• Nov 25th, 2020 9:23 pm
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11240 posts
3497 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: my PC Insider expired...any other promo to get FOC 1 yr? lol
No, I was on the same boat.

All promo codes are only good out new subscriber.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14110 posts
3320 upvotes
submalst wrote: If you did not use the travel credit you can try to ask them to extend it.
Some folks got like 20k for renewing.
You would have to call them
U mean they will extend for free?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
2902 posts
592 upvotes
I think they meant they'll extend the time to use the original $99 travel credit. You still have to pay for the membership.
kiasu wrote: U mean they will extend for free?
Aug 21, 2011
107 posts
53 upvotes
I'll probably be cancelling when my account extension runs out in March. Earned a fair bit of points over the last year or so especially with a baby, and was lucky enough to use the travel credit once. Wasn't able to make good use of PC express pickup with the lack of slots during covid, and the bonus offers for pc express almost completely disappearing (understandable)

Just not a fan of the changes they've made to the program starting October 8th - anyone know when this was announced?
Aug 21, 2020
22 posts
5 upvotes
nico29 wrote: I'll probably be cancelling when my account extension runs out in March. Earned a fair bit of points over the last year or so especially with a baby, and was lucky enough to use the travel credit once. Wasn't able to make good use of PC express pickup with the lack of slots during covid, and the bonus offers for pc express almost completely disappearing (understandable)

Just not a fan of the changes they've made to the program starting October 8th - anyone know when this was announced?

I didn’t even know this. No more diaper points back?! That’s the only reason why I got it in the first place. This is too sad! Mine expires April 2021 and I’m running low on diapers..
Oct 14, 2013
498 posts
332 upvotes
Zzzzzzzzz wrote: I didn’t even know this. No more diaper points back?! That’s the only reason why I got it in the first place. This is too sad! Mine expires April 2021 and I’m running low on diapers..
So glad I checked in here again recently.. I did not know about this change! And it went up in price??? No more 20% in pts for Joe Fresh either?? Dang.. guess I’ll be using cloth diapers more this time around..
Aug 21, 2020
22 posts
5 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: No more $99 travel credit either?

I'm done here too then
I wonder what happens to people who didnt use the travel credit this year...

This is simply not the program we signed up for...
Aug 21, 2011
107 posts
53 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: No more $99 travel credit either?

I'm done here too then
Looks like that's gone. The travel credit always seemed a little controversial/hard to use but was a nice bonus if you were able to use it.

10% back on all PC stuff is nice but taking away the 20% on all baby stuff is a move in the wrong direction. And the price increase will just be the final straw for most who were thinking about cancelling.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1405 posts
757 upvotes
Burnaby
nico29 wrote: Looks like that's gone. The travel credit always seemed a little controversial/hard to use but was a nice bonus if you were able to use it.

10% back on all PC stuff is nice but taking away the 20% on all baby stuff is a move in the wrong direction. And the price increase will just be the final straw for most who were thinking about cancelling.
Pretty much everything that was good about this subscription is gone (excluding no pickup fees)

I'm not paying $119 every year just to save pickup fees

Not to mention, without a travel credit, I got zero reason to ever book with PC Travel so the 5% bonus points are utterly useless

I honestly don't know who this subscription is catering to - I can't think of anyone who'll find value in it
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1405 posts
757 upvotes
Burnaby
Zzzzzzzzz wrote: I wonder what happens to people who didnt use the travel credit this year...

This is simply not the program we signed up for...
Indeed, not even close to what we signed up for

I suspect PC Insider will be dead in a few years after these changes unless Loblaws reverts back (which too I doubt since I'm sure they were losing money on the subscription till now)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2275 posts
894 upvotes
Woah big changes, did I miss the memo?

here's the migrations information for existing subscribers, looks like we are NOT being grandfathered, seems shady to remove major benefits from a paid annual subscription. They should offer existing subscribers something to compensate. https://www.pcoptimum.ca/insiders/en/ca ... ion/annual

$20 price increase.

NO MORE 20% points for PC Organics! no more travel credit.

But now we get 10% points for all PC products.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
21033 posts
14975 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
drunkgoat wrote: Woah big changes, did I miss the memo?

here's the migrations information for existing subscribers, looks like we are NOT being grandfathered, seems shady to remove major benefits from a paid annual subscription. They should offer existing subscribers something to compensate. https://www.pcoptimum.ca/insiders/en/ca ... ion/annual

$20 price increase.

NO MORE 20% points for PC Organics! no more travel credit.

What a giant leap backwards.

See also: https://www.pcoptimum.ca/insiders/en/
"...earn 100 PC Optimum points per dollar..." To recover the $120 using this "benefit" you'd have to buy $1,200 in PC products. Yeah right, Galen :facepalm:
veni, vidi, Visa
Mar 6, 2008
93 posts
56 upvotes
Also no more 20% back on luxury beauty at shoppers. I want a refund on my membership that I just renewed Grimacing Face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5026 posts
3494 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm out as well...

I just logged in to cancel, expecting my account to renew in December.. but saw that it renewed yesterday. The 3-month extension wasn't applied. I called in and the rep was going to escalate it to the support team to fix and get me a case number.. then came back and said there was nothing they could do. She offered 25k points for the inconvenience. I told her that didn't work, that I ultimately wanted to cancel. She said I can cancel but my subscription would be good until next September... again I told her that doesn't work, I should have not renewed until December and asked her to process a refund. She agreed to this but said it would be pro-rated and I would have to pay 1 day... ugh! Enough at this point, and I proceeded.

I used the travel credit every year and the Shoppers online bonus. I would never make up the cost with the 'new' benefits.

Ron.