PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2020 9:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2002
5100 posts
3605 upvotes
Vancouver
Lone_Prodigy wrote: One of my offers this week is 1500 points for Kashi Chocolate Peanut Butter bar.

I don't know if it's only valid for one box but if you can stack in one transaction, you can also use the 5000 for every $10 spent on Kellogg's and Kashi cereals and bars.

You can PM from Walmart at $3 each.

3x4 = $12, plus 5000 points, plus potentially 1500x4, for a total of 11000 points for $12 out of pocket?
This is not a PC Insiders offer... I also received it.

Another note.. I'm starting to receive personal offers for PC Black Label products that I buy, since discontinuing my PC Insiders Membership.

Ron.
Oct 14, 2015
74 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lone_Prodigy wrote: One of my offers this week is 1500 points for Kashi Chocolate Peanut Butter bar.

I don't know if it's only valid for one box but if you can stack in one transaction, you can also use the 5000 for every $10 spent on Kellogg's and Kashi cereals and bars.

You can PM from Walmart at $3 each.

3x4 = $12, plus 5000 points, plus potentially 1500x4, for a total of 11000 points for $12 out of pocket?
I just came back from Superstore. Bought 4 boxes of the Kashi Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar and PMd walmart at $2.97/box.

I received 4 x 1500 points from the PC app offer, plus the 5000 points for the in-store offer (spend $10 on Kashi get 5000 points). So 11000 points.

Plus I got a few essentials to bring my total to $20 so I used the 5000 points WUS $20 text offer.

Then I uploaded the receipt to CO51 for $4 back (4 x $1 for the Kashi bars). Net cost to me was the taxes on the Kashi bars for $20 worth of groceries.

Great deal, thanks for posting about the Kashi bars!!
Deal Guru
Jul 12, 2003
11256 posts
3504 upvotes
Toronto
I'm PC Insider subscriber.

I bought some PC Diapers last wk-end and redeemed 50000pts for $65 to spend.

I did not get extra points on my PC diapers, so do i not getting bonus PC pts because i made the purchase using my points and not paying for them?
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4693 posts
1680 upvotes
Winnipeg
MP3_SKY wrote: I'm PC Insider subscriber.

I did not get extra points on my PC diapers, so do i not getting bonus PC pts because i made the purchase using my points and not paying for them?
If it was at shoppers than probably not. I think the Shoppers promos don’t stack.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4267 posts
2561 upvotes
Gotham
MP3_SKY wrote: I'm PC Insider subscriber.

I think that is correct. I've never redeemed points for anything that gives bonus points in case of that scenario. It doesn't hurt asking for the points through the app. I've done that for questionable items and they gave me the points anyway.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2638 posts
1348 upvotes
batcave wrote: I think that is correct. I've never redeemed points for anything that gives bonus points in case of that scenario. It doesn't hurt asking for the points through the app. I've done that for questionable items and they gave me the points anyway.
It may make a difference if it is a personal offer vs a store offer. In any case, since you can defer up to 4 offers each week, it is worthwhile trying for those products that you will need in the future regardless. If you don't get the points for the offer, then you can defer for another time.
Feb 18, 2018
632 posts
764 upvotes
well went ahead and canceled all they said was its on all pc products well i almost never buy them so not useful and that i was locked in at the $99 rate. stuck till april 17th 2021 without any refund :(

$100 a month to break even on PC products is just a lot of no name grocery's
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1027 posts
515 upvotes
Toronto
Aselwyn1 wrote: well went ahead and canceled all they said was its on all pc products well i almost never buy them so not useful and that i was locked in at the $99 rate. stuck till april 17th 2021 without any refund :(

$100 a month to break even on PC products is just a lot of no name grocery's
why didnt they offer you a refund?
Feb 18, 2018
632 posts
764 upvotes
submalst wrote: why didnt they offer you a refund?
they said it wasn't possible. will call back and push on that
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1304 posts
1034 upvotes
Halifax
10 Days left ! Of the old rules.

Joe Fresh.... I had an Email offer 10,000 points for $ 40 spend (25 % ) ... and this stacks with the 20 % Insiders ... so if there is something you need or want to pick up a gift for Christmas this may be it.
However - I am sure there will be more... lots more.

Also If you are doing the Redemption Event - today is the last day... remember that Insiders Stacks with that for diapers, black label , PC Organics etc...
If you are going it at the highest level - 180 ,000 points redeem - that is 40 % back in total.
A fan of RFD
Aug 6, 2019
309 posts
659 upvotes
Ottawa
Heads up, if you're canceling, you need to do it before 30 Sept.

'You may refuse the above changes and cancel your participation in the Program without cost by contacting us at 1-833-724-6743 and indicating that you wish to cancel your subscription no later than September 30, 2020. If we do not receive any such notice, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes outlined above.'
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1378 posts
301 upvotes
I called and cancelled today. Demanded FULL refund. They created a ticket and said they are notating I have asked for a full refund -- they said it might only be prorated. I have been given a ticket number. Said I would see a refund in 5 days or so.

I plan on calling back to complain if not given full refund. I renewed at end of May so 4 months they will be trying to rip me off.

The reason I want a full refund -- people tailor their reward credit cards around programs like this. It's super inconsiderate what they are doing -- less than 30 days notice is pathetic.

Flip side though, I've earned 208,000 points through PC Insiders in 4 months since I renewed so the program has paid for itself regardless of how much they refund me.

My wife and I condidered not canceling since we paid the lower fee AND have already made back the cost of the program and more -- we had 8 months left to earn points under the new terms.

For me it was the principal of the thing

1. I don't want to be locked in to only PC products
2. New program makes it very hard to earn points units you are buying PC for literally everything
3. I vote with my wallet and these changes clearly shaft loyal PC Insiders to devalue the points.

While I could likely make back more than the value of the refund I'll get, I feel it will take to much effort and most importantly loyalty that Loblaws no.longer deserves.

I think it was a stupid move myself... There are customers like me who will move on to Costco or Metro/Sobeys Air Miles or whatever. Loblaws was always overpriced but the 20% discount on Organics and diapers made it worth it to me.

Oh well.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2005
1378 posts
301 upvotes
newfbc wrote: Another note.. I'm starting to receive personal offers for PC Black Label products that I buy, since discontinuing my PC Insiders Membership.

Ron.
And that's the scam of it all. I had noticed my diaper offers stopped coming when I was subscribed to PC Insiders. So I question what sort of funny games they play with the offers.

Yet another reason I cancelled.