PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2023 10:09 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2841 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
rdiamond1 wrote: I used to get those survey papers from Superstore staff and stuff them in my pocket and forget about it.

No More.

This is extremely important for the staff - for each one filled out semi-positive they receive 5 K in PC Optimum points. Sure it does not seem alot but at the end of the week if 20 people do these this is an extra $100 in grocery spend for them and their families.
WIN- WIN.
This is so interesting! I didn't know that. Is there a way to even ask for these survey papers? ;) I haven't seen it for awhile, I thought it was just for trainees.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2353 posts
1997 upvotes
Halifax
silverele wrote: This is so interesting! I didn't know that. Is there a way to even ask for these survey papers? ;) I haven't seen it for awhile, I thought it was just for trainees.
I had a cashier pass me one on Thursday of last week so it is still happening.

@bluebellrose would know for sure.
I am not sure you can ask for them.
I believe the employees must fill them out at the beginning of their shifts and then just randomly hand them out.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4781 posts
1324 upvotes
Richmond
rdiamond1 wrote: I had a cashier pass me one on Thursday of last week so it is still happening.

I believe the employees must fill them out at the beginning of their shifts and then just randomly hand them out.
I fill them out as I cashier so as to not waste tickets so the next cashier has them to hand out. There is also the survey at the bottom of the receipt. Some older cashiers don't bother and just circle the survey part on the bottom of the receipt.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2022
1048 posts
1395 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: I used to get those survey papers from Superstore staff and stuff them in my pocket and forget about it.

No More.

This is extremely important for the staff - for each one filled out semi-positive they receive 5 K in PC Optimum points. Sure it does not seem alot but at the end of the week if 20 people do these this is an extra $100 in grocery spend for them and their families.

In these inflationary times- every cent counts. It is why WE are here right ?

This costs nothing to you but your time. You don't have to be super chatty - just "Good Job!".Keep in mind that Galen cancelled the Covid pay about 2 years ago. The people working here are ESSENTIAL. That has not changed.

Feedback is valuable for a business - they need it. And No - I don't work at Superstore but I have a feeling of what they are paid and there are zero ways we can increase this - but these surveys can.

EDIT: We complain about Galen's profits. Feel like we are helpless. But doing these surveys we can take a small bite out of it - and spread it around to the staff. WIN- WIN.
silverele wrote:
This is so interesting! I didn't know that. Is there a way to even ask for these survey papers? ;) I haven't seen it for awhile, I thought it was just for trainees.
rdiamond1 wrote: I had a cashier pass me one on Thursday of last week so it is still happening.

I started filling them out after a RCSS cashier mentioned that they'd get $5, and she was very friendly, helpful, quick so she definitely deserved it. Most other cashiers don't seem to mention the compensation, I think that may help more customers fill out the survey, if they knew.

I do most of my grocery shopping at my local No Frills where staff have been giving out these surveys for a while too, but when I asked if they receive any sort of compensation, the manager said the Owner "had not opted into such a program."
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2353 posts
1997 upvotes
Halifax
Again I will have to call on @bluebellrose to find out whether No Frills surveys give a 5 K bonus to the employee mentioned.

I use Atlantic Superstore - and I know both stores in my vicinity do reward employees this way.

Are the No Frilils independently owned ? Perhaps they can choose whether or not to participate.

It makes me think that the surveys go to corporate as you are keying in a receipt code. From there - feedback/ bonuses would go to the store/ employees.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4781 posts
1324 upvotes
Richmond
VanCityUser wrote: I started filling them out after a RCSS cashier mentioned that they'd get $5, and she was very friendly, helpful, quick so she definitely deserved it. Most other cashiers don't seem to mention the compensation, I think that may help more customers fill out the survey, if they knew.

I do most of my grocery shopping at my local No Frills where staff have been giving out these surveys for a while too, but when I asked if they receive any sort of compensation, the manager said the Owner "had not opted into such a program."
I guess it might be a corporate only thing Thinking Face. Have not seen a kudos mentioned from a no frills store employee at all. All I can see are kudos from corporate locations.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2022
1048 posts
1395 upvotes
bluebellrose wrote: I guess it might be a corporate only thing Thinking Face. Have not seen a kudos mentioned from a no frills store employee at all. All I can see are kudos from corporate locations.
Makes sense. The no frills employees are usually college aged students and keep changing every couple of months. RCSS has regular employees that have been there far longer.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2353 posts
1997 upvotes
Halifax
Check your receipts for PC Insiders Points.

I was shopping both yesterday and today and did NOT receive any PC Insiders Points.

Yesterday I had PC Hugarian Salami $ 7.99. I put in an Inquiry for 800 points and recieved it within a few hours.

Today I purchased two bags of PC restaurant style tortilla chips. Again No points and I have put in an inquiry.

Points for personal and store offers are showing up - just not Insiders.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2353 posts
1997 upvotes
Halifax
Seriously - it is NOT working.

I order 3 items today that have all collected PC Insiders 10% points in the past, PC Chicken wings and PC Free From Breakfast sausages. Nada.

