Shopping Discussion

PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2020 10:27 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1351 posts
335 upvotes
I've been able to get diapers for like $8/box when there were personalized offers, in store offers, PCI points and instore coupons before. And we use Express pickup all the time now that we have two kids. We have made our money back many times over from having PCI.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4140 posts
771 upvotes
Richmond
ariel wrote: Cancelled my membership today. They are investigating why baby formula is always sold out at my store. Too bad they didn't investigate the last 3 times I complained to the store manager, maybe would've kept a member
I know why. It's due to the baby formula resellers because China can't be bothered to have quality control on their domestically produced formula.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 12, 2005
1039 posts
429 upvotes
bluebellrose wrote: I know why. It's due to the baby formula resellers because China can't be bothered to have quality control on their domestically produced formula.
Their manager straight up told me the kind I need is their #1 stolen item in the whole store. Last time, they had 11 units showing in inventory and zero on the shelves. Why don't do they just lock it up at customer service like every other Loblaws store in the neighbourhood? No one knows and they obviously don't care enough to stop it. If you do the math, assuming 3 shipments a week (which they told me they get), the kind I buy alone would cost like $1500 a week in thefts. They've gotta be bleeding money, why don't do they do something? Especially when I told them several times they should just lock it up. Legitimate paying customers just go to their competitor a few blocks away
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15192 posts
12346 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Simby wrote: Considering signing up since I need to buy diapers and formula. It seems like 20% back in points so I break even after $500 of purchases? Any sign up discount promos like the $50 points?
The PCO Birthday / Anniversary Event is coming up
January 23rd thru 26th
There will be all sorts of PCO Points Promos then
I DEFINITELY EXPECT something to run for NEW PC Insiders sign up
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 25, 2015
640 posts
319 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Ojnimo wrote: Does PC insiders work on baby wipes?
I bought the PC baby wipes. The $10 ones and didnt get any points. I was too busy to ask them why and forgot about it. Maybe other brands might qualify.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 25, 2015
640 posts
319 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Just wanted to share some info. So far very happy with the PC insiders. Signed up last year with the free promo and also got the 50k points without any hustle. Received the gift even that I didnt know they would send me one. The $99 travel voucher is awesome. I had some issues last year with it and I called them. Told them that I had found a cheaper flight and I wanted a price match, no problem there, on top of that they applied the voucher. This year didnt have to call at all, it seems like they have fixed some site issues. Found a flight from YVR YUL round trip for around $400, with $99 off, came up to around 300. Cant beat that. So the $99 is annually. If I will renew again this year the $99 will go back to my account. Pampers is the other way I made points on this. If I decide not to renew, before it expires, i will load up on boxes of pampers. Roughly know how many we need on each size and wait for any promo. I have a feeling it might not apply to previous subscribers so I'll get my wife to do it.

I didnt use the online free pick up or beauty thingy. Buying joefresh only in store. They have nice clothes but lack quality.
Last edited by Piklishi on Jan 19th, 2020 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1841 posts
1019 upvotes
@PointsHubby
There's a thread already in hot deal, can't find it atm.
Extra 50k points on sign up during Jan. 23 to 26.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15192 posts
12346 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
jay-em wrote: @PointsHubby
There's a thread already in hot deal, can't find it atm.
Extra 50k points on sign up during Jan. 23 to 26.
Thanks for the heads up ...
Found it!

loblaws-50k-pco-points-subscription-2349265/

I will be sure and pass this info along too in the RFD PCO Annual thread as well as part of the info surrounding the PCO Program Birthday / Anniversary Event

