PC Insiders Paid Membership - $99 per year / $9.99 per month

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2023 10:09 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
cslusarc wrote: My Mom's PC Insiders Membership auto renewed today. Let's see what happens over the next year.
I am hopeful but honestly this below worries me.
Why put a expiration date ?
It may just be a system input.
Screenshot 2023-10-26 114951.jpg
A fan of RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
In March, I mentioned that I was willing to convert our PC Insiders membership to a PC Express Pass but at that time we were outside of their delivery area. In March we were further ahead by keeping our grandfathered PC Insiders membership.

We just found out that PC Express now delivers to all of our Forward Sortation Area (R1C). We are 14km (or a 16 minute drive) to our nearest RCSS. All 3 of our nearest RCSS stores are kind of out of the way for us and usually require a special trip. We got a 1 month free delivery promo code earlier this month and have 1 week of free delivery left. We are now considering the PC Express Pass if it comes with 50,000 bonus points and if I make as many $35-$40 orders as possible – usually to circumvent limit quantities on proactively price matched items.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
https://www.pcfinancial.ca/en/credit-cards/insiders/

Well, looks like they finally rolled out the replacement for the Insiders program.

In case you were wondering, you can't double dip with an Insiders membership:
What happens to my current PC Optimum Insiders™ subscription if I get approved for PC Insiders™ World Elite Mastercard®?

Your current PC Optimum Insiders™ subscription will be cancelled, and you will not be able to re-enroll in the future.

You’ll also get a refund of the unused portion of your existing PC Optimum Insiders™ subscription fee to your current card on file within a few business days.

The good news is that with a PC Insiders™ World Elite Mastercard®, you’ll experience extraordinary value everyday, including 40 points per dollar at Loblaw banner grocery stores, up to 70 points/litre (7¢/ litre in points) at Esso™ & Mobil™ stations; plus, you will get a complimentary PC Express™ Pass (valued at $99.99 per year) to enjoy unlimited $0 online grocery delivery and pickup on eligible orders of $35 or more.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
abstract808 wrote: https://www.pcfinancial.ca/en/credit-cards/insiders/

Well, looks like they finally rolled out the replacement for the Insiders program.

N.B. Unlike most premium MCs and Visa this one is not FYF (first year free.) Ya gotta pay ta play. (Perhaps understandable because of the included delivery and pick-up subscription.)

veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
abstract808 wrote: https://www.pcfinancial.ca/en/credit-cards/insiders/

At a quick glance …

It looks like if anyone has BOTH a PC Insiders Membership AND an OLDER PC+ Financial CC
(Like I know @rdiamond1 does …)
They are probably better off staying the course … and not trading

Cuz to trade to this NEW CC … means you lose out on the PCO Points earned on Presidents Choice branded products
And are only earning points on what you charge to your PC+ CC

Which quite frankly …
You are earning anyhow

So folks …
My best advice

READ & Understand it all
DO THE MATH for your own personal situation
Before you choose to switch
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
bylo wrote: N.B. Unlike most premium MCs and Visa this one is not FYF (first year free.) Ya gotta pay ta play. (Perhaps understandable because of the included delivery and pick-up subscription.)

Wait so the stand alone PC insiders program is getting replaced with an annual fee credit card with high income requirements? And the annual fee is higher than the stand alone price I paid in January.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29710 posts
29130 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
tatung wrote: Wait so the stand alone PC insiders program is getting replaced with an annual fee credit card with high income requirements? And the annual fee is higher than the stand alone price I paid in January.
So it would seem. But I'm not sure why it would be an issue.

"High income requirements" are usually just aspirational. The CC companies rarely ask for proof as long as your credit score, etc. meet their criteria. Worst case you apply. They ask for proof. You can't provide it. You end up with a lesser but free card.

The higher annual fee, if you already subscribe to Insiders, can be justified by the greater points earn rate. The $20 bar is low. If you spend at least $2,000 at Galen's grocery stores then you'll earn it back. Everything else is gravy.

I agree that the $120 AF may not be worth it for Outsiders™ like me.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2008
1195 posts
1523 upvotes
tatung wrote: Wait so the stand alone PC insiders program is getting replaced with an annual fee credit card with high income requirements? And the annual fee is higher than the stand alone price I paid in January.
They just quickly revised their website to have 150k pts (Equivalent to $150) welcome offer yesterday, so literally FYF + $30 to spare.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 103954.png
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
1748 upvotes
Airport Rd & Que…
Just to be clear, legacy Insiders (not available anymore) is the program where you get 10% back on PC products and free pickup (but not delivery).

PC Express Pass is the current paid program where you can get free pickup and delivery, but no 10% back on PC products

PC Insiders Mastercard comes with PC Express Pass for "free".

So makes sense for current PC Express Pass members to get the card.

