Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
PayTM

Bonus Points April -Free AirPods - Free CC Bill Payments + 1000pt Signup Bonus (AirPods ON Only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 14th, 2020 9:11 am
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
20055 posts
9836 upvotes
Toronto
tcelling wrote: Can I ask how? I seem to be drastically limited in the amount of points they let me earn. I spend... well... too much. If I actually earned 1 pt/$ I could make these numbers but the reality is I end up with a tiny fraction of the points. Once I hit 1000 for the month it seems like thats it. How'd you get them to open it up more?
1000 points per month property taxes
1000 points per month paying credit cards
500 points per month depositing money to my TD Waterhouse Account
~500 points per month in utilities
~250 points per month in cell phone/Internet
~1500 points per month bonus for paying > 5 bills

~5k points per month was what I was accumulating.

Although now that the points are effectively worthless, I don't use it for anything other than paying utilities and property taxes i otherwise could not with a master card.
Realtor (Investment Properties) - CPA, CA
Feb 16, 2011
289 posts
145 upvotes
Yes points are effectively worthless. Only benefit remaining is the abity to convert utility bills to payments via MasterCard - for those that do not allow the use of credit card.
Mar 9, 2014
660 posts
667 upvotes
Ottawa
ricedion wrote: I verified my mailing address on July 10 to an email from a rep, and finally received the speaker today (July 27)
I just received mine too on July 27. It was a bit slow, but can't complain since I only paid the tax.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6609 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
huntclub wrote: I just received mine too on July 27. It was a bit slow, but can't complain since I only paid the tax.
Yup. can't complain. The sono speaker is actually amazing. better sound quality than my Beats pill.
I guess we luck out, and got our speaker just in time. Now Sono is gone, even the Beat headphone is gone. Electronic section is now completely removed
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3151 upvotes
So why can't I see AirPods? I can only see Apple Watch. Did they switch the deal?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
elfion wrote: So why can't I see AirPods? I can only see Apple Watch. Did they switch the deal?
They removed it a couple of months back. Last month they removed the beats earphones ans aonos bluetooth player. Only thing left is apple watch now.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3151 upvotes
Rogues2017 wrote: They removed it a couple of months back. Last month they removed the beats earphones ans aonos bluetooth player. Only thing left is apple watch now.
I see. out of all those things I can only find AirPods useful. everything - I would never use or I can find a cheaper better equivalent. I dont think I can save 100K points anytime soon so I hope they will bring back some cheaper items.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2016
1499 posts
2036 upvotes
Carp
elfion wrote: I see. out of all those things I can only find AirPods useful. everything - I would never use or I can find a cheaper better equivalent. I dont think I can save 100K points anytime soon so I hope they will bring back some cheaper items.
And by the time you earn 100k points, they'll remove it and add something even more expensive :)

I've stopped using PayTM because when I'm going for an item they end up removing it before I can get to the new points threshold.

There's no longer any benefit for me until they change their points system to let me choose how many points I can use towards a discount on a gift card. Like c'mon, 500 pts to get $1 off a gift card? What a joke. Let me use 5000 pts to get maybe $12 off, or 10000 pts for say $25 off... Or 7351 points for $17.82 off a gift card.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3151 upvotes
Howitzer1 wrote: And by the time you earn 100k points, they'll remove it and add something even more expensive :)

I've stopped using PayTM because when I'm going for an item they end up removing it before I can get to the new points threshold.

There's no longer any benefit for me until they change their points system to let me choose how many points I can use towards a discount on a gift card. Like c'mon, 500 pts to get $1 off a gift card? What a joke. Let me use 5000 pts to get maybe $12 off, or 10000 pts for say $25 off... Or 7351 points for $17.82 off a gift card.
for me it makes sense. I am making about 25 bucks per month in credit card cashback alone. points are just a nice to have. but yeah, I would be surprised if I am actually able to redeem them.
Feb 16, 2011
289 posts
145 upvotes
elfion wrote: for me it makes sense. I am making about 25 bucks per month in credit card cashback alone. points are just a nice to have. but yeah, I would be surprised if I am actually able to redeem them.
Its only a matter of time when they stop the ability to pay utility bills via cash back credit cards. The business model does not make sense i.e there is no way they are making money on this product. The float that they get is just not enough. In fact their processing times have actually improved recently so that is even greater pressure on their profitability. It only a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3151 upvotes
vudeshie wrote: Its only a matter of time when they stop the ability to pay utility bills via cash back credit cards. The business model does not make sense i.e there is no way they are making money on this product. The float that they get is just not enough. In fact their processing times have actually improved recently so that is even greater pressure on their profitability. It only a matter of time. Enjoy it while it lasts.
unfortunately you are probably right, it's not sustainable
Deal Addict
May 7, 2006
2372 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
Is anyone else having a problem paying life insurance premiums with their paytm?
I'm trying to pay mine but the pay button is greyed out.

I entered my policy number as the account number.

I clicked the website's contact us button but the phone number listed doesn't work.

Thanks.
May 2, 2015
140 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Looks like they just devalued all points by 10x ($25 tim's gift card is now 25k points). See you paytm.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
Yup they devaluated points. Earlier 20k points = 199$ qorth sonos player. Now 20k points is 20$. No brainer to stop using paytm now.
Mar 17, 2005
538 posts
238 upvotes
Rogues2017 wrote: Yup they devaluated points. Earlier 20k points = 199$ qorth sonos player. Now 20k points is 20$. No brainer to stop using paytm now.
Why? The main purpose of using paytm is to get cash rebate from using CC to pay bills, which could not be paid by cc economically otherwise. The paytm points is just to make the cash rebate deal sweeter. We all know 1% return from paytm points is not sustainable. IMO, such return is to reward those early adopters (I am not one of them though), who put some faith in paytm, and at the same time lure us to join paytm. Paytm has a global view of the points everyone earns and could precisely cut the reward before any major loss could happen. But anyway, 0.1% is still sweet sugar, although much less amount than 1%. The day to stop using paytm should be when additional fee is charged for cc payment and the net return becomes less than that could be gained from CT card. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
shimh wrote: Why? The main purpose of using paytm is to get cash rebate from using CC to pay bills, which could not be paid by cc economically otherwise. The paytm points is just to make the cash rebate deal sweeter. We all know 1% return from paytm points is not sustainable. IMO, such return is to reward those early adopters (I am not one of them though), who put some faith in paytm, and at the same time lure us to join paytm. Paytm has a global view of the points everyone earns and could precisely cut the reward before any major loss could happen. But anyway, 0.1% is still sweet sugar, although much less amount than 1%. The day to stop using paytm should be when additional fee is charged for cc payment and the net return becomes less than that could be gained from CT card. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
You also get bonus points for paying 3-5 bills (1,500 in total) in a month so it's not a strict 0.1% return.

This new system is better for me, even with the devaluation. Now we can at least use points to get the entire amount of the giftcard instead of using 150 points tp get 5% off or whatever it was.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2017
1452 posts
888 upvotes
Now they have removed the max 1000 points for smart deposit starting this month. Its only beneficial for those who have more than 1000$ of utilities and taxes to pay per month that can be paid by credit card to get 1% extra. Rewards are dwindling. No point continuing with them.
Nov 17, 2018
93 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Their rewards section is pretty useless now - just a handful of gift cards and even for these, you have to spend some $ to redeem some points.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)