Shopping Discussion

PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2020 9:32 am
Dec 26, 2012
725 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
Cancelled and got a full refund to my CC (but got to keep the 40k points they offered me back when I signed up).
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1237 posts
978 upvotes
Halifax
Diaper offer this week- will stack with insiders 20 percent for 40 percent back in points
Images
  • B8B0CB3E-DF55-4668-ABC3-8242185D7394.png
A fan of RFD
Aug 6, 2019
184 posts
554 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: Diaper offer this week- will stack with insiders 20 percent for 40 percent back in points
The last hurrah for pretty much 90% of the Insider subscribers
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1374 posts
294 upvotes
rdiamond1 wrote: Diaper offer this week- will stack with insiders 20 percent for 40 percent back in points
So close to 16500 back in points? Geez I may need to buy multiple boxes. Huggies only or Pampers too?

Edit: every 50 spent. So 2 boxes costing 70 or so about 23k points refunded. Not bad.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6429 posts
4920 upvotes
DGSSSG wrote: Yes. I've never seen diapers were on sale for such low price. I took the only size 4 (92 pieces) left in that pallet. lol Those were mainly size 2 and 3 left when I saw them.
I think you could be right as I don't remember seeing any PC diapers on the shelf when I did my grocery shopping yesterday.
No they are not getting rid of PC diapers, they are just clearing out the old boxes with babies on them with a new box design that is the same as their baby wipes. The new boxes also have slightly fewer diapers in them, but not a lot (like 7-8 fewer).
Aug 21, 2020
22 posts
5 upvotes
We don’t have it in the west. We have $2 off the largest size Huggies/Pampers instead. Not useful..
05CD88B3-8557-4B60-9068-B1385CD54DC4.png
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1237 posts
978 upvotes
Halifax
These diaper offers are about every 5-6 weeks in The Atlantic. I believe it is central as well. The full meal deal baby events are probably every 3 to 4 months and replace these. I gad this offer on my app this morning . I think we will be seeing more pc insiders on the app. This particular one is meh ...
E6E47DC0-E54E-4DFB-8C9A-AEDFAA5093BE.png
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2012
2353 posts
2006 upvotes
UntdProvncsOfCanada
I was told by a rep in store awhile ago when I do want to renew, let it expire (or dont autorenew) and come in store to get a code for 25k in points ($25) value when signing up.

not sure if its still worth it with the new program

for those not renewing. if i cancel 3 months before renewal will it just cancel the renewal for the new cycle year or end it right now?

or are you letting it renew, then calling to cancel and get refund?
..your thread could use a photo...
:arrow: Fight Spam in Canada! 💡
Jan 9, 2014
526 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
I used to get 20% back in points on SDM luxury cosmetics even when I redeem points for it.
Did they change that? I don't get any more points if I choose redeem option.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1237 posts
978 upvotes
Halifax
Pharmer wrote: I used to get 20% back in points on SDM luxury cosmetics even when I redeem points for it.
Did they change that? I don't get any more points if I choose redeem option.
I tried a couple checkout carts today to see what happens at checkout.
I don't need anything so I did not go thru with the last step.

The Insiders Points are only on Luxury Beauty so I did BOTH a Dior order and a Clinique order.

For the Dior order. I received ZERO bonus points - even when I did not redeem.
They did not show up. I selected a Dior eyeshadow $ 72. So regular points were 1080.

For the Clinique order I picked 4 highlighter sticks at $ 28 each. These showed 28,000 Bonus points - Insiders 18,000 plus 10,000 clinique bonus.

When I went to check out the points still showed at checkout when I selected Pay with Mastercard.
The I selected Redeem for $ 85. The 28,000 points still showed at checkout.

Not sure what is going on with Dior.... maybe certain Luxuty brands are exempt ?

Make sure it is LUXURY beauty. Zero Insiders bonus for the "regular" beauty. Pay for something out of pocket... even $ 10. And make sure they are still at checkout when you Confirm your Order. I would suggest taking a pic of the screen but it will be in your Order history.
A fan of RFD
Jan 9, 2014
526 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
rdiamond1 wrote: I tried a couple checkout carts today to see what happens at checkout.
I don't need anything so I did not go thru with the last step.

The Insiders Points are only on Luxury Beauty so I did BOTH a Dior order and a Clinique order.

For the Dior order. I received ZERO bonus points - even when I did not redeem.
They did not show up. I selected a Dior eyeshadow $ 72. So regular points were 1080.

For the Clinique order I picked 4 highlighter sticks at $ 28 each. These showed 28,000 Bonus points - Insiders 18,000 plus 10,000 clinique bonus.

When I went to check out the points still showed at checkout when I selected Pay with Mastercard.
The I selected Redeem for $ 85. The 28,000 points still showed at checkout.

Not sure what is going on with Dior.... maybe certain Luxuty brands are exempt ?

Make sure it is LUXURY beauty. Zero Insiders bonus for the "regular" beauty. Pay for something out of pocket... even $ 10. And make sure they are still at checkout when you Confirm your Order. I would suggest taking a pic of the screen but it will be in your Order history.
Yah it was Luxury beauty. I see the bonus insider points if I pay with credit card. But once I select redeem with points (200$ for 300$ off bonus redemption), the pc insider points totally disappeared even though I was still paying 50$ with credit card. Weird
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1237 posts
978 upvotes
Halifax
add2.jpg
add3.jpg
Pharmer wrote: Yah it was Luxury beauty. I see the bonus insider points if I pay with credit card. But once I select redeem with points (200$ for 300$ off bonus redemption), the pc insider points totally disappeared even though I was still paying 50$ with credit card. Weird
That is strange - I went right to the Place Order page again... and this what I see....
You can see the point redemption and the points are still there.... super odd.
I wonder if only the higher point redemptions trigger this ?
A fan of RFD
Jan 9, 2014
526 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
rdiamond1 wrote: add2.jpgadd3.jpg

That is strange - I went right to the Place Order page again... and this what I see....
You can see the point redemption and the points are still there.... super odd.
I wonder if only the higher point redemptions trigger this ?
Shouldn’t the pc 20% be 22.4k points? From the 112$ subtotal
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1237 posts
978 upvotes
Halifax
Pharmer wrote: Shouldn’t the pc 20% be 22.4k points? From the 112$ subtotal
True - but it was Clinique and had a 5000 point bonus for over $ 50.

Do you think that might be it ? Getting something that has a small bonus point offer and it triggers the rest of them ?

Try it. Just add $ 50 of Clinique - do not place to the order but check your points.

EDIT : Just checked my Sept 5th redemption and I had a Lancome Bonus there as well . And I received points after redemption.
A fan of RFD
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14644 posts
4038 upvotes
One of my offers this week is 1500 points for Kashi Chocolate Peanut Butter bar.

I don't know if it's only valid for one box but if you can stack in one transaction, you can also use the 5000 for every $10 spent on Kellogg's and Kashi cereals and bars.

You can PM from Walmart at $3 each.

3x4 = $12, plus 5000 points, plus potentially 1500x4, for a total of 11000 points for $12 out of pocket?
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!