None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3869 posts
1464 upvotes
Ottawa

PC Mastercard Credit Limit Increase

I just got a letter saying I have been pre-authorized for a limit increase. Does this mean they won't do a credit check if I accept the offer?
6 replies
Feb 6, 2019
86 posts
91 upvotes
john.canad wrote: I just got a letter saying I have been pre-authorized for a limit increase. Does this mean they won't do a credit check if I accept the offer?
I have been hoping for one - any info you can share please? How long have you had their card, utilization, etc?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
3869 posts
1464 upvotes
Ottawa
rychicken wrote: I have been hoping for one - any info you can share please? How long have you had their card, utilization, etc?
probably around 1.5 years now
minimal utilization, only when I shop at shoppers every 1-2 months
Nov 22, 2012
562 posts
549 upvotes
NS
john.canad wrote: probably around 1.5 years now
minimal utilization, only when I shop at shoppers every 1-2 months
Same here. I just received my first pre-approved CLI from 5000 to 7500 after having the WE card for almost 1.5 years. I do use the card regularly but only at Loblaws and SDM. Average utilization is 10-20%.
Feb 14, 2012
164 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
I received the 1st pre-approved CLI from 4K to 5K at the beginning of this year after 2 year owning the card, but another letter last week from 5K to 8.5K. I believe it's because I had to pre-paid TWICE (4K each time) within the past 1 1/2 month as I maxed out the card too fast. Mainly shopping at SDM at 20x. I guess CLI is a good sign, right? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jan 25, 2017
67 posts
66 upvotes
I have had this card since 2010. I had credit limits of over $10k on 4 other credit cards that I had at the time of applying and yet PCMC approved me with a measly $1,500 limit. After one year of holding the card however, they have kept sending me offers for credit limit increases $1.5k to $3.5k to $5k to $7k to $8k to $11k (I have all my statements saved on a hard drive so thats how I know the history of my limit increasing). Talking to a number of my friends they too got the card with a tiny initial credit limit only to be getting multiple offers for increases in the following years.

A few months ago they offered me an increase to $13.5k which I turned down as I hardly ever have more than $500 on this card at any given time as I only use it for No Frills, SDM, or Mobil Gas Stations to get the 7c/L in PCO Points since I have a Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite which provides 4% Cash back at RCSS and 2% Cash Back at ESSO and the Rogers World Elite MC for 1.75% back on everything else.