Expired Hot Deals

[PC Chef] PC Chef Meal Kits BOGO Free

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2020 11:53 am
33 replies
Sr. Member
May 18, 2007
807 posts
1408 upvotes
Toronto
Not a bad deal. Note that there's a $5 added fee for delivery... $10 if you also want it in a cooler (w/ ice pack).

Was hoping I could choose the delivery day, but nope... and it gets delivered anytime from 8am to 6pm.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 30, 2008
2572 posts
1699 upvotes
GTA
Good deal for some cheap meal kits but I found these kits to be lacking the complexity that I find from Goodfood. These meals are things I would think to cook whereas Goodfood combines spices, with interesting ingredients, prepared in different ways.

With that said, use this deal to try them for yourself.
Please don’t confuse my kindness for weakness.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2997 posts
3269 upvotes
realdeal33 wrote: Received this in my email. Use code BOGOKIT at checkout for all PC Chef Meal Kits from President's Choice.

PC Meal Kit.png
you know, it is very interesting how they do the coupons...

While I am subscribed to get newsletter, sometimes I get coupons, sometimes I don't.. I think for regular pcchef subs, we need to start some discussion thread to share coupon codes or something.
Newbie
Apr 8, 2014
9 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Good deal, liked their restaurant meal kits. (You can get it from Kinton)

Saw another coupon on Facebook - BOGOHC. This one ends on November 15th. You can't stack it with the same email so you'll need 2 different accounts to use both.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2997 posts
3269 upvotes
to be honest.. the ingredients from kinton is soooooo cheap... the profit for those noodles... they are making a lot...
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4820 posts
1271 upvotes
Mississauga
renegadeavenger wrote: to be honest.. the ingredients from kinton is soooooo cheap... the profit for those noodles... they are making a lot...
I bought the Kinton kit before. you're really paying for the soup base, which is really good. The rest you can get from the grocery store..... Their kits are much easier to make, especially the smaller portions and they don't really change it up. The good thing about PC Chef is you can get it within 24hr and there's no subscription required.

I wish they could drop it off at a local Loblaws and I just go pick it up. The ones offered in store has VERY limited selections.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 19, 2011
3233 posts
1742 upvotes
West Coast
Please add "GTA Only" to the title.

"PC Chef™ Meal Kits are currently available for delivery in select areas of the Greater Toronto Area"
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2997 posts
3269 upvotes
miilki wrote: Good deal, liked their restaurant meal kits. (You can get it from Kinton)

Saw another coupon on Facebook - BOGOHC. This one ends on November 15th. You can't stack it with the same email so you'll need 2 different accounts to use both.
well its 1 coupon per order. Once the coupon is used on the account, you won't be able to reuse the coupon. You can use the same account, order one order with BOGOKIT and then make another order with BOGOHC. Keep in mind however you would end up paying 10 bucks in delivery. But if you choose the higher expensive items, it could save money with the coupons.

I have basically tried 95% of their menu, the other 5% are for stupid restaurant meals that I felt was a rip off in value. If anyone has questions that I can help with, feel free to ask.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2997 posts
3269 upvotes
GateGuardian wrote: I bought the Kinton kit before. you're really paying for the soup base, which is really good. The rest you can get from the grocery store..... Their kits are much easier to make, especially the smaller portions and they don't really change it up. The good thing about PC Chef is you can get it within 24hr and there's no subscription required.

I wish they could drop it off at a local Loblaws and I just go pick it up. The ones offered in store has VERY limited selections.
Just making correction... 24 hours is based on if you ordered by noon of the day you place the order. If you order after noon time, it would arrive a day after.
Sr. Member
May 18, 2007
807 posts
1408 upvotes
Toronto
renegadeavenger wrote: you know, it is very interesting how they do the coupons... sometimes I get coupons, sometimes I don't..


Yah, it worries me that Loblaw can manipulate what they show some clients, but not others for some opaque reasons. It's not hard to imagine this kinda thing being used to penalize/exclude clients for reasons like their neighbourhood or other attributes they are easily able to determine online.

Just to taking further, Loblaw is getting further into providing health-care... so then they'll send coupons/offers for food based on what they know about your recent prescriptions. It could get into uncanny-valley pretty quickly.
Newbie
Apr 8, 2014
9 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
canada_dry wrote: Yah, it worries me that Loblaw can manipulate what they show some clients, but not others for some opaque reasons. It's not hard to imagine this kinda thing being used to penalize/exclude clients for reasons like their neighbourhood or other attributes they are easily able to determine online.

Just to taking further, Loblaw is getting further into providing health-care... so then they'll send coupons/offers for food based on what they know about your recent prescriptions. It could get into uncanny-valley pretty quickly.
Uber does the same thing. Personalized coupon codes.

I'm not complaining. Makes it easier for me find for what I actually want.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2006
1071 posts
91 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: well its 1 coupon per order. Once the coupon is used on the account, you won't be able to reuse the coupon. You can use the same account, order one order with BOGOKIT and then make another order with BOGOHC. Keep in mind however you would end up paying 10 bucks in delivery. But if you choose the higher expensive items, it could save money with the coupons.

I have basically tried 95% of their menu, the other 5% are for stupid restaurant meals that I felt was a rip off in value. If anyone has questions that I can help with, feel free to ask.
It’s only applying the coupon for 1 item. I have 5 things in my cart but it’s only giving me a b1 g1 off the cheapest item. Is this correct? I thought it was B1g1 the whole order?
On Koodo $40/6gb plan.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2997 posts
3269 upvotes
bonita! wrote:
It’s only applying the coupon for 1 item. I have 5 things in my cart but it’s only giving me a b1 g1 off the cheapest item. Is this correct? I thought it was B1g1 the whole order?
It's not.. It only applies on 2 dishes..

And what is dumb is if you have 3 expensive dish and 1 cheap one, they deduct the cheapest value.

Just buy 2, 36 to 40 dollar dishes
Newbie
Sep 16, 2018
44 posts
54 upvotes
GateGuardian wrote: I bought the Kinton kit before. you're really paying for the soup base, which is really good. The rest you can get from the grocery store..... Their kits are much easier to make, especially the smaller portions and they don't really change it up. The good thing about PC Chef is you can get it within 24hr and there's no subscription required.

I wish they could drop it off at a local Loblaws and I just go pick it up. The ones offered in store has VERY limited selections.
Why don't you just order the ingredients off Loblaws then?
Sr. Member
Jul 21, 2007
759 posts
363 upvotes
Winnipeg
The ones that I got last week (chicken pad Thai, Vietnamese beef), weren't very good. Super easy since you basically throw everything in a pan. But just not very interesting or tasty.

I'd much rather pay essentially double for Cook It's tasty meals
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 12, 2003
11768 posts
4080 upvotes
Toronto
It makes a bit sense only if you are ordering a meal of 4 or more expensive dishes, since they charge 45 delivery fee no matter the size of your order.

For example, you are ordering a dished for $10, getting one for free, but paying $5 for delivery.

It is a deal if you are going to order it anyway, but for those who just want to give it a try, it is more like just buy one get one half price after they charged $5 delivery fee. You cannot waive it even you are a PC insider member.

If I'm going to order restaurant dishes, I better off order from ubereats with those 20% or 30% off $20 order flying around recently. They are ready to eat upon delivery.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2005
1120 posts
15367 upvotes
North York, ON
Another PC Chef bogo code appeared in my fb feed :

“Introducing PC Chef Meal Kits from President's Choice. Buy any meal kit and get a second FREE with code BOGOPCMK until November 30.
Billy Ocean is a musical genius!

Top