Jun 19, 2015
778 posts
695 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Personally, I am all set

But wondering where you all are getting these codes from
Which is WHY I asked @0707DHToronto

That one, THX2020 was from a PCO Thanksgiving Email

Seems to be quite a few codes floating around right now
Care to share the source for this PCEXPRESS20 one ?
I found it in the Hot Deals section of RFD. Someone said they found a coupon with their PC Express pickup order containing the code

pc-insiders-3-month-free-trial-new-subs ... y-2408781/
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1287 posts
1017 upvotes
Halifax
77C5114B-7E4E-4B2C-8394-4AB25A09091B.png
Okay - what I see from my last shop at Shoppers :

1. Household shareable
2. Stacks with 20X
3. Stacks with Personal Offers
4. Rounds UP and not down

All four are positives. Definitely sticking with it.
A fan of RFD
Mar 22, 2020
297 posts
199 upvotes
I am still getting 20% on organics and nothing on regular PC products?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1362 posts
824 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Canoes4Fun wrote: I am still getting 20% on organics and nothing on regular PC products?
Are you a resident of Quebec?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1287 posts
1017 upvotes
Halifax
Lets get some more data points.

DATE
PC Insiders Old vs NEW
and is is SDM or Loblaws ( specify store ) .

Theorizing that SDM is programmed first as they as far less PC Products..... we should be able to prove it right or wrong

For me :

Oct 11 and 12 SATURDAY and SUNDAY SDM NS - NEW Insiders System

Oct 10 FRIDAY Atlantic Superstore - OLD Insiders System
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1287 posts
1017 upvotes
Halifax
rdiamond1 wrote: Lets get some more data points.

DATE
PC Insiders Old vs NEW
and is is SDM or Loblaws ( specify store ) .

Theorizing that SDM is programmed first as they as far less PC Products..... we should be able to prove it right or wrong

For me :

Oct 11 and 12 SATURDAY and SUNDAY SDM NS - NEW Insiders System

Oct 10 FRIDAY Atlantic Superstore - OLD Insiders System

This morning - Oct 14th it worked at Superstore. 10 Points back per dollar on PC products.
A fan of RFD
Mar 22, 2020
297 posts
199 upvotes
No Frills - Ontario - still 20 on PC organics nothing on PC.
Mar 22, 2020
297 posts
199 upvotes
Looks like they adjusted my points for the PC products on last 2 orders.
Oct 30, 2018
130 posts
94 upvotes
Pharmer wrote: I used to get 20% back in points on SDM luxury cosmetics even when I redeem points for it.
Did they change that? I don't get any more points if I choose redeem option.
Hi this wasn't clear to me reading back.

Does PC insiders still offer 20% in points on luxury beauty? and if so, while redeeming points as well?
Mar 6, 2015
523 posts
196 upvotes
Center of the univer…
Tried the collect & pickup a few months ago. Not impressed. Combination of sale items going out of stock and getting replaced with non-sale items, no pm, store items not available online or making me wait 1 hour after my allocated time once somehow.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15001 posts
12118 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
zyngasweater wrote: Tried the collect & pickup a few months ago. Not impressed. Combination of sale items going out of stock and getting replaced with non-sale items, no pm, store items not available online or making me wait 1 hour after my allocated time once somehow.
There’s a bit of a learning curve to buying groceries online

The secret to success with PC Express / Click & Collect is not just utilizing the SUBSTITUTIONS - YES or NO category
BUT ... also using the INSTRUCTIONS field ... that appears beside it for every item you add to your Shopping Cart

Saying just YES or NO then you are fully at the mercy of the personal shopper assigned

But, using the INSTRUCTIONS Field means you’ve told them EXACTLY what your parameters are

Example (from a post I did in another RFD thread)
I have coached others thru the process at PC Express / Loblaws Group ... you definitely got to use more than the SUBSTITUTIONS = YES check box ... for best results you also gotta make notes in the INSTRUCTIONS field beside it ... and make those instructions crystal clear ... otherwise you really are at the mercy of the shopper you are assigned

Examples:

Ordered = PC No Pulp OJ (1.75 Litre)
Substitutions = YES
Instructions = Looking for No Pulp OJ, can be any brand, this size or larger

Ordered = Kraft Singles Cheese Slices (24 pkg)
Substitutions = NO

Ordered = Campbell’s Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup
Substitutions = YES
Instructions = Any Chicken Flavour of Campbell’s Chunky Soup

Ordered = Club Pack Pork Loin Chop Boneless @ $ 3.49 / lb = Store Estimate $ 7.50 for pkg of 9 Chops
Substitution = YES
Instructions = Looking for 9 to 12 of these chops ... up to $ 10 / pkg

No clear info / instructions on your order Regarding substitutions... and you get what you get
Clear INSTRUCTIONS to the Shopper, and the experience can be extremely good ... and no real surprises on either items received or cost charged
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14704 posts
4093 upvotes
Substitutions can mean higher cost and the loss of personalized offers if it's not the same brand. But not accepting substitutions can drop the total price below minimum spend thresholds, so...

I've never used PC Express and that's part of the reason why
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15001 posts
12118 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Substitutions can mean higher cost and the loss of personalized offers if it's not the same brand. But not accepting substitutions can drop the total price below minimum spend thresholds, so...

I've never used PC Express and that's part of the reason why
Ya no one says it’s an exact science ... or precisely how you might do it ... IF you were shopping yourself

it’s a trade off for sure ... of convenience ... time vs money
(or safety due to Covid, and not shopping in person )

With some prep / strategy ... one can indeed get better at the whole experience over time tho

As I said, it’s about using that INSTRUCTIONS Field to your best advantage.

If your aim is to spend a certain amount ... be it meet a minimum, or not go overboard on a particular item

The clearer the instructions ... the better the result.

I won’t get charged for the more expensive FREE FROM Chicken if I say, I don’t want that

If I say my aim is to spend $ X on Chops, I won’t get less ... if I clearly say I need 9 to 12 ... not 3 or 4
(they’ll know enough to buy Multiples of the smaller pkgs)

I have an offer for Kraft Singles ... then my instructions will say SUBSTITUTIONS = NO
As Black Diamond or No Name isn’t what I truly want

Etc
Mar 6, 2015
523 posts
196 upvotes
Center of the univer…
PointsHubby wrote: Ya no one says it’s an exact science ... or precisely how you might do it ... IF you were shopping yourself

it’s a trade off for sure ... of convenience ... time vs money
(or safety due to Covid, and not shopping in person )

With some prep / strategy ... one can indeed get better at the whole experience over time tho

As I said, it’s about using that INSTRUCTIONS Field to your best advantage.

If your aim is to spend a certain amount ... be it meet a minimum, or not go overboard on a particular item

The clearer the instructions ... the better the result.

I won’t get charged for the more expensive FREE FROM Chicken if I say, I don’t want that

If I say my aim is to spend $ X on Chops, I won’t get less ... if I clearly say I need 9 to 12 ... not 3 or 4
(they’ll know enough to buy Multiples of the smaller pkgs)

I have an offer for Kraft Singles ... then my instructions will say SUBSTITUTIONS = NO
As Black Diamond or No Name isn’t what I truly want

Etc
How's price match with pc express?
There was a week where RCSS had 2l pepsi for $1 but that item was not available on their website for some reason.
Ever had pickups that were delayed beyond your allocated slot?