, PayPal is dying, so they're grabbing everything they can, while they can. Get out before you're left holding an empty bag :) .
Thanks for bringing awareness to this! Time to move away from paypal as a buyer.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
7957 posts
4578 upvotes
Alberta
rabbit wrote: As Louis Rossman ranted about in a couple of his videos, PayPal is dying, so they're grabbing everything they can, while they can. Get out before you're left holding an empty bag :) .
x2. I made a small purchase on eBay last month at it said pending payment for a week. Finally went through and I never received any email that the payment went to the seller. Deleted my credit cards off their website. Don't think I'll be using them again.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6151 posts
3104 upvotes
Vancouver
Have you tried contacting them on twitter? When I had an issue last time, I sent them a message through twitter and I got a reply within 24 hours.

https://twitter.com/PayPal
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal. For help, tweet us at
@AskPayPal