• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2008 10:11 am
[OP]
Banned
Dec 23, 2007
273 posts
6 upvotes

PC Financial Mastercard - A hot deal

1% to use toward store purchases, Superstore has great prices, therefore getting this Mastercard is a HOT deal. 11.5 cents off of gas when you use this card!

It's not like a Safeway card, [rfdlink=1]Canadian Tire[/rfdlink] card, or Air miles/Aeroplan... those are ALL cr*p. Safeway and CDN Tire have majorly inflated prices.. the fact that you think you are getting something good is basically an insult to your intelligence.

Air Miles/Aeroplan is also garbage.. those miles are only used toward REGULAR priced fares... did you actually think they are using your miles on a special price or reduced rate. LOL. Plus you aren't even guaranteed the flights you want, plus you may never take a trip anytime soon... are you familiar with the time value of money concept? Money is worth more today than in six months.

You will ALWAYS need groceries. You can buy your food as normal... THEN get plane tickets when that time comes... from a travel agent site that has good deals... don't limit yourself to company airline rates because you pigeon holed yourself with air miles / aeroplan. These companies are seriously insulting you. Honestly what deal is there for "15,000 aeroplan miles free" with credit card sign up that has an annual fee.

Give your heads a shake people. PC Financial is a FREE credit card, plus they have free debit card use. Go with a company that started the trends, not a company who copies others and they act like they care about you only because they have to in order to compete.

Edit- As this thread evolves, the conclusion is that PCMC is a HOT choice for 95% of the population, the group who spends less than $10,000 per year on their credit cards.

Just trying to help. Thanks. ILWMD
117 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5031 posts
14065 upvotes
Winnipeg
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: 1% to use toward store purchases, Superstore has great prices, therefore getting this Mastercard is a HOT deal. 11.5 cents off of gas when you use this card!

It's not like a Safeway card, Canadian Tire card, or Air miles/Aeroplan... those are ALL cr*p. Safeway and CDN Tire have majorly inflated prices.. the fact that you think you are getting something good is basically an insult to your intelligence.
Air Miles/Aeroplan is also garbage.. those miles are only used toward REGULAR priced fares... did you actually think they are using your miles on a special price or reduced rate. LOL. Plus you aren't even guaranteed the flights you want, plus you may never take a trip anytime soon... are you familiar with the time value of money concept? Money is worth more today than in six months.

You will ALWAYS need groceries. You can buy your food as normal... THEN get plane tickets when that time comes... from a travel agent site that has good deals... don't limit yourself to company airline rates because you pigeon holed yourself with air miles / aeroplan. These companies are seriously insulting you. Honestly what deal is there for "15,000 aeroplan miles free" with credit card sign up that has an annual fee.

Give your heads a shake people. PC Financial is a FREE credit card, plus they have free debit card use. Go with a company that started the trends, not a company who copies others and they act like they care about you only because they have to in order to compete.

Just trying to help. Thanks. ILWMD
Actually, your post is an insult to the RFD community.

COLD, ICE COLD
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1592 posts
13 upvotes
howwon wrote: Actually, your post is an insult to the RFD community.

COLD, ICE COLD
Yeah it's an insult to the "HOT" icon. Give my 2 min back.
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: How much do you have to spend to get that 2% return?

Exactly.
5K, that's actually quite little.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 23, 2007
273 posts
6 upvotes
This thread will prove beyond any doubt that the PC Financial Mastercard is the best credit card out there.
Jan 23, 2006
573 posts
17 upvotes
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: 1% to use toward store purchases, Superstore has great prices, therefore getting this Mastercard is a HOT deal. 11.5 cents off of gas when you use this card!
How do get 11.5c off gass?? :-0
[OP]
Banned
Dec 23, 2007
273 posts
6 upvotes
The 11.5 cents is Winnipeg exclusive.

The American Express card is not accepted at as many places as Mastercard.

When you get those cash back income on American Express, that is taxable income.

The government is taking your money... it is illegal not to claim it.

So... if a person spends $10,000 / year on their credit card... they get $100 in groceries on PC or $137.50 in cash in American Express

Since Amex is accepted at less places... coupled with money being used RIGHT AWAY on groceries rather than waiting every year for a dividend.... my PC Financial deal is HOTTER
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
2140 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
most cards give minimum 1% cash. among other benefits.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
2140 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: Most cards have an annual fee.
if you researched, you would find that most don't/can be waived.
[OP]
Banned
Dec 23, 2007
273 posts
6 upvotes
I haven't researched, but apparently I was given the link (above) to a hot deal...

The PC is hotter.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
2140 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: I haven't researched, but apparently I was given the link (above) to a hot deal...

The PC is hotter.
that amex deal is not hot at all, but clearly shows the abundance of cards with no annual fees.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
2140 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: Until you post the link/specs of a better card...

the bell tolls...
well, i'm not going to search through the forums for links, but a simple google for citi card or even td visa will give you cashback with no annual fee.
but its not like i work for cc companies, and I don't really care that you're convinced your card is #1; but to all others actually looking for a good card, this won't be your best bet.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2003
5266 posts
1995 upvotes
I use my PC Finacial Card all the time. I like the points and I agree it's great for free grocerys. It's been around forever tho, its not a new deal and its a not a hot deal either really. Doesnt the Amex from Costco give 1% too?
The interest rate isnt even that great on the PC card. For being PC I would have thought it would have been alot lower. My Capital One is a lower rate and even my Rona Visa card has a lower interest rate.
Mar 28, 2008
551 posts
326 upvotes
I like PC Mastercard's Paypass feature. Superstore's stuff aren't that cheap in Ontario though. In Ontario No Frills (owned by the same company) are the cheap stores and Superstores are the mid-range stores. But PC points can be redeemed at any of those stores.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)