Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1568 posts
607 upvotes
Abbotsford

PC Free Form Pork

Can't get much answers from the PC page - anyone know if the "Free form" pork in their hotdogs is real meat, or a slurry with bone etc?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4081 posts
1956 upvotes
Mississauga
oakjefferson wrote: Can't get much answers from the PC page - anyone know if the "Free form" pork in their hotdogs is real meat, or a slurry with bone etc?
As with any store bought hot dog, not to be confused with sausage, it will be whatever scraps and fillers they throw in there.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2007
1568 posts
607 upvotes
Abbotsford
cRaZyRaVr wrote: As with any store bought hot dog, not to be confused with sausage, it will be whatever scraps and fillers they throw in there.
I was under the impression some All Beef are actually just that - if first ingredient is "beef" and that's all that's listed for meat, then it's real?
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4081 posts
1956 upvotes
Mississauga
oakjefferson wrote: I was under the impression some All Beef are actually just that - if first ingredient is "beef" and that's all that's listed for meat, then it's real?
Show me any that just say beef or pork or chicken. None do. There is a reason for hot dog "meat" not looking like meat at all.
It might say all beef, what that means is whatever beef cuts, scraps etc. and no other meat type was added.