EDIT / ADD - @bylo looks like we were posting at the same time
But your graphic is far more effective than my link
Thx
Jr. Member
Jul 18, 2007
172 posts
133 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any chance I can cancel and pay the prorated amount and sign up with my wife’s account as she will be a New subscriber? And is it for first time subscribers?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15192 posts
12346 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
gagigagu wrote: Any chance I can cancel and pay the prorated amount and sign up with my wife’s account as she will be a New subscriber? And is it for first time subscribers?
The answers to your Questions are going to be found most likely in the HOT DEALS thread
Where this promo is getting a lot of discussion
Including past experiences from last years PCO Birthday / Anniversary Event
loblaws-50k-pco-points-subscription-jan-23-26-2349265/
Jr. Member
May 11, 2008
172 posts
76 upvotes
Milton
PointsHubby wrote: The answers to your Questions are going to be found most likely in the HOT DEALS thread
Where this promo is getting a lot of discussion
Including past experiences from last years PCO Birthday / Anniversary Event
loblaws-50k-pco-points-subscription-jan-23-26-2349265/
Round and round we go... The thread says to check here for info on if you can use the promotion code on an account that was created last year.
Cheers 'n Beers.
Haz.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15192 posts
12346 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
pilothaz wrote: Round and round we go... The thread says to check here for info on if you can use the promotion code on an account that was created last year.
Lol WHERE exactly does it say that ?

I authored a good bit of that HOT DEALS thread, and as far as I can see

It says:

Refer to this thread for more GENERAL info about the PC Insiders Program (Reply # 4)
Refer to this thread for info on the $ 99 Travel Certificate (Reply # 32)
Or the Annual Gift Box

And refer to the RFD Ongoing PCO Thread = pc-optimum-discussion-thread-2020-2348789/
For General info about the PCO Program or the Upcoming PCO 2nd Birthday / Anniversary Celebration

But nothing To refer here about Promotion Codes, or how this years Birthday / Anniversary Promotion is applied

If anything it says ... The POINTS2020 Offer is NOT STACKABLE with any other offers (Reply # 28)

Believe the answers you seek lie in Replies # 3, 8, 9, 11, 12, 15, 29, 52
Where others are sharing their experiences with past promo codes for PC Insiders Membership

So ya everything you need to know about that promotion ... resides where it should in that HOT DEALS thread
Last edited by PointsHubby on Jan 20th, 2020 1:01 am, edited 9 times in total.
Member
Nov 29, 2019
271 posts
102 upvotes
pilothaz wrote: Round and round we go... The thread says to check here for info on if you can use the promotion code on an account that was created last year.
Haha I came from that thread which said to check here for more info also! lmao

I just wanna know my subscription ends Feb 27th, so if I cancel now, what happens to my current rate? Can't I do it like Costco and just renew during this promo period and extend my membership by another year and get the 50k pts? That would just be so easy.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15192 posts
12346 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
MaanitS29496 wrote: Haha I came from that thread which said to check here for more info also! lmao

I just wanna know my subscription ends Feb 27th, so if I cancel now, what happens to my current rate? Can't I do it like Costco and just renew during this promo period and extend my membership by another year and get the 50k pts? That would just be so easy.
More info on the PC Insiders Program ... not on this particular offer

For more info / clarification, read the Reply # 955 above that I wrote to @pilothaz
Newbie
Dec 24, 2018
8 posts
[GatewayTransactionError] Transaction declined.481 - General Transaction Error.

I can't proceed subscription with this error. Does anyone know why?
I tried 4 cards, but all cards are the same.
Images
  • error.png
Sr. Member
Sep 8, 2006
885 posts
543 upvotes
Edmonton
Piklishi wrote: I bought the PC baby wipes. The $10 ones and didnt get any points. I was too busy to ask them why and forgot about it. Maybe other brands might qualify.
I bought 2 box of wipes last week on separate transactions and did not get points either. I submitted a ticket through the app and got the points awarded right away.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2011
1203 posts
1711 upvotes
Toronto
Simby wrote: I bought 2 box of wipes last week on separate transactions and did not get points either. I submitted a ticket through the app and got the points awarded right away.
Wipes do not receive Insiders points, only Formula and Diapers.

Top