Shopping Discussion

PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 9:30 pm
Nov 13, 2017
366 posts
236 upvotes
British Columbia
rdiamond1 wrote: There is something going on with PC Diapers.

In our store there were two crates up front - different sizes and packaging - all PC. Being sold off with pink stickers - 50 % off.

Talked to my daughter , and she said the same was going on up the road at her Superstore about 40 km north of us.

I can't imagine they are getting rid of the PC brand diapers , they don't expire but maybe different packaging ?
or they are officially out of the diaper business ?
Ideas ?
My local store was clearing out PC band diapers as well just over a week ago. IIRC, they were on sale for $4.44/box. Grabbed one box but still prefer Pampers though...
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1251 posts
987 upvotes
Halifax
DGSSSG wrote: My local store was clearing out PC band diapers as well just over a week ago. IIRC, they were on sale for $4.44/box. Grabbed one box but still prefer Pampers though...
That is an amazing price ! Mainly only size 3's left in our store.

Thinking the timing is suspicious on this move. That would mean zero Insiders discount on diapers - not even 10 % if they phase the PC Diaper brand out completely.
Leaves only Huggie's and Pampers. Hmmmm....

Hopefully it is simply a rebrand or new packaging.
A fan of RFD
Nov 13, 2017
366 posts
236 upvotes
British Columbia
rdiamond1 wrote: That is an amazing price ! Mainly only size 3's left in our store.

Thinking the timing is suspicious on this move. That would mean zero Insiders discount on diapers - not even 10 % if they phase the PC Diaper brand out completely.
Leaves only Huggie's and Pampers. Hmmmm....

Hopefully it is simply a rebrand or new packaging.
Yes. I've never seen diapers were on sale for such low price. I took the only size 4 (92 pieces) left in that pallet. lol Those were mainly size 2 and 3 left when I saw them.
I think you could be right as I don't remember seeing any PC diapers on the shelf when I did my grocery shopping yesterday.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1549 posts
633 upvotes
London
Just called an cancelled. Normally I would not explain why I want to cancel a service (because the big players (rogers etc) don't care, but in this instance I did in hopes that Galen gets wind of it. I told them 1) fee increase, 2) no travel credit 3) no annual surprise box.

I was only on hold about 3 minutes and then the process was over 5 minutes later. Said I'd see the prorated refund in 5-7 days.

I'd rather just pay the $3 per time to pick up my groceries a time or two a month.
May 31, 2008
982 posts
484 upvotes
Toronto
Drakestar wrote: Just called an cancelled. Normally I would not explain why I want to cancel a service (because the big players (rogers etc) don't care, but in this instance I did in hopes that Galen gets wind of it. I told them 1) fee increase, 2) no travel credit 3) no annual surprise box.

I was only on hold about 3 minutes and then the process was over 5 minutes later. Said I'd see the prorated refund in 5-7 days.

I'd rather just pay the $3 per time to pick up my groceries a time or two a month.
did they offer you anything to stay...??

My feeling is that the price for pc express will increase...otherwise, what would the incentive be to stay with pc insiders?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1549 posts
633 upvotes
London
submalst wrote: did they offer you anything to stay...??

My feeling is that the price for pc express will increase...otherwise, what would the incentive be to stay with pc insiders?
No offer, no argument at all. I guess if the express fee gets to be too much I could rejoin.
Last edited by Drakestar on Sep 14th, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 17, 2013
96 posts
17 upvotes
Not happy with the new changes, especially considering the short notice.

Not sure if we'll stick around with PC Insiders. We usually buy PC Organic products only and not the other PC brands. So a reduction of 50% in PC Optimum earn rate is pretty big... I guess it's back to Costco for us.
Aug 16, 2005
23 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for doing this! Keep us updated.
Dec 24, 2018
77 posts
46 upvotes
I do weekly grocery runs since I don't own a fancy house where I can have an extra freezer.
Just by using pick up 4 times per month at $3, I will break even. However, my primary goal is to use it only during COVID winter season.

An additional questions; do PC Insider get first dips on time slots for pick-ups or are they in the same boat as ad-hoc PC Express pickup users?
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14636 posts
11851 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
SirRobin wrote: I do weekly grocery runs since I don't own a fancy house where I can have an extra freezer.
Just by using pick up 4 times per month at $3, I will break even. However, my primary goal is to use it only during COVID winter season.

