• Mar 4th, 2018 2:39 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2232 posts
2217 upvotes

PayTM new $20 referral bonus

Just got an email from PayTM (it does not seem to be targeted):

Thanks for choosing Paytm for your bill payments, it's time to spread the word.
You'll earn $20 when your friend signs-up, with your referral code, and successfully completes a bill payment of at least $50. Your friend will also receive $10. Offer ends on March 9, 2018.
If you only see a $10 referral bonus in your Paytm account, don't worry. We’ll deposit the additional $10 on March 13, 2018.

Questions? Email us at care@paytm.ca.
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
5586 posts
632 upvotes
Just got this email today as well and was about to post it, but you beat me to it!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1066 posts
456 upvotes
Also on their blog today:

By Aditya Mhatre February 27, 2018
For customers who are paying just one bill with Paytm, let’s take our relationship to the next level.

Receive 10% cashback when you make a bill payment to any different company (max $20). Enter promo code: 2ndBill.

Hurry, offer ends on March 9, 2018.

source: https://www.paytm.ca/blog/10-cashback-2nd-bill-payment/
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1984 posts
1736 upvotes
Anyone else find you've gotten a huge influx of telemarketing calls (and CRA scam calls) after signing up for PayTM?
Dec 29, 2005
478 posts
148 upvotes
Lets see how long this thread will last before getting closed due to referrals
???????? ???????
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
8668 posts
2366 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote: Anyone else find you've gotten a huge influx of telemarketing calls (and CRA scam calls) after signing up for PayTM?
put my data only number in that is never answered, but its gotten more calls since. No way to know fore sure if its related
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35645 posts
21732 upvotes
Center of Universe
How is this s hot deal, when it's purely through referrals?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1984 posts
1736 upvotes
zoro69 wrote: put my data only number in that is never answered, but its gotten more calls since. No way to know fore sure if its related
That is what I thought too but found it weird I went from 1 or 2 calls a year to 1 or 2 a day within a few days of signing up.
Deleted my account and signed up with a throwaway number - sure enough the same thing happened.

Enough proof for me to ditch it but wondering about everyone else's experiences
Temp. Banned
Jan 25, 2018
216 posts
135 upvotes
aviator_13 wrote: That is what I thought too but found it weird I went from 1 or 2 calls a year to 1 or 2 a day within a few days of signing up.
Deleted my account and signed up with a throwaway number - sure enough the same thing happened.

Enough proof for me to ditch it but wondering about everyone else's experiences

Tons of calls seeming to originate from wayyy overseas.

I just get ignorant and tell them I’m too busy to talk I’m slaughtering cows in my living room.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2009
1984 posts
1736 upvotes
GodsDeal wrote: Tons of calls seeming to originate from wayyy overseas.

I just get ignorant and tell them I’m too busy to talk I’m slaughtering cows in my living room.
Can't lie, I have had some fun with the callers from duct cleaning, CRA scams, and etc.. but at some point answering the phone a few extra times a day negates any cashback savings I'm getting via PayTM
Jan 24, 2007
847 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
aviator_13 wrote: Can't lie, I have had some fun with the callers from duct cleaning, CRA scams, and etc.. but at some point answering the phone a few extra times a day negates any cashback savings I'm getting via PayTM
No telemarketing or scam call since sign up. Did that bank in Nov. Never, I know someone who doesnt even shop online or has any online account and he has been getting the CRA scam calls almost once everyday.
Jul 24, 2017
201 posts
56 upvotes
You'll earn $20 when your friend signs-up, with your referral code, and successfully completes a bill payment of at least $50. Your friend will also receive $10. Offer ends on March 9, 2018.

Basically, PayTM is an app (iOS and Android) that allows you to pay bills with a CC (MasterCars is free, others have fee) that you couldn't normally pay with a CC (utilities, taxes, insurances, electricity, etc.). So you get your points on your CC + the 10$ bonus for a 50$+ payment.

The transaction appears on your CC statement like a normal operation.
*For more information on PayTM, see this thread, it has been discussed in depth : paytm-2-cashback-promo-codes-various-bi ... t-2163891/

*mod edit*

Offering and requesting referrals is against our rules.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 28th, 2018 8:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: added referral note
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1814 posts
1825 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Received the same email. They've bumped up the referral bonus to $20 for a limited time.

Paytm is a decent way to earn some credit card rewards for paying everyday bills. Best part is that there is no fee for using your Mastercard to make the payments.

Easy way to meet the minimum spend requirement for credit card sign-up bonuses too.
Jan 12, 2017
651 posts
34 upvotes
Just received the email this morning.. Been using Paytm for 2 months. Gotta say, interface is simple, set up all of my bills including my property tax annual, and am surprised how my credit bux add up. Registered to my Tangerine MC, and voila, bonus bucks on that too. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Last edited by ionian on Feb 28th, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 8, 2010
634 posts
262 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
It's too bad they charge fee for AMEX now. Most MC still work though. Plastiq needs to step up their promo. I use both of them, but recenctly Plastiq only.
Jul 24, 2017
201 posts
56 upvotes
ionian wrote: Just received the email this morning.. Been using Paytm for 2 months. Gotta say, interface is simple, set up all of my bills including my property tax annual, and am surprised how my credit bux add up. Registered to my Tangerine MC, and voila, bonus bucks on that do. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Yes, very well developed app and straight forward!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2232 posts
2217 upvotes
Thanks OP but repost. This referral deal was posted here yesterday and mods quickly moved it to Personal Finances discussion forum, deeming that referral deals do not belong to Hot Deals forum.
paytm-paytm-new-20-referral-bonus-2174519/

Mods, please merge or delete.
Last edited by ahoroba on Feb 28th, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 18, 2017
31 posts
14 upvotes
I just started using this app and it's great. At least in the Ottawa area, it let me pay most of my non-credit card bills (Ottawa Hydro, Ottawa property taxes, Ottawa water & Sewer, Enbridge). Pair this with 2% cash back MC and it's a nice yearly savings.
Aug 21, 2016
285 posts
106 upvotes
Been using it for about a year now, very good and reliable. This referral offer is great. Hopefully they stick around for a while.