• Oct 26th, 2019 8:27 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2014
3069 posts
3030 upvotes
Oakville, ON

PayTm experience ?

Is Paytm reliable ? Can I do pre authorized debits on day of my choosing monthly and then use that towards Paytm cash instead of a bill towards gift cards ? Secure ? What’s your experience ?
19 replies
Nov 7, 2015
212 posts
73 upvotes
Personally been using PayTM for over a year now and find it reliable. They recently took away the ability to pay property tax without any fees which really defeats the appeal of PayTM but its nonetheless another way of double dipping on points. Your CC points + Paytm Points. Return is not that great overall but it's better than nothing. U can use your points for Gift Cards or Paytm Cash and it's pretty straight forward and quick
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4712 posts
905 upvotes
rural ontario
pureelite1 wrote: Personally been using PayTM for over a year now and find it reliable. They recently took away the ability to pay property tax without any fees which really defeats the appeal of PayTM but its nonetheless another way of double dipping on points. Your CC points + Paytm Points. Return is not that great overall but it's better than nothing. U can use your points for Gift Cards or Paytm Cash and it's pretty straight forward and quick
Whut? I've been using the app for over a year to pay my PPT - where did the notice appear?
May 8, 2001
739 posts
1053 upvotes
Didn't notice that either. Did a dummy payment on my property tax and seems to be a 1.75% convenience fee. Guess I won't be using Paytm for that anymore as it's more than my credit card reward.
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
13900 posts
4457 upvotes
RFD
pureelite1 wrote: Personally been using PayTM for over a year now and find it reliable. They recently took away the ability to pay property tax without any fees which really defeats the appeal of PayTM but its nonetheless another way of double dipping on points. Your CC points + Paytm Points. Return is not that great overall but it's better than nothing. U can use your points for Gift Cards or Paytm Cash and it's pretty straight forward and quick
I just paid my Property Taxes a week ago and I swear I didn't see any added on fees. But I'm using a Mastercard which I heard has no fees, if use another card such as Amex you will incur fees. Or maybe this Convenience Fee was just recently added which would make me stop using PayTm.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
4712 posts
905 upvotes
rural ontario
Thats too bad, I made my last property tax payment early August. I guess I'll just delete the app now - if I'm linking it to my bank account to avoid fees then I may as well as just pay it directly from my bank.
Dec 3, 2010
114 posts
59 upvotes
Bye bye PayTM

Hi there,

Starting November 1st, 2019, Paytm customers will be charged a 1.75% Credit Card convenience fee and 1.25% Debit Card convenience fee on every bill payment for all categories.

It's important to note that if you have an upcoming bill payment scheduled for November 1st and onwards, you will be charged a convenience fee if you are paying with a credit card and/or debit card.

You will not be charged a convenience fee when you make a bill payment using either your bank account or Paytm Cash, or when you purchase an e-gift card using a credit card or debit card. American Express credit card convenience fees will remain at 3%.

At Paytm, we believe that a solid relationship is built on honesty and trust, and we pride ourselves on being transparent with our customers. We do not make money from your bill payments - and will not from these new convenience fees either.

For more information regarding this change, please check out our latest post. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reply back directly to this email.

Might just use Plastiq using Paypower MC from now on? (purchased with Amex Cobalt)
Oct 7, 2009
724 posts
401 upvotes
Toronto
I am done with PayTM now.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2615 posts
1074 upvotes
Quebec
yup PayTM is over for me too
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1717 posts
306 upvotes
Winnipeg
Back to Canadian Tire MC for bill payments now
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28642 posts
1310 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
bryan35 wrote: Back to Canadian Tire MC for bill payments now
can any of the CTMC's work, or it has to be an advantage one? I have triangle we.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1292 posts
444 upvotes
Same here...

Starting November 1st, 2019, Paytm customers will be charged a 1.75% Credit Card convenience fee and 1.25% Debit Card convenience fee on every bill payment for all categories.

There was an RFD post about it but it can no longer be found... weird.
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1717 posts
306 upvotes
Winnipeg
bubble.tea wrote: can any of the CTMC's work, or it has to be an advantage one? I have triangle we.
I have the options card. Log into the account and see if it has pay bills option....
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3306 posts
777 upvotes
Vancouver
bubble.tea wrote: can any of the CTMC's work, or it has to be an advantage one? I have triangle we.
I have added my paytm billers to the Triangle WE card via the bill payments.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2004
1235 posts
404 upvotes
I'm going to be a dissenting voice here, I think.

I've been using PayTM for about 2 or 3 months. I do not pay my bills on my credit card, I pay directly from my chequing account. I'm basically paying my utilities, mobile phones, 407 and credit card. In a short time, I've earned $20 in Starbucks cards for simply paying bills through this app instead of my banking app.

Seems like it's a good program to me.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28642 posts
1310 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Password wrote: I'm going to be a dissenting voice here, I think.
.... I pay directly from my chequing account. ....
Certainly that remains an advantage. It is still just annoying to lose the 1.75% or 2% or whatever you've been able to get by stacking your CC in the mix.
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $4632 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Lowa, Taft*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
2056 posts
557 upvotes
Woodbridge
Payed 2 years of property taxes with Paytm since January of 2018 (had to call city of vaughan) to change my payment plan and the other bills.
I made last year just through my credit card program almost 18,000 points from paytm (almost $9000 in bills payed through paytm) which amounts to $180 in travel money from my capital one points.
It will be sad to let this go, ah well, it had a good run.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
7056 posts
1211 upvotes
Ottawa
If we submit a payment on oct 31st, are we safe or must it all process before the 1st?