64 upvotes
GTA
I think the OP just wants to up his post count :D

I also wish they still offer the 2% AMEX > :(
Oct 19, 2006
436 posts
85 upvotes
Peterborough
Delroy666 wrote: Wow, does the OP work for PC Financial?

Agreed, the 2% AMEX rules!
How is it better than CiTi Driver's Edge? Or do they rule together.
Peterboro..ON
Jul 31, 2007
354 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
weilyan wrote: well not a bad deal IF you live in Winnipeg...
That's right. It should be a notice in the name of the thread - 11.5cents Winnipeg exclusively.

Thanks for the deal.
Oct 11, 2007
424 posts
bubble.tea wrote: OP should be banned 1 week for a pompous style hot deal false advert attitude adjustment period.

oh and also change thread to WINNIPEGGERS only.

AMEX 2% FTW!
+1, without the ban

I like my PCFMC, free groceries and all, but not a hot deal OP

Use the search function and get some experience before you post hot deals. There are also good tips provided by the site.
Everyone is welcome and everyone has the potential to post something good so we don't want you to be discouraged.
You'll just annoy people if you persist :)
Jan 19, 2004
185 posts
13 upvotes
MBNA PREMIER REWARDS PLATINUM CARD

1% cashback no minimum spending
6.99% interest rate
Platinum benefits (warranty extension, car rental insurance, purchase protection)
no annual fee

all = hotter than the pc card
Jun 15, 2005
47 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
does anybody know to get the %2 back from pc mastercard do i need to carry a balance?

i put about 30 grand on my card in a year but never pay intrest. good deal for me i think
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2007
1039 posts
159 upvotes
Kingston, Ontario
I do the same with our Visa but get TD Travel Reward points. The points is a bit is misleading because you book some travel, then phone them and they credit you for it - it's nothing like airmiles or aeroplan miles. We pay an annual fee but end up getting (after the fee) at min $1000/yr in free travel. Plus you can still book any good travel deal you find and use your 'points' for it.

I think if you find a cc that works for you it doesn't necessarily work for the next person. The travel one works for us because we do a lot of domestic travel to visit friends and family.
Oct 11, 2007
424 posts
Some people like our family would rather have the convenience of getting free groceries anytime, or prime rib, lol (points=cash, no frills, fortinos - any "loblaws" owned) than waiting for the annual cash reward.

Interest rate doesn't usually apply to ppl who pay off their balances before interest accrues.

Is there a cc company that pays out straight cash (in cheque form of course) monthly or quarterly?
I would get one of those.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2005
10775 posts
2852 upvotes
Nowhere
As others have said, no this is not a hot deal. This card is definitely not new. The best credit cards and loyalty programs are based on individual needs. Personally, the PC MC is my main credit card. I like that I can redeem rewards whenever I want and since I shop primarily at No Frills and other Loblaw group stores such as RCSS and Loblaws, this is very convenient for me. I never carry a balance so interest rate doesn't matter to me. Every month or so, I get free groceries. I used to have an Amex Air Miles card and did travel free on it but I don't travel much these days and didn't like the restrictions and having to wait to collect. I still collect Air Miles. I cancelled that card after being late one day on a payment and then they charged me full interest the following month on new purchases because my account wasn't in good standing. The following month was paid in full on time yet no one could give me an explanation as to why the charge. I did find out that they had changed their policy the month before but no Amex staffer could tell me that. Other cards now do this as well. I do have the Costco Amex but I don't like waiting a full year for the cheque. For my needs, this card works well, for others there are better options.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3372 posts
187 upvotes
Cav wrote: does anybody know to get the %2 back from pc mastercard do i need to carry a balance?

i put about 30 grand on my card in a year but never pay intrest. good deal for me i think
PC doesn't offer 2% back. They do have a promo where existing customers were given 2% but only on purchases made at grocery stores that carry the PC brand for a limited time.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
3063 posts
1365 upvotes
Best PCMC deal I have seen is the one I got: 3.97% on balance transfers UNTIL THEY'RE PAID OFF. Not 6 months. Not limited in any way.

I put $7500 on that card when I got it, and it's down to ~3000 now, but given that my mortgage interest is 5.56%, NOT paying off this card (and putting extra $$$ on my mortgage) is saving me money.

Until I see another "low interest 'til paid off" offer, all these cash-back etc. CC offers are just noise.
There is no god. But it still feels good to be kind to people, animals, and the environment, so keep doing that.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2002
3855 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
PC isn't bad. If you're with them for a while, you can get 5.97%, if you're into paying interest (this is ongoing, not for a limited time or only for balance transfers). Also, the paypass is a nice feature.

But still, <3 2% gold AMEX.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
1884 posts
124 upvotes
Calgary
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: When you get those cash back income on American Express, that is taxable income.
Wrong, to most people, cash back on credit card is not income.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2006
1485 posts
45 upvotes
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: Quote form the Kodak thread:

"Too bad they don't take Amex"
The number of places that take AMEX are increasing everyday. I hardly have to use any other credit card.
Oct 30, 2006
16 posts
Vancouver
I_live_with_my_Dad wrote: The 11.5 cents is Winnipeg exclusive.
I think it applies in Richmond, BC as well. If I recall correctly, anyone who fills up at the Superstore gas bar saves 6.5 cents/L in the form Superstore superbucks and if you use your PCMC you get an additional 5 cents/L in superbucks. The superbucks can only be redemmed at Superstore.
Aug 17, 2006
522 posts
195 upvotes
Richmond, BC
banany wrote: I think it applies in Richmond, BC as well. If I recall correctly, anyone who fills up at the Superstore gas bar saves 6.5 cents/L in the form Superstore superbucks and if you use your PCMC you get an additional 5 cents/L in superbucks. The superbucks can only be redemmed at Superstore.
Hell NO. Only 6.5 cents/L in Superbock.

Where do you get this info?
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3869 upvotes
All you who say you love the 2% amex must be spending INSANE amount of cash.
Last year, my I only spent 3400$ on my CC (so includes almost everything you can get with a CC).

I mean only getting .5% for the first 2500$ is ALOT. another 2500$ for just 1% (same return as the PC MC) is ALOT ALOT.

Needing to spend over 5000$ just to get 2% is just insane. What are you people? Made of money?

I guess it also has something to do with me being from Eastern Europe, in saving any penny I can, and not buying something unless it's NECESSARY!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)