PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2020 10:27 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2007 posts
612 upvotes
Toronto
Got my gift box yesterday delivered by UPS and shipped by Baskits.

Pizza kit -

1 kg Bag of PC "00" flour (black label)
9" wooden rolling pin
350 ml jar of PC Pizza Sauce (black label)
280 ml jar of roasted cherry tomatoes (black label)
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1039 posts
429 upvotes
joo wrote: Got my gift box yesterday delivered by UPS and shipped by Baskits.

Pizza kit -

1 kg Bag of PC "00" flour (black label)
9" wooden rolling pin
350 ml jar of PC Pizza Sauce (black label)
280 ml jar of roasted cherry tomatoes (black label)
Wow I wish they send me that. I can't find 00 flour anywhere!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2004
1671 posts
88 upvotes
I got the pizza kit too, which was nice since I was wondering what to make for dinner anyway. The rolling pin is pretty useless..especially since mine came all dented, but I have one already. I previously got the Nov 2019 package (which was rather useless), but I'm surprised I got 2. I like the idea of tailoring them for a specific meal. They should keep up that concept.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18786 posts
6349 upvotes
Toronto
I gotta contact them about the gift. Didn't get anything last year and so far nothing!
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15187 posts
12340 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
DaVibe wrote: I gotta contact them about the gift. Didn't get anything last year and so far nothing!
Are you an Annual Subscriber
Or just month to month ?

Only Annual Subscribers qualify for the Gift Boxes
SURPRISE GIFT (Annual Subscriptions Only)

At least once per calendar year, we will make available a “surprise gift” which may include items such as product samples to current subscribers. All items cannot be returned to store for refund, credit or exchange. All items subject to availability; no substitutions. We will determine the contents and timing of any surprise gifts; gifts may vary by subscriber and by geographic location. You must be a current subscriber at the time we make any surprise gift available to receive this benefit.
https://www.pcinsiders.ca/en/terms-and-conditions
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18786 posts
6349 upvotes
Toronto
PointsHubby wrote: Are you an Annual Subscriber
Or just month to month ?

Only Annual Subscribers qualify for the Gift Boxes

X
Annual. Last year I didn't get it, they sent me some points instead. Reading your post about a Feb / March box, I'm just wondering if it's happening all over again.
I'm going to speak to someone about it
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
1234 posts
1748 upvotes
pawprints86 wrote: Just thought id post a heads up in case anyone might not think of it... i just cancelled my free month trial before they billed me for a month for no reason. with covid and pickup fees waived anyway, theres literally no point to stay joined at this point... as it is i only got to take advantage of one pickup before crap started hitting the fan, and im immune compromised already so ive just been home... But yeah, just in case anyone hadnt thought of it I thought id mention it...
2 accounts cancelled.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5987 posts
1827 upvotes
Montreal
DaVibe wrote: Annual. Last year I didn't get it, they sent me some points instead. Reading your post about a Feb / March box, I'm just wondering if it's happening all over again.
I'm going to speak to someone about it
Looking back, I think I'm in the same boat. I signed up for an annual plan in Dec 2018 and have only received two boxes. I know I received one not long after signing up but I can't remember what was in it. I received a second box towards the end of the summer with the BBQ scraper. Hopefully I'll get this pizza kit.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21429 posts
15551 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I realize cynics will be cynics, but IMO this email seems genuine and heartfelt [my bold]:
Galen Weston wrote:Hi Everyone,

There continues to be lots going on out there in our stores. I hope you are all managing ok with your own personal situations. On our end, teams have made incredible adjustments - as just about everything has changed in our stores in the last two weeks. I’m pleased to report that across much of the country we are mostly operating in a stable 'new normal'. My most heartfelt thanks for your patience, understanding and support.

Having said that, I am writing to you today because I am troubled by growing reports of people ignoring social distancing requests while shopping. Some people are coming in groups or bringing family, treating shopping as a social outing. Others are making uncomfortable jokes about being COVID-19 positive while leaning around protective screens. On the surface, these kinds of actions can seem harmless, but they are quite concerning for other customers and colleagues. Although incidents like this are still rare, frustrations are growing. So, please do everything you can to be respectful of the protocols we have put in place - for everyone’s safety.

On another note, there are many of you who are trying our PC Express e-commerce service. I know that because it is now running at three times the normal levels. Two weeks ago, we’d have an order ready in an hour. Now, it can take four days or more. We are taking steps to improve, reducing the available assortment on the website to help us to pick your order more quickly, and opening new time slots for pick-up. Over the next few weeks we will look for ways to increase our capacity even more.

