Credit Cards

PC MasterCard - do you really get PC points?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2017 3:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 11, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON

PC MasterCard - do you really get PC points?

Hello,

I am a PC World Elite MasterCard user. It looks like for my card, a lot of the time it doesn't earn any PC points, even for shopping at No Frills. I wonder if it is the same situation for you guys? Or is it just me?
Images
  • PC.jpg
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5135 posts
2747 upvotes
It takes a few days to show and sometime they combine with other purchas(es) so it's very hard to tell
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5684 posts
5086 upvotes
gavinaisin wrote: Hello,

I am a PC World Elite MasterCard user. It looks like for my card, a lot of the time it doesn't earn any PC points, even for shopping at No Frills. I wonder if it is the same situation for you guys? Or is it just me?
mkl38s wrote: It takes a few days to show and sometime they combine with other purchas(es) so it's very hard to tell
PC Points earned using the PC Plus offers show up instantly if you log into your PC Plus account.

PC Points earned by using your PC MasterCard are credited to your PC Points account at the end of your statement cycle each month. shortly after each transaction.

In your screenshot, each of the lines that show "President's Choice Financial" under the STORE heading, with points earned and $0 spent - those are your PC MasterCard points being applied to your account.
Last edited by KanataKG on Aug 22nd, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5684 posts
5086 upvotes
Also, have a look at your most recent PC MasterCard statement.

Near the top of the page, it reads "You have earned XXXX PC Points by using your PC MasterCard this statement period."

That number should be 1062 for you according to your screenshot.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13580 posts
8544 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Don't worry, you're getting points.

I'm still waiting for my $150 giftcard from Ratesupermarket....grrrr.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5135 posts
2747 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
you will get yours too :). For me, it took roughly 5 weeks after first use before they sent me the gift card
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13580 posts
8544 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Let's wait and see...
mkl38s wrote: you will get yours too :). For me, it took roughly 5 weeks after first use before they sent me the gift card

[OP]
Sep 11, 2015
7 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
superfresh89 wrote: Also, have a look at your most recent PC MasterCard statement.

Near the top of the page, it reads "You have earned XXXX PC Points by using your PC MasterCard this statement period."

That number should be 1062 for you according to your screenshot.
Thanks superfresh89. I did find the line "You have earned XXXX PC Points by using your PC MasterCard this statement period." However no points transaction number matches the statement. I will wait and see what happens later.
Images
  • PC poitns.png
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3837 posts
1131 upvotes
QC
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Don't worry, you're getting points.

Takes about 4 weeks after your first purchase.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13580 posts
8544 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
been 6 weeks after first purchase. But I'll wait.
jfmartel wrote: Takes about 4 weeks after your first purchase.

Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5684 posts
5086 upvotes
gavinaisin wrote: Thanks superfresh89. I did find the line "You have earned XXXX PC Points by using your PC MasterCard this statement period." However no points transaction number matches the statement. I will wait and see what happens later.
Oh... I lied. I've edited my first post to reflect that.

I pulled up my statement, logged in to PC Plus from a desktop, AND pulled up the app at the same time.

From the desktop, it shows PC MasterCard points applied after shortly after each transaction, just like your screenshot.

From the app, it shows the points applied weekly, then when you click on it, it shows the breakdown of each transaction. The app only shows the most recent 2 weeks of transactions.

And of course, the statement shows the monthly PC points earned.

So yeah, there's a bit of adding to do if you want to double check your points lol. It's always seemed to be correct for me though.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3837 posts
1131 upvotes
QC
Offer points are reflected instantly. Points from credit card takes 1-2 days to report and can be combined together with other purchase, ex: pharmaprix/sdm or gas bar.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2013
2355 posts
806 upvotes
Winnipeg
gavinaisin wrote: Hello,

if you want instant points OR if you want to use another card and still get PC points, do this -

use PC mastercard as your PC Plus card, and other card as your payment card.

I do this all the time at the self-serve kiosk. When it asks at the beginning if you have PC Plus card, I scan my PC Mastercard. and later pay with Scotia Infinite which nets me 4%.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- Douglas Adams
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13580 posts
8544 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
So after bugging them on facebook, I got my $150 dining card!!!

Selling for $125 haha

Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
3837 posts
1131 upvotes
QC
amitdi wrote: if you want instant points OR if you want to use another card and still get PC points, do this -

use PC mastercard as your PC Plus card, and other card as your payment card.

I do this all the time at the self-serve kiosk. When it asks at the beginning if you have PC Plus card, I scan my PC Mastercard. and later pay with Scotia Infinite which nets me 4%.
You don't get the 30pts/$ doing it this way.