Expired Hot Deals

[PC Financial] Earn 2.5% Interest on new TFSA and RRSP Deposits (made from May 01, 2017) until August 31, 2017

• Last Updated:
  • May 10th, 2017 5:48 pm
[OP]
Feb 23, 2010
242 posts
33 upvotes

Earn 2.5% Interest on new TFSA and RRSP Deposits (made from May 01, 2017) until August 31, 2017

Deal Link:
Expiry:
August 31, 2017
Retailer:
PC Financial
Earn 2.5% interest on new TFSA and RRSP deposits until August 31, 2017

Terms and conditions:

* The President's Choice Financial® promotional interest offer (the "Offer") is available to all Eligible Accounts between May 1, 2017 and August 31, 2017 (the "Offer Period"). "Eligible Account" means new and existing President's Choice Financial® The World's Best Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), Interest Plus™ RRSP and/or Tax Free Interest Plus savings account, and any new President's Choice Financial The World's Best RRSP, Interest Plus RRSP and/or Tax Free Interest Plus savings account that is opened during the Offer Period.

- To participate in the Offer, an Eligible Account holder must enrol for or accept the Offer during the Offer Period by calling 1 888 723 8881, visiting an in-store President's Choice Financial pavilion or hub to speak with a customer service representative or by accepting the targeted online offer through online banking.

- The special annual interest rate of 2.5% is a combination of the regular annual interest rate set by President's Choice Financial payable on an Eligible Account balance ("Regular Interest"), plus promotional interest ("Promotional Interest") that is calculated for the Offer Period on the Additional Balance as defined below.

- The Promotional Interest is calculated on the portion of the Eligible Account's average daily closing balance during the Offer Period that exceeds the closing balance as at April 30, 2017 (the "Additional Balance") to a maximum of $500,000 in Additional Balances aggregated across all of an account holder's Eligible Accounts. The daily closing balance in any Eligible Account opened during the Enrollment Period will be deemed to be $0.00 until the date a deposit is made in the Eligible Account. If an Eligible Account is overdrawn as at April 30, 2017, the closing balance is deemed to be $0.00. You can contribute up to your contribution room. A tax applies to all contributions exceeding your contribution room. Your TFSA contribution room or RRSP deduction limit information can be found by visiting the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) web page at: www.cra-arc.gc.ca.

- All Promotional Interest will be paid in September 2017 into a single Eligible Account held by a primary account holder. If an account holder has multiple Eligible Accounts, the Promotional Interest for each Eligible Account will be paid separately into that Eligible Account. Promotional Interest will not be paid into any Eligible Account that is not active and in good standing as at August 31, 2017. Eligible Accounts will continue to earn Regular Interest on balances, calculated daily and paid monthly.

- Offer is non-transferable and cannot be combined with other promotional rate offers. The provider of President's Choice Financial personal banking services the direct banking division of CIBC, reserves the right to cancel or change the terms of the Offer at any time, and revoke the Offer for any customer who appears to be manipulating or abusing the Offer, or is engaged in any suspicious/fraudulent activity.

- Promotional Interest as well as Regular Interest are subject to change at any time; visit todays rates for current regular rates or speak to a President's Choice Financial personal banking representative for current rates of registered Eligible Account investments: The World's Best RRSP, Interest Plus RRSP and/or Tax Free Interest Plus savings account.

- Additional terms, conditions and limitations apply to opening and making deposits in an Eligible Account. Individuals must meet the criteria of President's Choice Financial to open or hold an Eligible Account in order to qualify for the Offer. Promotional Interest recipient is solely responsible for any tax consequences associated with the Promotional Interest. The Promotional Interest cannot be substituted or transferred to a third party. Details are available upon request.

Images
  • PC Financial RRSP Offer.jpg
  • PC Financial TFSA Offer.jpg
39 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21476 posts
15607 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Interesting. Not! Thanks for posting this. I'd been wondering what PCF was going to offer after their last promo ended a month ago.

Nothing for regular, taxable HISAs versus TangerING's promo of up to 3.21%. My cash stays at TING.
veni, vidi, Visa
[OP]
Feb 23, 2010
242 posts
33 upvotes
bylo wrote: Interesting. Not! Thanks for posting this. I'd been wondering what PCF was going to offer after their last promo ended a month ago.

