Shopping Discussion

PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2023 10:09 pm
Dec 3, 2019
153 posts
295 upvotes
ZeroToHero wrote: Also I'm really confused how they can claim "earn more" when literally all the changes amount to earning less...
Surely that must not be legal?
If you buy $1,000,000 more in PC (non organic) items, you'll now earn 10% on those where you previously earned 0%. Still BS though.
submalst wrote: Rather than cancelling, those that prepaid of the annual membership - you should tell them to honor your the benefits for the full 12 months.
Forget it, with COVID and not being able to use the $99 credit may as well try to get as much money back as possible.
Mar 23, 2017
583 posts
526 upvotes
Canada
My main perk of this using this was 20% on baby products. I think it's totally gone now. Gonna cancel for sure.
Jun 13, 2010
79 posts
62 upvotes
Terrace
Baby products and PC Organics was a huge draw for me. Couple that with adding another $20 per year? No thanks.
Oct 28, 2004
641 posts
243 upvotes
Please post here if anyone is able to get a prorated portion of their annual fee back. I renewed back in July and would be looking to cancel with these changes. I wasn’t able to use my travel credit last year, and it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to use this year’s credit either. Only kept the subscription for the pc organics points back but it’s totally not worth it for me to keep it now.
Apr 22, 2015
411 posts
293 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
The 10% back on dog food would almost pay for my membership since my dog eats the PC nutrition first. This is a nice change for especially now that my kid is 6.
Dec 3, 2019
153 posts
295 upvotes
tropicana wrote: Please post here if anyone is able to get a prorated portion of their annual fee back. I renewed back in July and would be looking to cancel with these changes. I wasn’t able to use my travel credit last year, and it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to use this year’s credit either. Only kept the subscription for the pc organics points back but it’s totally not worth it for me to keep it now.
Proration to the month seems reasonable, it's in the terms.
Feb 28, 2019
85 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Cancelled. Period. Nothing to debate over this program now...it’s not competitive, no loyalty benefits, outrageously expensive...just tied the 10% points to PC products nothing else..remember these points won’t stack anymore with 20x points offer etc..
Deal Expert
Oct 30, 2006
16321 posts
7966 upvotes
Looks like I'm buying diapers and formula from Costco, Amazon, and Walmart.

Removing the travel credit is sleazy considering the pandemic going on. The welcome gift is irrelevant to me since I've yet to receive mine. 10% in points on PC products is decent but not at the expense of the 20%.

You can't even cancel and get a pro-rated refund.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5069 posts
3306 upvotes
I was going to call in and negotiate since my annual membership ends Oct 11, 2020, but I guess there's not much point now.

- Sucks to lose organics because sometimes it made the price almost equal to their non-"organic" counterparts.
- I was hoping to get another $100 travel credit on top of what I should have had this year because of COVID, but they're doing away with it entirely.
- The NAPKINS, coconut water and juice as an annual gift was an eyeroller so not expecting much on future gifts.
- The PC Products 10% addition is nice, but I wish it also included No Name as if I'm not mistaken that also comes from them.
- Price increase is just insensitive and out of touch during a pandemic and higher unemployment.

New program might be worth maybe $40 to me, personally (gift+10% PC products). I can see how others who use the pickup service might see more value though.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
Sorry, so what does this mean if you just recently paid the $99 renewal fee on July 29 2020?

I just discontinued my subscription so it doesn't renew next year but it says my benefits will stay active till July 29 2021

Edit// from the terms and conditions...

We can in our sole discretion change the Annual Subscription Fee with appropriate notice;the new fee will apply to you on the renewal of your subscription.

So if you have already paid for the year it SHOULD be no additional cost
Last edited by adblink182 on Sep 8th, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1062 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Cancelling first thing tomorrow morning 8am. I'm done.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1550 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto
adblink182 wrote: Sorry, so what does this mean if you just recently paid the $99 renewal fee on July 29 2020?

I just discontinued my subscription so it doesn't renew next year but it says my benefits will stay active till July 29 2021
it means that you will lose about 85% of your benefits that you have. Unless you are in Quebec, where it appears they are grandfathered in.
Seems like bait and switch for those that prepaid for the year to take away most of the benefits for some crumbs. You might be able to get a refund (prorated).
Last edited by submalst on Sep 8th, 2020 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 3, 2019
153 posts
295 upvotes
mbarj04 wrote: Cancelled. Period. Nothing to debate over this program now...it’s not competitive, no loyalty benefits, outrageously expensive...just tied the 10% points to PC products nothing else..remember these points won’t stack anymore with 20x points offer etc..
Which number did you call to cancel?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
submalst wrote: it means that they will charge you an extra $20 +tax in Oct, and you will lose about 85% of your benefits that you have today. Unless you are in Quebec, where it appears they are grandfathered in.
Seems like bait and switch for those that prepaid for the year to take away most of the benefits for some crumbs. You might be able to get a refund (prorated).
Unless I read it wrong, from the terms and conditions

We canin our sole discretion change the Annual Subscription Fee with appropriate notice;the new fee will apply to you on the renewal of your subscription.
Feb 28, 2019
85 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
davisml wrote: Which number did you call to cancel?
PC Insiders Contact # 1‑833‑724‑6743 or you can cancel by logging into your PC Insiders account and select manage subscription and select discontinue the subscription
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2006
5313 posts
2518 upvotes
Winnipeg
Looks like I will be buying a s***load of diapers and wipes prior to Oct 8th...
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
12399 posts
4935 upvotes
Toronto
If I just paid $99 last month, I'm good for another year until next yr they will charge $119 on renewal?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Mar 23, 2017
583 posts
526 upvotes
Canada
canuckcolehead wrote: Looks like I will be buying a s***load of diapers and wipes prior to Oct 8th...
Today I bought same pampers before they sent this email. I had 2000 points back for every 10 dollars spent on diapers deal plus they had 7 dollars off on newborn size. I just bought 4 packs :((( if I knew this was gonna happen I would have bought like 15 packs at least of different sizes lol
Aug 11, 2018
286 posts
553 upvotes
Ottawa
MP3_SKY wrote: If I just paid $99 last month, I'm good for another year until next yr they will charge $119 on renewal?
I think you should be good until your renewal date next year. But your rewards will be different starting October 8th.
Nov 21, 2018
41 posts
53 upvotes
Seems like people's shopping habits here are very different than mine. 10% back on all PC products is substantially better for me than 20% on diapers or organics. If that was the only change then they might have gotten me back after I cancelled earlier this year.

However, the loss of the $99 travel credit in combination with the $20 price bump totally ruin the subscription for me. Before it more or less paid for itself after redeeming the credit. Now I'd need to spend hundreds of dollars on PC products before it starts paying off, and/or thousands on travel (which is unlikely to happen in the next year thanks to the pandemic).