Personal Finance

PC Financial Mastercard - A hot deal

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2008 10:11 am
Mar 29, 2008
820 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
sorry if i am rude, but this post is a shear waste of everything. Wut i gather form op is ...............the one he is using PC masercard is good and rest almost everything in C**P.

Though I also use PC mcard a lot but that dosnot mean its the best for everyone............diffenert peopl, different needs, different cards.
May 11, 2006
255 posts
17 upvotes
PC Mastercard...SUCKS! I have one myself but did not even activate the newest one. Their interest rate is far too high. No thanks! I will stick to Amex much better card in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2008
1392 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
he lives with his dad who apparantly works for PC :D

Honestly, not a hot deal, it's like how you always need gas and citi mastercard have petro points.. therefore citi mc is the best.. flawed argument..

It's a nice deal to use when I grocery shop but it's not so much the best where I only carry that around.. I still have my Citi Petro for gas, and 2% dividend for everything else..

Unless RFD are all hungry people who shops in Loblaws day in day out, this is just as similar deals to handful of options out there..
My Rogers Plan: 250 DT, Unlim. inc., Unlim. E/W @ 8pm, 100 CDN LD, 100 txt sent/unlim. rec., CID/VM/Call forward & transfer = $15.90/month after all tax and fees.
Deal Guru
Dec 30, 2004
13050 posts
845 upvotes
Toronto
ummm Welcome to 2001

(when the card came out :rolleyes: )
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
17278 posts
73 upvotes
Sorry, but how is this a hot deal? This PC Financial MC has been around since forever! And yes it is a good card. Essentially 1% cash back without having to wait till end of the year to redeem your reward.
Mar 15, 2005
973 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Some other no annual fee >= 1% reward cards:
Citi Enrich Mastercard
Citi Driver's Edge
Dividend card from almost every bank

Not to mention PC doesn't offer extended warranty on computer products
Feedback: [ Heatware (14-0) | E-Bay (186-0) | HowardForums (2-0) ]
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3869 upvotes
I find the PC MC very very good. Since I allways shop for groceries at Super Store, and the fact that I can get 20$ in value as soon as I have the points (and I don't have to wait 1 year) makes it really really great.
Mar 10, 2003
143 posts
13 upvotes
PC MC was good for only one thing in the beginning and that was for balance transfers upon initial activation. When they had 3.97% until balance paid off, none of this 12 month crap that other cards had. Saved me a lot when consolidating other debts.
Now they are at 4.97% for 6months or something.

Anyways my PC MC is gathering dust as well, I think they offered me 10,000 pts to use it last month so i bought a small item, that was hot $10 free grocery reward for buying a 99 cent pack of gum. Otherwise this "deal" is cold ...
Jul 17, 2007
229 posts
20 upvotes
Vancouver
weilyan wrote: well not a bad deal IF you live in Winnipeg...
I'd say-a fantastic deal for those that live in Winnipeg.
I have AMEX with 2%, but I do not use it as it is not accepted for my rental payments, in RCSS or in restaurants I usually take my lunch. So it would not be easy to overpass the limit of $5k that only after that you would get 2%. So this card for me will be better as it does not have (?) any limit and is accepted in all the above mentioned places.
Do they offer sometimes a higher bonus than that is offered currently (5000 points=only $5)?
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4923 posts
552 upvotes
BC
i love using my pc card.. every time i go to superstore, i hardly have to pay anything for my groceries.. bought a wii, and 40gb ps3 for $100, can't beat that. :)
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2002
2552 posts
403 upvotes
Durham Region
Yes I love PC MC... I spend about $1000-$2000 per month on my MC and thus get an extra $10 to $20 each month worth of points. After a few months I go and buy something with the points earned.

And forget talking about interest %, b/c if you aren't paying off the balance each month in full, you need help. I've never given one cent to any credit company, balance always paid off in full each month. So yes PC MC is a greeeeeaaat card! (for me)
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18623 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: The 11.5 cents is Winnipeg exclusive.

The American Express card is not accepted at as many places as Mastercard.

When you get those cash back income on American Express, that is taxable income.

The government is taking your money... it is illegal not to claim it.

So... if a person spends $10,000 / year on their credit card... they get $100 in groceries on PC or $137.50 in cash in American Express

Since Amex is accepted at less places... coupled with money being used RIGHT AWAY on groceries rather than waiting every year for a dividend.... my PC Financial deal is HOTTER
Just for the record, the rebate is NOT taxable. Hence a rebate. The amount is taken off from the Dec/ Jan bill.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3450 posts
2854 upvotes
Markham
Strange troll thread, but nonetheless, I do use my PCMC, but almost exclusively at Loblaws or Maxi (QC). I use my reg Costco Amex almost everywhere else.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28681 posts
1321 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
OP should be banned 1 week for a pompous style hot deal false advert attitude adjustment period.

oh and also change thread to WINNIPEGGERS only.

AMEX 2% FTW!
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Oakstreet, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Hartt, Florsheim Imp*
Jul 20, 2008
183 posts
18 upvotes
currently using a Desjardins gold card, which has a 1% cash back and no annual fee. The gas stuff seems good but it's Winnipeg only> :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)