PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 9:23 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11249 posts
3501 upvotes
Toronto
My membership expiring end of August. Probably will cancel it until they offer some other good promo for me to join.
Last year, they gave me $100k in Pts which is equivalent of the $99 annual fee (I paid tax on that $99)
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1586 posts
639 upvotes
Center of the univer…
i dont think they are going to offer as good of a deal for renewal... at that point they know you are not interested in the program. Initial subscription is different as they want you to try it to assess if it is worth it for you... but clearly if it is not and you dont wanna renew than why would a company offer it for free again to you, they are just losing money at that point...
Oct 6, 2016
240 posts
77 upvotes
Burnaby
MP3_SKY wrote: My membership expiring end of August. Probably will cancel it until they offer some other good promo for me to join.
Last year, they gave me $100k in Pts which is equivalent of the $99 annual fee (I paid tax on that $99)
I was stupid not to pay for annual subscription. Got monthly instead and got nothing.
Gonna cancel my pc insiders.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11249 posts
3501 upvotes
Toronto
RiasatAbir wrote: I was stupid not to pay for annual subscription. Got monthly instead and got nothing.
Gonna cancel my pc insiders.
Yes, I went Annual and got a free gift box few months later.
Most stuff inside are useless to me except the black label syrup.

I won't pay $99 for the insider, depends on the deal they offer, I may re-join the program.
Oct 6, 2016
240 posts
77 upvotes
Burnaby
MP3_SKY wrote: Yes, I went Annual and got a free gift box few months later.
Most stuff inside are useless to me except the black label syrup.

I won't pay $99 for the insider, depends on the deal they offer, I may re-join the program.
I joined because there was a 50$ worth pc points for joining.
I paid for 2 months i'm going to cancel it, still haven't received the points yet.
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11249 posts
3501 upvotes
Toronto
RiasatAbir wrote: I joined because there was a 50$ worth pc points for joining.
I paid for 2 months i'm going to cancel it, still haven't received the points yet.
Is it because you join the monthly and not annual.
If they gave you $50 worth of pts so they probably require you to join the annual one, not monthly.
Oct 6, 2016
240 posts
77 upvotes
Burnaby
MP3_SKY wrote: Is it because you join the monthly and not annual.
If they gave you $50 worth of pts so they probably require you to join the annual one, not monthly.
The deal was just for joining, no mention of annual or monthly. But it said it would take 4-6 weeks to get the points.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
I figured this is as good as thread as any to ask but has the selection of groceries gone WAY down since like 6 months ago?
Most of the stuff I buy isn't even listed any more.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15105 posts
12195 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
death_hawk wrote: I figured this is as good as thread as any to ask but has the selection of groceries gone WAY down since like 6 months ago?
As in not listed on the Insiders List of items with Extra Points .. or not STACKABLE as they were in the past
(Diapers, Organics, PC Black Label, Joe Fresh, etc)

Or not listed on your Weekly Personal Offers ...

Two very different questions.

IMO, One belongs in this topic, the former ... while the other, the latter... in the more general RFD PCO Topic
pc-optimum-discussion-thread-2019-2257875/
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1421 posts
903 upvotes
Vancouver
Got an email from RCSS to join PC Insiders and receive 25,000 PC Optimum points. Pretty cold considering they had an offer for 50,000 points prior.

I might just take the 25% discount from RFD. I'll be missing out on way too many points (and I already have been) considering I need diapers soon.
Images
  • Untitled.jpeg
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2828 posts
1349 upvotes
Sudbury
When do they usually send your gift? I've been a member for around 6 months now and haven't received anything yet.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15105 posts
12195 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
kanewtz wrote: When do they usually send your gift? I've been a member for around 6 months now and haven't received anything yet.
In the first year of PC Insiders (Nov 20, 2017 to Nov 20, 2018) there were 2 Gifts
One went out around the end of June / early July 2018
You can read about it here (post by @nadia_g )
pc-insiders-paid-membership-99-per-year ... #p29500099

And the second around Mid November 2018
You can read about it here (post by @Jenny1975 )
pc-insiders-paid-membership-99-per-year ... #p30068647

If you go back to those 2 posts / pages ... and read a bit you’ll learn more
Plus IIRC some RFDers posted pics

This year, there is only one gift box ... as they changed the T&Cs of Membership once they opened membership it to one and all
(not by INVITATION ONLY for PC+ CC Holders Only)
I assume it will come out towards the end of the year, to mark the PC Insiders Anniversary in November

I also assume it will only be sent out to those who are current members at that point in time

* PS ... RFD FORUMS and topics are all searchable
I found these old posts by using the WORDS = Surprise Box
In the SEARCH BOX at the top of this thread
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: As in not listed on the Insiders List of items with Extra Points .. or not STACKABLE as they were in the past
(Diapers, Organics, PC Black Label, Joe Fresh, etc)

Or not listed on your Weekly Personal Offers ...
I meant as in items that are purchasable via whatever their online ordering is called now. Most of the items in my past orders aren't listed any more.
I figured this is the best place for it because the main purpose of the membership is for grocery pickups.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15105 posts
12195 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
death_hawk wrote: I figured this is as good as thread as any to ask but has the selection of groceries gone WAY down since like 6 months ago?
death_hawk wrote: I meant as in items that are purchasable via whatever their online ordering is called now. Most of the items in my past orders aren't listed any more.
I figured this is the best place for it because the main purpose of the membership is for grocery pickups.
Gotcha.

You mean as listed on your store’s Click & Collect Website.

I don’t use Click & Collect to order groceries for pick up ... I do use the website though to do Grocery checks to see what my local PC+ Loblaws Group Store is charging for a particular item ... or what sizes they carry etc. So as a price comparison tool against what I might see with other Retailers in their Flipp Listed flyer in any given week.

Mind you, in my case / my store ... I have found MY STORE’s Click & Collect Website to be Price Accurate ... in that the prices on it are the same, be the item bought instore or online.

This is not true evidently for ALL STORE’s Click & Collect Websites ... where some RFDers have seen prices differ between Instore & Online.

Personally ... pretty much everything I have asked the Click & Collect Website to find / want to price check ... it has. So I have not seen any notable decrease in inventory listed on the website in regards to items available.

If you have... then it’s most likely a store issue. Cuz as I said, it is my understanding that to some extent each store is responsible for their own Click & Collect Website / Inventory Listed there.

Maybe this is a question you should ask YOUR STORE Management ... or even the Instore Click & Collect Team.

“Hey what happened to Product ____ ... it used to be listed on the Website, and now it’s not “
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
12975 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: Mind you, in my case / my store ... I have found MY STORE’s Click & Collect Website to be Price Accurate ... in that the prices on it are the same, be the item bought instore or online.

This is not true evidently for ALL STORE’s Click & Collect Websites ... where some RFDers have seen prices differ between Instore & Online.
I've never actually looked that closely to be honest. Interesting to know though.

But this is across all of GVRD (the lack of product selection)

To be fair, a lot of it is ethnic based but some stuff is just artificially removed (ginger beer for example solely because it has the word "beer" in it)