• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2016 5:34 pm
[OP]
Dec 18, 2015
22 posts
42 upvotes
Edmonton, AB

[PC-Canada.com] HP Chromebook 13 - $753.99

The best chromebook out there now is on sale. I could not find it in any store in Canada online or in store until I stumbled upon pc-canada.com. I had been looking for sometime to get my hands on this beauty!

I just got the one with m3 processor.

http://www.pc-canada.com/p/go/go.asp?Se ... 2%2C394396

Here's a review of the chromebook

https://youtu.be/h9d2Z1MPUzE
20 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3074 posts
1949 upvotes
Montreal
One of the better looking chromebook out there.. but wouldn't pay that much for a chromebook..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7625 posts
5135 upvotes
Canada
$750 for a chromebook? really?
You can get a proper Windows ultrabook for that much money
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14649 posts
4765 upvotes
Montreal
daviiiiiid wrote: but wouldn't pay that much for a chromebook..
that's a crazy high price for a limited-usage chromebook.

don't get me wrong, I have a chromebook for school, but that one was $169. :lol:
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Banned
Apr 11, 2012
870 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
The hardware is pretty good. Would it be worth it if one can install Windows 10 on it?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2734 posts
1078 upvotes
Ottawa
lol..for $700 you could get a pretty damn good laptop..probably a 13inch one.

I hope you are going to put Win10 or at least Linux on it to turn it into a "real" computer. Ubuntu on my Chromebook boots in 5-7 seconds.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14649 posts
4765 upvotes
Montreal
netusername wrote: The hardware is pretty good.
but you don't need high-end, expensive hardware to run chrome, that's its entire selling point. I have a lenovo n21 with a dc celeron and 4GB of ram and it boots fast, runs like the wind and I can load as many windows as I want.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1140 posts
1489 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
kek... Chromebook $753 = good deal...
Nov 29, 2007
138 posts
216 upvotes
Like buying a $20,000 moped. Yes, it'll be the best moped, but the price point is missing the point of getting a moped in the first place.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54640 posts
19440 upvotes
vinudom wrote: The best chromebook out there now is on sale. I could not find it in any store in Canada online or in store until I stumbled upon pc-canada.com. I had been looking for sometime to get my hands on this beauty!

I just got the one with m3 processor.

http://www.pc-canada.com/p/go/go.asp?Se ... 2%2C394396

Here's a review of the chromebook

https://youtu.be/h9d2Z1MPUzE
Try s h o p bot.ca next time.

Will this get Android apps?
[OP]
Dec 18, 2015
22 posts
42 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Yes.. It will get access to google play store app later this year
Apr 22, 2007
137 posts
30 upvotes
London
I don't see backlit keyboard on this. I think I would prefer the Dell chromebook 13. It also has IPS screen, up to 8gb ram, touch screen optional, carbon fiber and aluminium case. Might be more expensive but I really need the backlit keyboard.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54640 posts
19440 upvotes
gekko_gordon wrote: I don't see backlit keyboard on this. I think I would prefer the Dell chromebook 13. It also has IPS screen, up to 8gb ram, touch screen optional, carbon fiber and aluminium case. Might be more expensive but I really need the backlit keyboard.
But it's priced almost like a Pixel Chromebook 2015. It's $800 USD or something like that on dell.com (search function is horrendous) and I didn't even see touch screen.

Probably best to wait until Android comes on board, then new products are going come out.

Not sure if the Acer business chromebook will meet my touch screen, 4 GB, FHD requirements.
Apr 22, 2007
137 posts
30 upvotes
London
alanbrenton wrote: But it's priced almost like a Pixel Chromebook 2015. It's $800 USD or something like that on dell.com (search function is horrendous) and I didn't even see touch screen.

Probably best to wait until Android comes on board, then new products are going come out.

Not sure if the Acer business chromebook will meet my touch screen, 4 GB, FHD requirements.

I found this link last year before the launch but I am not sure if they really came out with it. I know it is more expensive but it is better than most chromebooks. I have an older HP chromebook 14 and I don't like the poor quality screen and it doesn't have backlit keyboard. I runs without any problems (4GB ram) and a 256 gb SSD. My wife keeps taking my chromebook even though she has a laptop of her own that she just bought new, so I bought a chromebook for her since all she does is browser based things (netflix, internet, email). Other than browse and email, I do a bit of photoshop on my chromebook using pixlr.com. It may not be fore everybody but works very well for me.

http://www.omgchrome.com/dell-chromeboo ... se-date-2/
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
54640 posts
19440 upvotes
gekko_gordon wrote: I found this link last year before the launch but I am not sure if they really came out with it. I know it is more expensive but it is better than most chromebooks. I have an older HP chromebook 14 and I don't like the poor quality screen and it doesn't have backlit keyboard. I runs without any problems (4GB ram) and a 256 gb SSD. My wife keeps taking my chromebook even though she has a laptop of her own that she just bought new, so I bought a chromebook for her since all she does is browser based things (netflix, internet, email). Other than browse and email, I do a bit of photoshop on my chromebook using pixlr.com. It may not be fore everybody but works very well for me.

http://www.omgchrome.com/dell-chromeboo ... se-date-2/
Without a touch screen, how easy can you perform 1) drag and copy and 2) drag and drop? I returned an Acer 720 to Acer Recertified on ebay.com because sometimes, the browser tab doesn't have touch functionality. With Android apps coming on board, I only care about a few productivity apps that won't work on Ami DUOS, I feel touch would be a good feature to have.

SSD is for storing photos and movies?
Apr 22, 2007
137 posts
30 upvotes
London
alanbrenton wrote: Without a touch screen, how easy can you perform 1) drag and copy and 2) drag and drop? I returned an Acer 720 to Acer Recertified on ebay.com because sometimes, the browser tab doesn't have touch functionality. With Android apps coming on board, I only care about a few productivity apps that won't work on Ami DUOS, I feel touch would be a good feature to have.

SSD is for storing photos and movies?

Copy/paste is very easy like macs. Tap with 2 finger to right click, 2 fingers to scroll up and down, 3 finger tap to open link in a new tab. Dragging is like any other drag and drop. SSD is for multimedia storage. I take a bunch of pictures with my camera. Mighty Text is very useful for texting without pulling out my phone.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3919 posts
1419 upvotes
Montreal
gekko_gordon wrote: Copy/paste is very easy like macs. Tap with 2 finger to right click, 2 fingers to scroll up and down, 3 finger tap to open link in a new tab. Dragging is like any other drag and drop. SSD is for multimedia storage. I take a bunch of pictures with my camera. Mighty Text is very useful for texting without pulling out my phone.
I'm afraid I'd be using my middle finger too often ;)
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2734 posts
1078 upvotes
Ottawa
gekko_gordon wrote: I don't see backlit keyboard on this. I think I would prefer the Dell chromebook 13. It also has IPS screen, up to 8gb ram, touch screen optional, carbon fiber and aluminium case. Might be more expensive but I really need the backlit keyboard.
Why don't u get the Toshiba Chromebook 2. They have 13 inch, backlit and you can get i3 in it.