• Feb 20th, 2019 10:11 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 26, 2019
1 posts
vinsss wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 9:56 pm
The one posted by the OP
It's giving me 50% off, is it after you click on Pay?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2016
1085 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto, ON
On checkout page still showing as 50% off only. Did it show same for you but was 100% discounted after purchase on invoice?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15410 posts
5679 upvotes
Rlcky wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 1:13 pm
they can't beat the price of diapers to amazon including the 20% discount.
During the PC Optimum sale I received 8 boxes of diapers and was given 7500 points to take them away.

PC Insiders is an amazing program for diapers and the discounts you have available through RCSS/Shoppers make it, by far, the cheapest place for diapers. I haven't paid more than $5 for a box of diapers in over a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3483 posts
939 upvotes
QC
If you cancel your subscription, can you sign up again and get it at 50%? Benefit should be extended with your original subscription ending date?
Jul 19, 2013
32 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
elrednaxela wrote:
Jan 27th, 2019 6:01 pm
Thanks OP, signed up. Does anyone know how long it takes for the travel credit to show up on your account?
Intantly on your account. Signed up and called PC travel an hour later to book and the credit was applied.
Nov 26, 2017
314 posts
183 upvotes
Montréal
For points redemption in SDM, do we still get the 20% back for diapers?
😄
Dec 8, 2011
726 posts
667 upvotes
Toronto
Ayapoikiekao wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 3:21 am
For points redemption in SDM, do we still get the 20% back for diapers?
Don’t think anybody has tried this, since nothing stacks at SDM when redeeming. And then again some get points and some don’t when it comes to PC insiders. But, if you’d be willing to try it for us, we would really appreciate it.

PS anybody tried it?
Jul 15, 2006
760 posts
31 upvotes
GTA, ON
Missed the promo code. Wondering if it would be offered again or if anyone has another promo code for 50% off?

Tempted to join, as I place online grocery orders for pick-up. Each order has a $5 fee. I wouldn't mind having that waived. It would pay off for me within a few months.
Jun 19, 2015
554 posts
413 upvotes
Shop-a-holic wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:05 am
Missed the promo code. Wondering if it would be offered again or if anyone has another promo code for 50% off?

Tempted to join, as I place online grocery orders for pick-up. Each order has a $5 fee. I wouldn't mind having that waived. It would pay off for me within a few months.
What code did you use? My friend signed up for 50% off with 2XOBPL yesterday (wouldn't work on mobile, had to do on his PC)
Jul 15, 2006
760 posts
31 upvotes
GTA, ON
saberon2016 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 10:12 am
What code did you use? My friend signed up for 50% off with 2XOBPL yesterday (wouldn't work on mobile, had to do on his PC)
The code worked, thank you!

It'll pay off in 11 grocery orders (approx 3 months).
Dec 29, 2004
188 posts
93 upvotes
TrevorK wrote:
Jan 28th, 2019 10:49 pm
During the PC Optimum sale I received 8 boxes of diapers and was given 7500 points to take them away.

PC Insiders is an amazing program for diapers and the discounts you have available through RCSS/Shoppers make it, by far, the cheapest place for diapers. I haven't paid more than $5 for a box of diapers in over a year.
Just signed up. Newborn...

How do you manage to get this? Targeted offers for diapers, or shopping at SDM on a 20x points day? Just trying to figure things out. I'm assuming we would still get the 20% back in points, as well as 20x points on an overall points day.

We're in the same situation for formula as well.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15222 posts
2138 upvotes
Toronto
Some people choose to brag about one-off deals or errors in the system like its guaranteed to them.

What's guaranteed is 20% back in points. You look at quantities and prices at various stores and compare. Take off 20% when it's at a PC-branded store. You should find that it's more convenient than Amazon and probably in the same ballpark. At least to other retailers, it's most likely the cheapest thing going.

On top of that, there are personal offers and manufacturer coupons that come up that bring the cost down even further and yes, "to as low as $5", sure happened.

But there isn't some method you're doing wrong. It's simply 20% off in the form of points, start with that and in some cases, it finishes there.
Hope that helps, don't stress.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
15410 posts
5679 upvotes
da_123 wrote:
Feb 4th, 2019 11:38 am
Just signed up. Newborn...

How do you manage to get this? Targeted offers for diapers, or shopping at SDM on a 20x points day? Just trying to figure things out. I'm assuming we would still get the 20% back in points, as well as 20x points on an overall points day.

We're in the same situation for formula as well.
Formula: We purchased the Enfamil Nursettes / Ready To Feed liquid at the beginning. We then switched to Costco powdered formula. Since this was before PC Insiders (first child) we just kept going to Costco after. Formula does not have as much competition as diapers (Huggies vs Pampers) so I don't know if PC Insiders even beats Costco's brand.

Diapers:
I do not want to say it's easy but we have done it many times this year already. When I look in my basement I think we have ~20 to 25 boxes of diapers there. That should be enough to last us until our last child is mastering potty training (and just wears a diaper at night).

We use Pampers.

Pampers regularly has $10 off coupons when you buy two boxes.
Pampers routinely shows up in our PC Optimum offers (we carry it forward until a good sale comes up).
PC Insiders is always 20% off.
We always buy the "middle" size boxes. These are the smallest size that qualify for the coupon and you typically maximize your coupon when you buy the smaller sizes. I see many buying the biggest boxes - their cost is slightly higher.

Here is my latest, and best, grab. This is not typical, I usually pay an average of $2-$5/box depending on how anxious I get for a sale.
8 boxes @ $20/box = $160
4 coupons @ $10/coupon = -$40
Total spent = $120
(I spent an additional $20 on this order to meet the minimums below)

32,800 points (PC Insiders)
32,800 points (PC Optimum Pampers offer)
12,500 points (spend $125 in store)
36,000 points (spend $50 on Pampers get 12,000 points)
20,000 points (spend $100 in baby department get 20,000 points)
10,000 points (click and collect bonus - spend $30 get 10,000 points)
= 144,100 points on $120 spend.
(at the time I wrote that post I has to make a claim for ~12,000 missing points - it's just a feature of the system where offers max out at 99x)

As you can see, everything lined up perfect. But I can routinely get several of these offers to coincide by saving my PC Optimum Pampers offer and Pampers coupons until there is an instore bonus (e.g. spend x get y points storewide, bonus points on Pampers in store). For example last year they offered a 10,000 PER BOX instore bonus. By the end of the weekend almost all the Pampers diapers were gone from my local store. The Shoppers bonuses seem pretty good too - I just get enough at RCSS that I do not have to go through Shoppers.

I had to renew my PC Insiders to get this deal so now that I have it for another year I am just going to give away the diapers I buy to my cousin and charity. My cousin thinks that diapers "are expensive" so I'll happily just give the diapers to them. And for charity it's a no brainer - me spending $5 per box to give them a $20 box (well $30 regular price) of diapers makes the donation much more valuable.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9726 posts
959 upvotes
Vancouver
GateGuardian wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2019 8:43 am
It comes with a $99 voucher on PC Travel. So if you're going to book travels for that site, it's definitely worth it.
Hmmm any catches when using the $99 voucher? I can use it on a 3 night booking anywhere in the world?

Seems worth it, if, so.

Thanks