Also the description has changed on the items and it does not say "PC " anymore.

I hope this is not the way they dismiss the program. There has been ZERO communication. Awful. Quite honestly it is disrespectful to loyal cusomers.

So keep putting in your Points requests. Let others know. Remember to put your Points Inquiries under " PC Insiders Subscription".
Screenshot 2023-10-13 074626.jpg
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
Checked yesterday's receipt and sure enough the insiders points were missing. Thanks for the heads up.
Feb 15, 2007
45 posts
18 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks. Had no issues with my order on the 8th but picked up a few items on the 13th and sure enough the insider points were missing.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1729 posts
3230 upvotes
Ottawa
I just checked my PCO account.

Insider points are still being rewarded for me as of Oct 15.

If they change the 10% back in PCO on PC products, I'm out. I'll keep my grandfathered insiders subscription until then. It's a money maker for me with the 10% back in PC products (we buy a lot of PC stuff)
Feb 15, 2007
45 posts
18 upvotes
Kitchener
I placed another order and had 4 PC products in the order for a total of $18. I checked after and was credited the insiders points for only 1 item ($3) but not the others. Seems kinda random, hopefully they fix the issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
1748 upvotes
Airport Rd & Que…
rdiamond1 wrote: Also the description has changed on the items and it does not say "PC " anymore.
The ones I was missing points from still were labeled "PC " so that doesn't seem to be it. I did get the points but it was super fast so likely not reviewed by a human.

Sort of related, I've gotten this promo code for the second time now.. "Free pick up and delivery for 1 month" instead of the usual weekly 10,000 points for $100 or 15,000 points for $150 in spend. I must admit it is pretty convenient but I don't know how it can be sustainable for my smallish (<$100) twice weekly orders. They must be losing money on the PC Express Pass.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2353 posts
1997 upvotes
Halifax
TripleQ wrote: The ones I was missing points from still were labeled "PC " so that doesn't seem to be it. I did get the points but it was super fast so likely not reviewed by a human.

Sort of related, I've gotten this promo code for the second time now.. "Free pick up and delivery for 1 month" instead of the usual weekly 10,000 points for $100 or 15,000 points for $150 in spend. I must admit it is pretty convenient but I don't know how it can be sustainable for my smallish (<$100) twice weekly orders. They must be losing money on the PC Express Pass.
I may randomly pick out a product tomorrow.... AHHH

I do still get the PC Express offers... at Random times.
They started in February..
These are the dates and the times between.
They started out as 15 K per $100 or $ 150 spend and now are at 10 K per $ 100 spend.

What I sometimes do is try to trigger it but I am not sure of this method.

I will log into my store account ( NOT PC Optimum ) and load a digital offer ( if available ) .
Then I add at least 3 random items to my cart.... and wait...
Usually works. However once it took 8 days.
It may be total coincidence... but there is something....
Screenshot 2023-10-16 201738.jpg
This is it...
FLASH SALE !
Screenshot 2023-10-16 195748.jpg
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2353 posts
1997 upvotes
Halifax
I picked up two different types of PC Lemonade.
No Insiders points. Another inquiry.

BTW : On this Flash Sale - it is not coded yet.
For me it rang up at $ 4.49 NOT 3.49 and she reduced it manually to $ 1.99. Ugh.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. She said they had reported it.

Crazy day at our store today. At least 50 % of people in masks.
Two shoplifters at Self Checkout within the 20 minutes I was there.

The clerk had to confirm a couple of 50 % codes for me - she told me she has a "sixth sense" for shop lifters. Wow.
She said she caught someone yesterday scanning Honey Crisp apples as Bannanas. Risky business.
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4574 posts
2460 upvotes
Dunno who was robbing who on the Honeycrisp apples. $12.99 for a 3lb bag of organic ones. They're not worth the effort of trying to cheat ppl into thinking they're buying bananas...

rdiamond1 wrote: I picked up two different types of PC Lemonade.
No Insiders points. Another inquiry.

BTW : On this Flash Sale - it is not coded yet.
For me it rang up at $ 4.49 NOT 3.49 and she reduced it manually to $ 1.99. Ugh.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon. She said they had reported it.

Crazy day at our store today. At least 50 % of people in masks.
Two shoplifters at Self Checkout within the 20 minutes I was there.

The clerk had to confirm a couple of 50 % codes for me - she told me she has a "sixth sense" for shop lifters. Wow.
She said she caught someone yesterday scanning Honey Crisp apples as Bannanas. Risky business.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
rdiamond1 wrote: She said she caught someone yesterday scanning Honey Crisp apples as Bannanas. Risky business.
I would think that for those who'd want to game the system it would be safer to go to self-checkout and choose the cheapest variety of apple. The risk of getting caught would be much lower and even if caught they'd have "plausible deniability."
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
1748 upvotes
Airport Rd & Que…
My PC Insider points were added properly on my order yesterday, so looks like just a temporary glitch.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3206 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
My Mom's PC Insiders Membership auto renewed today. Let's see what happens over the next year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)