Aug 3, 2018
70 posts
237 upvotes

PC Insiders 3 month free trial-New Subscribers Only

Deal Link:
Savings:
Expiry:
October 31, 2020
Picked up my PC Express order and saw a flyer stuck in my groceries indicating a 3 month free trial of the PC Insiders program with promo code PCEXPRESS20. Details of the program are in the link below. Been using the Express service a lot recently and with the Insiders program you don't pay the fee so I will be signing up pretty much based on that alone.

I know the PC Insiders programs made a number of changes recently and a lot of people may not find it as valuable but hey, free is free. Just make sure you call in 5 days before your trial expires or else it will auto renew for the year. You can also deactivate your subscription right away and you will keep your benefits until the end of your trial period.

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/insiders/en/

As pointed out by user dekay the offer is only valid for first time subscribers.
Last edited by bphills on Oct 10th, 2020 10:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
134 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2144 posts
2061 upvotes
Thanks OP.
Any indication as to the code expiry date? Can we still use the code PCEXPRESS20 in December?
Sep 19, 2014
34 posts
35 upvotes
Saint-Andre-d'Argent…
Just subscribed. The promo code is valid.

Thank you
[OP]
Aug 3, 2018
70 posts
237 upvotes
ahoroba wrote: Thanks OP.
Any indication as to the code expiry date? Can we still use the code PCEXPRESS20 in December?
October 31, 2020
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1283 posts
575 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this message:
Sorry, this offer is valid on first-time annual subscriptions only.

Only works for first time subscribers.
[OP]
Aug 3, 2018
70 posts
237 upvotes
dekay wrote: Got this message:
Sorry, this offer is valid on first-time annual subscriptions only.

Only works for first time subscribers.
Thanks. I did not know this. I've updated the post
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2144 posts
2061 upvotes
bphills wrote: Thanks. I did not know this. I've updated the post
You may want to add "New Subscribers Only" to the title of the thread, too.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1440 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
What would one describe as the main benefits of the PC insiders? Are there special offers etc?

Just to confirm, they don't charge you UNTIL the trial is over? When I go through the checkout screen it appears as though they want me to "pay now". I trust the OP but would want at least another individual to confirm it possible.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2897 posts
905 upvotes
If you buy PC Organics products, or baby products, then you will find this PC Insiders program very valuable.

If not, then it’s a waste of your time IMO.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
2190 posts
1216 upvotes
Vancouveresque
kid_icarus wrote: What would one describe as the main benefits of the PC insiders? Are there special offers etc?

Just to confirm, they don't charge you UNTIL the trial is over? When I go through the checkout screen it appears as though they want me to "pay now". I trust the OP but would want at least another individual to confirm it possible.

Thanks!
Free PC Express pickup is pretty much the best perk of the program. It's been slowly cut back over the few years since it was introduced, with this year's changes being the most brutal. Unless you're intending upon picking up groceries every week, or buy a lot of PC brand products, I wouldn't recommend it.
Nobody cares which exploitative corporations you give your money to every month. Capitalism is a plague on this planet. Get that crap out of your signature.
Mar 3, 2018
25 posts
75 upvotes
jt05mi wrote: If you buy PC Organics products, or baby products, then you will find this PC Insiders program very valuable.

Actually, it's 10% back on all President's Choice lines (PC, PC Free Form, PC Blue Menu, PC Organics) and Joe Fresh items, priority & free PC Express pick-up and 5% back on PC travel bookings (I believe it's a 3-day minimum rental car or hotel bookings).
If you pay attention and work it, it's worth it.
Koodo $41 - 13GB+1000 Intl LD
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1566 upvotes
Tee . Oh
kid_icarus wrote: Just to confirm, they don't charge you UNTIL the trial is over? When I go through the checkout screen it appears as though they want me to "pay now". I trust the OP but would want at least another individual to confirm it possible.
Yup, they don't charge until the trial is over. They don't give the welcome box though until after the trial is over.
Images
  • pcoptimum.JPG
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]
Oct 21, 2014
51 posts
63 upvotes
Richmond, BC
jt05mi wrote: If you buy PC Organics products, or baby products, then you will find this PC Insiders program very valuable.

They’ve changed the whole program now. It’s now a flat 10% back in points on all PC products with no more baby bonuses. It doesn’t combine with 20x at shoppers or other whole department/store offer at all stores according to the new terms. Supposedly it will combine with personal offers. That makes it much less useful in my point of view. I can usually get back far more than 10% just by timing most purchases correctly around other promotions.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1452 posts
5089 upvotes
Albertariolandbec

That is the old program. The new one differs very much from that one. Now it's 10% back in points in ALL pc products.
What's in your wallet?
Oct 16, 2007
789 posts
33 upvotes
Zero wrote: Yup, they don't charge until the trial is over. They don't give the welcome box though until after the trial is over.
Can u cancel 1 day before trial is over so that u dont get charged?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2897 posts
905 upvotes
Eightdays wrote: They’ve changed the whole program now. It’s now a flat 10% back in points on all PC products with no more baby bonuses. It doesn’t combine with 20x at shoppers or other whole department/store offer at all stores according to the new terms. Supposedly it will combine with personal offers. That makes it much less useful in my point of view. I can usually get back far more than 10% just by timing most purchases correctly around other promotions.
Wow! Where have I been. I stand corrected. Thanks for the info!
Temp. Banned
Aug 17, 2002
2245 posts
1566 upvotes
Tee . Oh
boumbo wrote: Can u cancel 1 day before trial is over so that u dont get charged?
I deactivated as soon as I subscribed. So I don't have to worry about anything.
Images
  • pcoptimum2.JPG
................\ \ | / /................
(o o)
====oOOo=(_)=oOOo====
Trending Deals:
[*FREE* Glasses!] [Lenovo 28" IPS 4K 60Hz Display] [Polk Audio Subwoofer] [Cheap G-Shock Like Watch]