Pc financial cheque still valid?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2018 3:19 am
Mar 15, 2011
559 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto

Pc financial cheque still valid?

Anyone know if the cheque with the PC financial logo is still valid? I have a whole unused cheque book from 10 years ago
11 replies
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
AFAIK yes. Same account/institution/transit numbers, and that's really what matters.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Feb 13, 2008
977 posts
765 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
GreenFinGirl wrote: Anyone know if the cheque with the PC financial logo is still valid? I have a whole unused cheque book from 10 years ago
Yes. I called them and they said Yes. Since your cheques are ten years old make sure they are in the new year month date format.
Banned
Jun 6, 2016
361 posts
257 upvotes
Scarborough, ONT
Definitely still valid, I use them every month to pay my condo maintenance fees.
Mar 15, 2011
559 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for the replies.
I find it odd the pc financial logo is still in use. In the Telus building in downtown Toronto, there was a PC Financial ATM, and they said it would be removed.
But, the smaller machine that took its place this week still says PC Financial in its digital logo, so I'm confused.
Why not use the new logo on a new machine? Unless, this new machine is not simpli financial, but some type of generic ABM that will charge me a fee. SUSPICIOUS.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
GreenFinGirl wrote: But, the smaller machine that took its place this week still says PC Financial in its digital logo, so I'm confused.
Why not use the new logo on a new machine? Unless, this new machine is not simpli financial, but some type of generic ABM that will charge me a fee. SUSPICIOUS.
The new machine is owned by Loblaws. It is not a Simplii machine. You will be charged a fee to use it.
Mar 15, 2011
559 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
CorSter wrote: The new machine is owned by Loblaws. It is not a Simplii machine. You will be charged a fee to use it.
Good to know.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
I always wonder what went wrong when so many questions like this being asked. It's all on their website/notification/paper LOL
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7851 posts
8801 upvotes
GreenFinGirl wrote: Thanks for the replies.
I find it odd the pc financial logo is still in use. In the Telus building in downtown Toronto, there was a PC Financial ATM, and they said it would be removed.
But, the smaller machine that took its place this week still says PC Financial in its digital logo, so I'm confused.
PC Financial is still around with their PCF MasterCard and new PCF ATMs.

CIBC just no longer has a part in running the banking side of things.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Theoretically, as of November this year, PC Financial could launch bank accounts again and Simplii could launch credit cards. I would certainly love to see great basic/platinum/infinite Simplii visa cards, all no-AF with terrific cashback deals (to compete with PC MC, Tang and the likes). I'd switch to a Simplii visa Infinite if it's competitive. They could probably do it, since CIBC seems to be the only one of the big five to offer same rewards (cashback or travel pts) on gold/platinum vs. infinite cards. They'd also rake users by the nano-second since more people could qualify financially for visa Infinite than MC WE.

That said, I'd be game to open a chequing and/or savings account with PCF once they're back in the game.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2017
2542 posts
1049 upvotes
CND Brain & Hear…
titaniumtux wrote: Theoretically, as of November this year, PC Financial could launch bank accounts again and Simplii could launch credit cards.

That said, I'd be game to open a chequing and/or savings account with PCF once they're back in the game.
Same here, I'm interested in the next Simplii credit card, who knows what benefit you're getting. If better than CIBC why not. In my opinion tho, Simplii CC might just be another version of CIBC Dividend VISA (free vers), which indeed still considered average in Canada.

PCF and bank accounts, really, this is gonna be hard. A break of with CIBC so PCF no longer has any back end, if they happen to outsource, it's just somewhat a redundant move but who knows, it is business. I don't expect anything that would WOW me, maybe something with ATM rebate? haha
Give me a J. I'm a maniac and an African expert.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
Yep ... Still valid ... and i can confirm it ... cuz I used a couple of those after PCF physically became Simplii :)

... and before I used them ... I called Simplii .. and Rep(s) told me - no issues whatsover to use those ... will be absolutely "no problem" if you used any of those old / PCF cheques ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)