• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2021 2:01 am
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
577 posts
267 upvotes
Port Moody

PC Insiders Account Suspended

Looks like the changes to PC Insiders regarding possible account suspension are legit. I'm not sure what triggered mine, but I think it's my orders from shoppers drug mart online with free shipping. My membership was a trial and due to expire this month anyway, so I just canceled. Looks like they don't want you to benefit too much from the program. I hit a $700 savings - so i wonder if they cut you off at a dollar amount? Anyway, this was the email i got:

"We have identified unusual activity on your PC Insiders subscription account(s). Your program benefits have been suspended while we investigate. If your benefits are reinstated, you will be awarded any PC Optimum points applicable to your eligible purchases while your benefits were suspended."

"Investigate" ... this probably entails them doing nothing but suspending your account until you call in to get it opened up again. Should be interesting to see if they contact me after I've canceled. Lol
2 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2009
5120 posts
2306 upvotes
Did you create multiple accounts and then merge bonus points earned to 1 account?

Someone here lost a lot of points after they got caught creating numerous accounts and then pooling.

Honestly, you should know if you abused a program.
[OP]
Nov 12, 2012
577 posts
267 upvotes
Port Moody
renoldman wrote: Did you create multiple accounts and then merge bonus points earned to 1 account?

Someone here lost a lot of points after they got caught creating numerous accounts and then pooling.

Honestly, you should know if you abused a program.
Nope. I have one account, and my PC Optimum points are in good standing. Like I said, I suspect my frequent free shipping with Shoppers is why they suspended my PC Insiders account (I hit a threshold they flag). It has nothing to do with abuse, and more to do with them losing money with me as a member.