Tags:
None
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Spawk1028 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 7:26 am
If you have young kids and buy diapers and formula and PCO snacks etc, then yes for sure. You can earn the subscription price back in less than 3 trips to the store for diapers, formula etc. Do the math tho
Aren’t diapers cheaper at Walmart though?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1755 posts
830 upvotes
GateGuardian wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 8:43 am
It comes with a $99 voucher on PC Travel. So if you're going to book travels for that site, it's definitely worth it.
I guess I posted this in the other duplicate thread. I'll post it here as well:

You can use ebates with expedia, hotels.com and travelocity (which will go up to 9% sometimes). I find that the $99 kind of nullifies itself in the end.
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
hsiaolunwang606689 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 3:58 pm
That's if PC travel is a decent travel company.... I signed up with Insider last year and booked my trip with it, never again! I wasn't able to check in online due to they fail to connect all of my tickets, and on top of that they changed my flight 3 times!
Itinerary changes, especially multiple, aren't that uncommon, especially when you book a flight months in advance. I booked direct with Delta for my last US trip and got 7 flight changes emailed to me.
Best deals:
Penalty Box
Oct 14, 2005
1397 posts
685 upvotes
PCTravel site sucks. Most flights dont show the little PcInsider $99 credit popup so you have to phone in and it takes about 20 minutes a booking.

They dont even advertise on their site how the credit applies so probably lots of confused people out there never getting a popup will not use their credit.
Nov 12, 2017
83 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
porkchopbread wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 4:18 pm
I thought pc travel is like an Expedia or something. Was it the carrier that changed the flight? Or was it pc travel specifically? Don’t you still check in with the flight carrier ?

I was thinking about using them. What was your itinerary like?
It was quite hard to navigate and price compare. I ended up using google travel and expedia to see what flight I want and then search it up on PC travel.

My experience was I booked through PC travel for some ANA flights, so that takes me from Calgary to Vancouver to Tokyo to Taiwan,. On my way to and back from Taiwan, they weren't allowing me to checking in online and have to report to the counter. This results in unable to choose seats in advance and they informed me that all of my tickets were not linked together. Unlinked tickets will results in I have to take out my checked baggage and then recheck them in each legs of transfer. The people at those desk were nice enough to link them for me at the airport, but I really don't appreciate the hassle to go through these ordeal just to save $100....
Nov 12, 2017
83 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary
TaurusJudge wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 4:26 pm
Itinerary changes, especially multiple, aren't that uncommon, especially when you book a flight months in advance. I booked direct with Delta for my last US trip and got 7 flight changes emailed to me.
I don't fly that often so thank you for letting me know! However, the method of PC travel informing me about the flight time change and their knowledge in airport was unfriendly at the best. They even provided wrong info at the time informing about the change. For example, I have told them one of the time change they were telling me about only leaves me less than 1 hr to go from domestic flight terminal to international flight terminal. Now, these two terminals are more than 20 min walking speed apart. When I told them about this, they just told me no, that's not true. Then they told me they are like at the same terminal and I don't have to walk such great distance. When it's time to flight, long and behold that my wife and I have to almost run to the international terminal and barely made it... I would never use PC travel again if I have a choice.
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
hsiaolunwang606689 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 5:18 pm
I don't fly that often so thank you for letting me know! However, the method of PC travel informing me about the flight time change and their knowledge in airport was unfriendly at the best. They even provided wrong info at the time informing about the change. For example, I have told them one of the time change they were telling me about only leaves me less than 1 hr to go from domestic flight terminal to international flight terminal. Now, these two terminals are more than 20 min walking speed apart. When I told them about this, they just told me no, that's not true. Then they told me they are like at the same terminal and I don't have to walk such great distance. When it's time to flight, long and behold that my wife and I have to almost run to the international terminal and barely made it... I would never use PC travel again if I have a choice.
That's not cool, sorry you had that experience, and thanks for detailing it for us.
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2004
3909 posts
2521 upvotes
Include access to Crave TV to counter Prime Video and I'll think about it.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1130 posts
254 upvotes
consumer be me wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 4:21 pm
Aren’t diapers cheaper at Walmart though?
Sure. but if your a parent you don't have time to go to Superstore and Walmart. And I'm not getting my food at Walmart. I used to work there lol
Mar 10, 2008
614 posts
68 upvotes
I usually stock up diaper when pc send me a 20% pts coupon. Pc insider states cannot be combine with orther offer. I buy fomular when shopper hold a special event.

I dont think i can benefit from the membership. Any comment ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1059 posts
2678 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
kyli wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 5:36 pm
I usually stock up diaper when pc send me a 20% pts coupon. Pc insider states cannot be combine with orther offer. I buy fomular when shopper hold a special event.

I dont think i can benefit from the membership. Any comment ?
I have stacked personal offers with 20x with pc optimum etc..
What's in your wallet?
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
11928 posts
1950 upvotes
I have kids and was actually debating whether to try
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6875 posts
2585 upvotes
Calgary
I got the free subscription when they offered 100K points for trying out their insiders program. Free is fine but I wouldn't pay to subscribe. I don't need diapers or cosmetics and I prefer picking my own grocery items. The surprise gift is a box of sugary goodies that no one at home will touch. No upcoming trips so haven't tried PC Travel. The only perks I sort of like is the extra points for buying PC organic produces but again it only applies to PC brand. Definitely will not renew when the first year subscription expires.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)