In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to help improve your experience. For example, plan ahead and place your order a few days before you need your groceries. If your local PC Express is busy, select another one nearby. Finally, keep in mind that this service is invaluable for those who are sick, isolated, or vulnerable. So, if you are healthy and mobile, do your best to get to the store.

One last tip: If you are finding your visits a bit too crowded in your local store, try shopping at a different time of day. We notice that in many stores evening hours are the best. You can check your store’s listing on Google Maps to get a sense of the quieter times on any given day.

That’s all for now. Stay kind.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 14, 2015
74 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For those of you who are received a gift box this week, when did you get your notification email? I received an email on March 2 that said to expect a surprise box soon, but I have not received it yet. Just looking for a time frame reference.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2316 posts
968 upvotes
wpgsahm wrote: For those of you who are received a gift box this week, when did you get your notification email? I received an email on March 2 that said to expect a surprise box soon, but I have not received it yet. Just looking for a time frame reference.

Thanks!
Got the same email on March 2 and would like to know the answer to your question too.
Jan 23, 2020
9 posts
6 upvotes
@wpgsahm @drunkgoat

Got the e-mail on the 2nd, and just received the package today (in Calgary.) Sure you guys will see it soon :)
Public Mobile Referral Code for $10 off your first bill, ZYVM3O
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15187 posts
12340 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
psyko514 wrote: Looking back, I think I'm in the same boat. I signed up for an annual plan in Dec 2018 and have only received two boxes. I know I received one not long after signing up but I can't remember what was in it. I received a second box towards the end of the summer with the BBQ scraper. Hopefully I'll get this pizza kit.
Truth is ... it’s now 1 Gift Box per year (since January 2019)
* See my Reply # 993 copied below

If you’ve been a member since December 2018, then you have received the correct number of Gift Boxes so far

If not this one ... you’ll be getting the second mail out later in 2020
PointsHubby wrote: It used to be 2 FREE Gifts annually
(Was that way when the PC Insiders Program was beta tested / first launched ... November 2017 thru December 2018 )

Then in January 2019
The program changed radically ...
When they began admitting ANYONE ... not just folks who had a PC+ Credit Card
At the same time, they scaled back to 1 FREE Gift annually ... for those who take a year long $ 99 Membership
(See T&Cs for current wording)

They seem to still be doing a mail out of the gift 2x a year
But that seems only for their convenience to reach everyone
Including the folks who now sign up / renew any other month than November (the annual Anniversary Date for this program)

YEAR # 1 = Nov 2017 to Nov 2018
Gift # 1 - June 2018 - Bamboo Cutting Board & Assortment of Black Label Products
Gift # 2 - Nov 2018 - Assorted Presidents Choice Products

YEAR # 2 = Nov 2018 to Nov 2019
Gift # 1A - July 2019 - Presidents Choice Wooden BBQ Scraper & Assortment of Black Label Products
Gift # 1B - Nov 2019 - Coffee Mug & Assortment of Presidents Choice Products

YEAR # 3 = Nov 2019 to Nov 2020
Gift # 1 - Feb 2020 - Coffee Mug & Assortment of Presidents Choice Products (slightly different from Nov 2019 - Gift # 1B)

EDIT / ADD

Gift 1 ? - March 2020 - Pizza Rolling Pin & Assortment of Black Label Products

* RFDers are reporting if they got Gift 1A in 2019, then they are getting the first gift box (now) in 2020
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2316 posts
968 upvotes
Any more March 2nd email recipients get their package yet?

That’s pizza flour would be really handy right now!
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11934 posts
1862 upvotes
Vancouver
I guess we get two Special packages per yearly membership? My sub expires May 6.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1057 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone thought about whether they will extend the current year membership by a few months inlight of the Covid19 situation.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15187 posts
12340 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
submalst wrote: Anyone thought about whether they will extend the current year membership by a few months inlight of the Covid19 situation.
I expect it’s coming at some point
Just like other Loyalty Programs as extending Expiry Dates
PLUS ... the fact that due to Covid 19
Click & Collect / PC Express is FREE
And is now focused on providing much needed online shopping to those who are Quarantined, or in Self Isolation ... the latter being a lot of Seniors & Vulnerable Members of Society who are at higher risk

So although TPTB haven’t said it outright
They sort of are discouraging / hoping that the usual demographic shopping for groceries online
(Harried families with young children and NO TIME )
Skip online shopping during this time
So as to free up spots for those who might need them more

All in ...
Makes sense that there will be an extension to compensate
The $ 100 PAID Members for these same services
That are now FREE