PC Financial Mastercard - A hot deal

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 30th, 2008 10:11 am
Banned
Oct 28, 2003
1741 posts
2 upvotes
Winnipeg, Mb
Shazam wrote: I also do not know of any extra points when u use PC mastercard for gas (but it would be nice to get 11.5 cents as posted earliar for Winnipeg...thats a great deal!!)
Yup can't beat 11.5 cents per litre... BUT.. as with anything.. things aren't always as they appear..

I can't prove without reasonable doubt, but I believe I get waay less mileage with Superstore Gas compared to Petro Canada.

I've been trying to compare the two equally, but I keep ending up going on road trips, and its hard to compare highway driving vs city driving. But so far, it seems I've been getting about 50-60 kms less on a full tank with Superstore compared to petro.

I drive a 99 civic, 41 L tank I believe, and with Petro gas i seem to get about 550 kms before my gas light turns on, whereas with superstore gas the light goes on at around the 500 mark.

Regardless, I mostly fill up at SS, but sometimes goes to PEtro as its 7 cents off/L on wknds only.

If someone knows a bit more on where SS gets there gas or if there is actually differences in gas, that would be great
beep beep bop beep bup
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3963 posts
1274 upvotes
Calgary
I thought I am the only one, I get like 50 mileage less if I gas up at Shell when compared to Esso. No experience with Petro Canada though but its off topic LOL
Jun 21, 2007
93 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
For me it's quite the opposite. I get significantly better gas mileage with Shell (regular) gasoline, in comparison to Esso or Superstore.

Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1733 posts
566 upvotes
GMA
Stupid thread. Saying that card ABC is the best CC is like saying that singer XYZ is the best singer ever. It all comes down to spending habits and personal preferences. Card ABC might be a better fit for person ABC while card GHI might be a better fit for person GHI.

The OP only shows how narrow minded he(she) is.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8457 posts
997 upvotes
Thanh wrote: Stupid thread. Saying that card ABC is the best CC is like saying that singer XYZ is the best singer ever. It all comes down to spending habits and personal preferences. Card ABC might be a better fit for person ABC while card GHI might be a better fit for person GHI.

The OP only shows how narrow minded he(she) is.
Not really. In this case Citi Enrich Platinum is clearly superior to PCF in every aspect.... it has 1% cash back (instead of free food in Loblaws and associates) and price protection, which the PCF card doesn't have.
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Banned
Jul 16, 2003
10397 posts
1468 upvotes
Toronto
I thought this thread would be locked by now !

IBTL X 2
Andre Oliveira - Mortgage Agent
Mortgage Intelligence - FSCO# 10428
Mar 16, 2008
252 posts
1 upvote
toronto
ignore the OP. This is a bait thread and he says it himself, he hasnt done any research and is claiming this pc card is the best.
Jun 21, 2007
93 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I had quite negative experience with PC MC security policies, which seem stupid and paranoid. There were few occasions, when I tried to pay with it, but my card wasn't authorized and payment was refused (for security reasons, as I figured out later). Quite embarrassing and inconvenient. No phone calls, no nothing, just refusing the transaction, because the automatic system has "flagged" it as suspicious. They don't give a **** about my convenience.

So I'm considering canceling the card. The only thing preventing me from doing this right now, is 2% cashback on Superstore purchases (where I am buying pretty much all my groceries). Another positive factor is, that the cashback can be utilized every month, so I don't have to wait till next January to get it.
Jun 17, 2007
29 posts
DEALS/CONTESTS/FREEBIES-related: PC MasterCard: Apply online and get 3 free issues of a magazine...

I searched deals and forums and didn
Feb 18, 2004
26 posts
Northern Ontario
Forget the stuff about being the best card . . . .

Is not the balance tranfer offer, after doing the MNBA and CITI offers of course, somewhat interesting?
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2005
1814 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary
wow .. saw the thread a month ago when it was first posted. Thought the thread would die down quickly. So surprise that it's still alive ...
For me, PC MC used to be my primary credit card and now I switch to TD Infinity (formerly Gold Travel). I switched due to the iPod promo and TD was kind enough to waive my visa card fees. :cheesygri
Jul 4, 2006
599 posts
3 upvotes
Hi RFD,

I would like to know if any of you guys have used the PC MC while shopping in the states and would like to know if they charged commision or is just basicallly straight US exchange without other fees...i hear from people that they get charged the fee and others dont...TIA
May 8, 2005
777 posts
4 upvotes
lame23 wrote: Hi RFD,

I would like to know if any of you guys have used the PC MC while shopping in the states and would like to know if they charged commision or is just basicallly straight US exchange without other fees...i hear from people that they get charged the fee and others dont...TIA
I've used it to buy things in the States and online at US sites - I've only ever been charged the exchange.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21124 posts
5803 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
lame23 wrote: I would like to know if any of you guys have used the PC MC while shopping in the states and would like to know if they charged commision or is just basicallly straight US exchange without other fees...i hear from people that they get charged the fee and others dont...TIA
There's a 2.5% currency exchange fee built into the exchange rate.
- casual gastronomist -
Jul 4, 2006
599 posts
3 upvotes
THANKS FOR THE REPLY....i guess i should avoid using my pc mc while in the US.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21124 posts
5803 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
lame23 wrote: THANKS FOR THE REPLY....i guess i should avoid using my pc mc while in the US.
All Canadian credit cards have some kind of extra currency exchange fee built into the exchange rate. Most are 2.5%. Some are cheaper. Some are worse.
- casual gastronomist -
Oct 24, 2006
86 posts
Which MC or VISA card with 1% cashback gives you cashback credit each month? I don't want to wait whole year to get it.