Nothing for regular, taxable HISAs versus TangerING's promo of up to 3.21%. My cash stays at TING.
Yes. Unfortunately no special interest rate for the regular non-registered accounts. PC Financial has become stingy.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2415 posts
1105 upvotes
Edmonton
DeaLocator wrote: Yes. Unfortunately no special interest rate for the regular non-registered accounts. PC Financial has become stingy.
. Not true. For regular non-registered accounts promo is either 2% or 2.5% offering. We were at the kiosk today and they registered us. Unfortunately for us our offer was 2% which we took. Good until Aug 31th.......
[OP]
Feb 23, 2010
242 posts
33 upvotes
frankmp wrote: . Not true. For regular non-registered accounts promo is either 2% or 2.5% offering. We were at the kiosk today and they registered us. Unfortunately for us our offer was 2% which we took. Good until Aug 31th.......
Interesting. I actually talked with an agent on the phone earlier tonight and specifically asked if they have any promotion for non-registered accounts. He said they don't. Time to visit a kiosk perhaps.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1961 posts
584 upvotes
frankmp wrote: . Not true. For regular non-registered accounts promo is either 2% or 2.5% offering. We were at the kiosk today and they registered us. Unfortunately for us our offer was 2% which we took. Good until Aug 31th.......
new customer or old customers?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5704 posts
5120 upvotes
DeaLocator wrote: Interesting. I actually talked with an agent on the phone earlier tonight and specifically asked if they have any promotion for non-registered accounts. He said they don't. Time to visit a kiosk perhaps.
Based on your replies, it sounds like it's a targeted offer. Probably for people who already had funds in a savings account from the previous promo.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2415 posts
1105 upvotes
Edmonton
J_u_n_i_o_r_3 wrote:
new customer or old customers?
Existing
superfresh89 wrote: Based on your replies, it sounds like it's a targeted offer. Probably for people who already had funds in a savings account from the previous promo.
. We didn't get any previous email. Just stopped in the kiosk. Its for any new money on your balance from May 1. All the promos were on the agents screen.

REceived email this morning confirming bonus:

"Thank you for enrolling. You're now ready to earn 2% on new deposits into your President´s Choice Financial Savings Account between May 1 and August 31, 2017."
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5704 posts
5120 upvotes
frankmp wrote: .
Existing
. We didn't get any previous email. Just stopped in the kiosk. Its for any new money on your balance from May 1. All the promos were on the agents screen.

REceived email this morning confirming bonus:

"Thank you for enrolling. You're now ready to earn 2% on new deposits into your President´s Choice Financial Savings Account between May 1 and August 31, 2017."
Definitely targeted then. I don't have this offer available and neither does my wife.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8427 posts
3612 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
Registered accounts only. Try again, PCF CIBC.

I mean people complain about Tangerine's targeted rate lottery, it's still better than a crappy rate deal for everyone.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2008
1677 posts
278 upvotes
Winnipeg
Didn't receive the email but called in and got 2.5 on tfsa account. Only on tfsa and rrsp accounts.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1000 posts
556 upvotes
Edmonton
If i remember correctly, they have a $50 fee to move the money out of TFSA once the promo is over.
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
[OP]
Feb 23, 2010
242 posts
33 upvotes
wilbrod wrote: If i remember correctly, they have a $50 fee to move the money out of TFSA once the promo is over.
Only if the TFSA funds are being moved to a TFSA account at another institution. The money can be withdrawn from TFSA and moved to any other PCF account for free.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2013
1015 posts
630 upvotes
Toronto
Are people getting 2% on regular savings accounts?
Mar 7, 2011
567 posts
418 upvotes
Brampton
Can someone pls confirm my math?

Ignoring account fees and such..

Suppose i have:

$100,000 x 2.5% / 12 months = $208.33 interest*

*and only if you had kept your money in for a full month?

Thanks!
Jan 12, 2017
815 posts
959 upvotes
YK
kaijujager wrote: Can someone pls confirm my math?

Ignoring account fees and such..

Suppose i have:

$100,000 x 2.5% / 12 months = $208.33 interest*

*and only if you had kept your money in for a full month?

Thanks!
just wanted to mention that it's only 4 months
and that there are no fees for these accounts when depositing

the rate is better than the 0.8% currently and better than 0.25% at the big brick and mortar banks
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21476 posts
15607 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
DeaLocator wrote: Only if the TFSA funds are being moved to a TFSA account at another institution. The money can be withdrawn from TFSA and moved to any other PCF account for free.
However in that case the money is no longer in a TFSA and can't be put back in a TFSA until next year. So in order to scoop bonus tax-free interest in this quarter you have taxable interest in the next two quarters. Is that really a deal?
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 21, 2005
673 posts
533 upvotes
DeaLocator wrote: Only if the TFSA funds are being moved to a TFSA account at another institution. The money can be withdrawn from TFSA and moved to any other PCF account for free.
As I understand it, once you withdraw money from a TFSA you can't put it back in if your limit has been reached. Big difference from transferring it.
Apr 3, 2005
352 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
I just received an offer from PCF on Saving Account in email.

Now is a great time to have a President’s Choice Financial® Interest PlusTM Savings Account (IPSA). Enrol to take advantage of 2.5%* interest on all new deposits until August 31, 2017.