PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2020 8:23 pm
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3453 posts
3295 upvotes
Montreal
For Quebec subscribers, they only change in PC Insiders Program Terms and Conditions. They keep everything else the same as before. However, the PC Insiders home page as well as the changes page all refers to the new changes for non-Quebec subscribers. Should they make a different website for Quebec subscribers lol...

From the changes page, they could show the changes in table and show the different as they send email changes to Quebec subscribers instead of reading on the following page.
https://www.pcoptimum.ca/insiders/en/ca ... on/annualy

Here is the email they send to Quebec subscribers.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1234 posts
593 upvotes
caltran wrote: I just use it for the grocery pickup. Still worth it for that. Stepping into a RCSS is torture.
Same, was just about to post this comment.
Last 12 months I had 78 pickups, most of which were during peak hours ($5), so that’s around $390. Life is hectic, and not having to grocery shop saves a lot of time.

Also, I can’t put a price on when I picked up my order last Friday before the long weekend and saw 25+ people standing outside waiting to go in. I was there and gone in under 5 minutes.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1308 posts
701 upvotes
Burnaby
Arkaine wrote: Same, was just about to post this comment.
Last 12 months I had 78 pickups, most of which were during peak hours ($5), so that’s around $390. Life is hectic, and not having to grocery shop saves a lot of time.

Also, I can’t put a price on when I picked up my order last Friday before the long weekend and saw 25+ people standing outside waiting to go in. I was there and gone in under 5 minutes.
This is the same reason I use the service as well

Unlike you, however, I have put a price on the service and its certainly a lot less than the 119 CAD that Loblaws wants to charge for this service (esp when I can just go pickup for free at Walmart instead)
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1234 posts
593 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: This is the same reason I use the service as well

Unlike you, however, I have put a price on the service and its certainly a lot less than the 119 CAD that Loblaws wants to charge for this service (esp when I can just go pickup for free at Walmart instead)
For sure, everyone has their own preferences and lifestyle. My post is by no means trying to convince you or anyone to be a member, as I gain nothing from that.
If anything, I would want less people with the subscription as it means more available curbside pickup times.

Assuming they can still keep the option running.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1308 posts
701 upvotes
Burnaby
Arkaine wrote: For sure, everyone has their own preferences and lifestyle. My post is by no means trying to convince you or anyone to be a member, as I gain nothing from that.
If anything, I would want less people with the subscription as it means more available curbside pickup times.

Assuming they can still keep the option running.
Yeah I wasn't trying to demean you either - I mean if this subscription works for you then more power to you.

Its just that despite living next door to a RCSS (and much preferring RCSS over Walmart), I cannot justify paying 120 CAD + taxes just for free pick-up every year. But maybe that's just me
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2005
1234 posts
593 upvotes
kooltilltheen wrote: Yeah I wasn't trying to demean you either - I mean if this subscription works for you then more power to you.

Its just that despite living next door to a RCSS (and much preferring RCSS over Walmart), I cannot justify paying 120 CAD + taxes just for free pick-up every year. But maybe that's just me
Absolutely, wasn’t a shot at you either, just happened to be quoting your message.
We’re good Smiling Face With Sunglasses lol
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1374 posts
296 upvotes
Then you’ve got people like me who never used the pickup service once in two years.

The value for me was in the 20% off on Organics and the diapers. Somebody who is a hardcore Organics buyer isn’t going to magically change to non organic. Which means the changes are effectively a 50% point devaluation.

Personally I think Loblaws is going to lose a large amount of customers out of this, and I mean customers who commit entire year grocery shops. I def won’t renew and still debating on cancelling immediately. If I do cancel you can be shit sure I won’t be shopping at Loblaws anymore.

I did some math and while it’s likely I would still come out ahead by a couple hundred dollars if I kept the program and continued to shop almost exclusively at Loblaws for eligible items — at a certain point the hassle of going ONLY to Loblaws/nofriils/superstore buying ONLY PC branded items when available — a couple hundred is not worth the effort. They are really asking for a lot now with shitty benefits.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10019 posts
1494 upvotes
I thought I had 1 more month to cancel but I was mistaken, any chance I can get a cancellation and refund? It has been 6 days since they charged me and I never used anything related to the program since.
Mar 3, 2018
18 posts
15 upvotes
Bamelin wrote: The value for me was in the 20% off on Organics and the diapers. Somebody who is a hardcore Organics buyer isn’t going to magically change to non organic. Which means the changes are effectively a 50% point devaluation.
The main reason I joined PC Insiders was because of the 20% back on PC Organics. Whenever I don't find PC Organics, I do look to other organic brands. But when I still can't find what I'm looking for (which always happens), I fill the rest in with PC Free Form, then PC Blue Menu and then regular PC. With the changes, I'm sure I can get 10% back on most of my shopping cart. $150/week on groceries could end up yielding $700+ worth of points/year for me. That'd be more than what I've ever earned yearly via PC Insiders.
Koodo $41 - 13GB+1000 Intl LD
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10019 posts
1494 upvotes
mbarj04 wrote: PC Insiders Contact # 1‑833‑724‑6743 or you can cancel by logging into your PC Insiders account and select manage subscription and select discontinue the subscription
If you do it online is the refund prorated if it is already paid?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1086 posts
978 upvotes
Calgary
Bamelin wrote: Here are the laws regarding “bait and switch”

https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic ... 03798.html

I think what they are doing is illegal. I will be contacting lawyers that specialize in class action law suits
Wondering if it's advisable to keep my subscription active (ends in Feb 2021) to be eligible for any possible compensation.

I don't see how them pulling this off on 30 days notice is legal.
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2010
2471 posts
2100 upvotes
GTA
Bamelin wrote: Here are the laws regarding “bait and switch”

https://www.competitionbureau.gc.ca/eic ... 03798.html

I think what they are doing is illegal. I will be contacting lawyers that specialize in class action law suits
I doubt that it's illegal. The terms and conditions state that they can modify the program with 30 days notice and that you can cancel without cost with 30 days (I don't know if that means a full or prorated refund) if you don't accept the changes. I'm sure it's different for Quebec.
Feb 28, 2019
37 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto
speedyforme wrote: If you do it online is the refund prorated if it is already paid?
No online service is just to cancel the renewal subscription but the service will be active until the end of original subscription end date; we have to call customer care if refund is requested on proration basis so that th cancellation will be effective immediately..
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1374 posts
296 upvotes
tew wrote: I doubt that it's illegal. The terms and conditions state that they can modify the program with 30 days notice and that you can cancel without cost with 30 days (I don't know if that means a full or prorated refund) if you don't accept the changes. I'm sure it's different for Quebec.
Doesn’t hurt to check right? I emailed a class action firm the details —- will let you all know what they say.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)