But for legacy Insiders, probably makes more sense to keep the no annual fee PC World Elite Mastercard + legacy insiders, assuming that the 10% back on PC products is the main reason they haven't switched to PC Express Pass. The trade off here is 10% back on PC products vs 1% extra on all groceries + free delivery for $20 extra, ignoring the signup bonus.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ccya965041 wrote: They just quickly revised their website to have 150k pts (Equivalent to $150) welcome offer yesterday, so literally FYF + $30 to spare.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 103954.png
This is a WHOLE NEW MASTERCARD

It kicked off on December 1st … and the 150,000 PCO Points WELCOME BONUS was in the announcement from the get go

Anyone who is a LEGACY PC INSIDERS MEMBER, or a PC EXPRESS MEMBER … who chooses to FOREGO THOSE MEMBERSHIPS (and those benefits) and get this card will be issued a pro rated Refund for the amount of time left on their current memberships …

It’s laid out all there in the offer fine print

Anyone who has a different PC+ Financial Mastercard … and chooses to UPGRADE to this one, will now have to pay the Annual Fee for the NEW CC
And …
It’s still not clear if they’ll get the 150,000 PCO Points WELCOME BONUS
(Esp if you’ve collected a WELCOME BONUS in the past when getting a PC+ Financial CC )
But, it is assumed that chances are high that EVERYONE will qualify for the WELCOME BONUS
At least during this initial launch
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
TripleQ wrote: Just to be clear, legacy Insiders (not available anymore) is the program where you get 10% back on PC products and free pickup (but not delivery).

PC Express Pass is the current paid program where you can get free pickup and delivery, but no 10% back on PC products

PC Insiders Mastercard comes with PC Express Pass for "free".

So makes sense for current PC Express Pass members to get the card.

But for legacy Insiders, probably makes more sense to keep the no annual fee PC World Elite Mastercard + legacy insiders, assuming that the 10% back on PC products is the main reason they haven't switched to PC Express Pass. The trade off here is 10% back on PC products vs 1% extra on all groceries + free delivery for $20 extra, ignoring the signup bonus.
Good post !
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
PointsHubby wrote: This is a WHOLE NEW MASTERCARD

It kicked off on December 1st … and the 150,000 PCO Points WELCOME BONUS was in the announcement from the get go

Anyone who is a LEGACY PC INSIDERS MEMBER, or a PC EXPRESS MEMBER … who chooses to FOREGO THOSE MEMBERSHIPS (and those benefits) and get this card will be issued a pro rated Refund for the amount of time left on their current memberships …

It’s laid out all there in the offer fine print

Anyone who has a different PC+ Financial Mastercard … and chooses to UPGRADE to this one, will now have to pay the Annual Fee for the NEW CC
And …
It’s still not clear if they’ll get the 150,000 PCO Points WELCOME BONUS
(Esp if you’ve collected a WELCOME BONUS in the past when getting a PC+ Financial CC )
But, it is assumed that chances are high that EVERYONE will qualify for the WELCOME BONUS
At least during this initial launch
Oh so my OG PC Insiders is not going away?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
2354 posts
1998 upvotes
Halifax
tatung wrote: Oh so my OG PC Insiders is not going away?
No. It is still here until you move to an alternate program OR do not renew.

It depends on what you need. If Delivery is a must than the Other programs may work out better.

Our family uses many different pc products. We are huge fans. We will definitely hang on to the original program as long as they are happy to run it.
A fan of RFD
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27803 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
tatung wrote: Oh so my OG PC Insiders is not going away?
rdiamond1 wrote: No. It is still here until you move to an alternate program OR do not renew.

It depends on what you need. If Delivery is a must than the Other programs may work out better.

Our family uses many different pc products. We are huge fans. We will definitely hang on to the original program as long as they are happy to run it.
Nailed it

@tatung you truly have to look how you currently use the PAID ADD ON PC Insiders Program
And what it gives you
Versus what this one would give you … and what you’d lose / give up by moving to this NEW PC MasterCard

Cuz like @rdiamond1 i don’t think the NEW CC and its associated benefits
Are the best bet for everyone
Esp if one has any of, or multiples of the following already
* PC Insiders Membership
* PC Express Membership
* Another PC issued Mastercard
Jun 7, 2010
86 posts
5 upvotes
I really regret giving up my PC insiders subscription for the express pass. I wanted delivery since we have a toddler and the closest superstore is on the other side of the city, but the deliveries have been ridiculous. They never show up in the window (last week mine took 2hrs to drive 30min…no idea where my food was sitting all that time) and I’m always missing items. Never had this issue with pickup. Now I’m going back to pick up….without my PC points bonus.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
3208 posts
4255 upvotes
St Clements, MB
I love getting free delivery by promo code with my PC Insiders membership, it's best of both worlds.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)