An additional questions; do PC Insider get first dips on time slots for pick-ups or are they in the same boat as ad-hoc PC Express pickup users?
Last Covid round in the Spring, saw PC Express Times booked up on first come & first served basis
There was no “perk” given to anyone who was a Member of PC Insiders

Lots of PC Insiders ... WERE NOT IMPRESSED

Esp so when they were paying for this service as part of their Membership
And ... it was being given away for FREE to anyone who wanted it

Not that that was the wrong thing to do
As most RFDers that I conversed with on the subject were using PC Express curbside pick up cuz they had very valid reasons ... as far as being part of the vulnerable population

Of course, then they compensated the PC Insiders afterwards, by extending memberships for an additional 3 months

It’s a tough line ... to decide upon

I think this is also the dilemma that weighs heavy on TPTB
And could very much be part of the driving force in making changes to the PC Insiders Program
We won’t really know how it’s all gonna fall out until there’s another round of Covid and see how PC Express operates then

I do know ... that I used PC Express faithfully every 2-1/2 to 3 weeks from March thru to June
Enough so that I ended up joining PC Insiders since
This service was a real god send for us during these hard times
Literally ALL MY FRESH GROCERY MONIES went to the PC+ Loblaws Group ... cuz they were the “only game” in town
(Not living in the GTA ... my options for grocery pick up / delivery is very slim)
Whereas in normal times ... we shop a wide variety of sources for our groceries across Eastern Ontario & even West Quebec
(And at times Upstate NY )

What has changed ... this Summer more Cos have announced changes to their systems
Getting in on the online Grocery Game
Still not all the chains ... but far more than there was back in March

The biggest change now is InstaCart who has signed up with Costco
I am not crazy about their mark ups or their extra charges
But at least now there are more options for the consumer
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3456 posts
3298 upvotes
Montreal
SirRobin wrote: I do weekly grocery runs since I don't own a fancy house where I can have an extra freezer.

In the first few months of the pandemic, they waived the pickup fee for everyone which affected the PC insiders members to be able to get a pickup slot. I remembered that we have to order in advanced as so many people ordered pickup which filled up the free pickup slots very quick. It wasn't a good experience if we have to wait for few days in order to pickup.

As the result, they introduced priority time slots for PC Insiders members.
We’re pleased to announce that in addition to paying no pickup fees on PC Express online grocery pickup orders, you’ll be given access to priority time slots at your local store reserved for PC Insiders members.

We know this service has been in high demand and that finding a pickup time that works with your schedule has been challenging. With the new benefit, you’ll be able to choose from a wider selection of pickup times, reserved for PC Insiders members. To start using your new benefit at Maxi or Loblaws/Provigo, visit pcexpress.ca.

Keep an eye on your email, as we’re always working to provide you with more access, rewards, and benefits!
Since June 12th, they stopped waiving the pickup fee for non PC insiders members. Kind like nobody want to pay $3-$5 for pickup fee except PC Insiders members. Now, we could easily have a free slot same day or next day.

loblaws-no-longer-waiving-pickup-fee-2382407/
Mar 3, 2018
20 posts
16 upvotes
I subscribed in May. I was just on the phone with a PC Insiders CSR who informed me that my $99 travel credit can be applied for a 3-day hotel stay/car rental in the New Year, for example, if booked before Oct 8th.
Koodo $41 - 13GB+1000 Intl LD
Sep 14, 2020
53 posts
55 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
For those who cancelled your subscription and got a prorated refund, did you lose the referral bonus PC Optimum points from signup? IIRC that was 35,000 points between referrer and subscriber.
Oct 28, 2004
338 posts
108 upvotes
Bamelin wrote: Welp that was fast got email this morning from lawyer at a firm specializing in class action lawsuits. Trading a few emails now. Will relay results. I have a feeling as long as PC Optimum is giving us refund they are covered, but will see what the lawyer says.

Please keep us posted!! I just want them to keep our perks until the end of our subscription period!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1376 posts
298 upvotes
tropicana wrote: Please keep us posted!! I just want them to keep our perks until the end of our subscription period!!!

For sure ... didn’t hear back anything today. But regardless of what the lawyer says, program as is, it’s done. I only connected with the lawyer to see if this is class actionable or not.