PC Mastercard Optimum number

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2021 12:05 am
Feb 4, 2007
781 posts
592 upvotes

PC Mastercard Optimum number

Hello,
my mother has had PC Mastercard for number of years. I don't think she has ever had an optimum card. Now that Esso is ending their Esso extra program, do I need to get an optimum card to link the the PC Mastercard, or does the PC Mastercard come with a Optimum number?

thanks
9 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10048 posts
6145 upvotes
caniran wrote: Hello,
my mother has had PC Mastercard for number of years. I don't think she has ever had an optimum card. Now that Esso is ending their Esso extra program, do I need to get an optimum card to link the the PC Mastercard, or does the PC Mastercard come with a Optimum number?

thanks
If she is earning PCO point for using her PCMC, then she has a PCO acct already and her PCMC is linked to her PCO acct already. She doesn’t have to have a physical PCO card in order to earn PCO points from using her PCMC.
Feb 4, 2007
781 posts
592 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: If she is earning PCO point for using her PCMC, then she has a PCO acct already and her PCMC is linked to her PCO acct already. She doesn’t have to have a physical PCO card in order to earn PCO points from using her PCMC.
I know she redeems the points. How do I find what the optimum number? Is it on her statement?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1085 posts
409 upvotes
Just checked my statement and can't find any optimum number anywhere, not on the app anywhere either.

All it says on the statement is to check your points at pc optimum.ca or on the optimum app.

Not sure what to suggest, we had a optimum card prior to the mastercard and connected them somehow (many years ago now).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
U have to make an account on the pco site from there u can add pc mastercard, pc money cards and pco cards to the account and view your points and weekly offers.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
aaron158 wrote: U have to make an account on the pco site from there u can add pc mastercard, pc money cards and pco cards to the account and view your points and weekly offers.
This

Sounds to me as if Mom has not done this … (gotten a PC ID )

She could very well be one of the folks we come across once in awhile in the RFD PCO MegaThread
pc-optimum-discussion-thread-2021-2436833/
Who never went thru the Amalgamation of Accounts process when the PC+ & Shoppers Optimum Programs merged into the PCO Program back in 2018

So although she’s been earning points on her PC+ Financial CC (in so much as PC+ Financial is a FULL PCO PARTNER) she’s unable to tap into them

STEP # 1 = Pick up a PCO Welcome Pkg (comes with PCO Plastic Card & KeyTag)
Can be done at any FULL PARTNER in the PCO Program …
SDM Group = Shoppers Drug Mart or Pharmaprix in Quebec
PC+ Loblaws Group = RCSS - No Frills - Loblaws - Your Independent - etc

STEP # 2 = Create a PC ID on the PCO Website = https://www.pcoptimum.ca/
Using her unique info (1 Person = 1 Account). Name - email address - contact info

About PC ID = https://loblaw.force.com/pcid/s/about-u ... _US&rp=pco
CREATE A PC ID = https://accounts.pcid.ca/create-account

STEP # 3 = Link in the NEWLY received PCO Plastic Card
(KeyTag as I recall will auto link … pretty sure … been almost 4 years since I have done this)
Go to CARDS … then LINK A NEW CARD

STEP # 4 = Once all that’s done … then link in the PC+ Financial MC
Go to CARDS … then LINK A PC FINANCIAL CARD

Then she should be be all set

NOTE … IF it won’t let you create a PC ID in Step # 1 … it’s because your Mom has already registered previously.
That’s a whole other kettle of fish. In which case you’ll have to come back for more help.

But otherwise … This should get her started.

After that … I suggest someone … you or her … get to know the PCO Program better & how it works to maximize earning opportunities … receive & load weekly offers etc.

Even if her intent is only to EARN & REDEEM PCO Points @ Esso / Mobil Stations for gas.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10048 posts
6145 upvotes
caniran wrote: I know she redeems the points. How do I find what the optimum number? Is it on her statement?
If she is able to earn & redeem points, then the receipt would show the point balance. If that is the case, I think she is good to go.
Feb 4, 2007
781 posts
592 upvotes
ml88888888 wrote: If she is able to earn & redeem points, then the receipt would show the point balance. If that is the case, I think she is good to go.
Isn't the optimum number on the receipt masked out?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
caniran wrote: Isn't the optimum number on the receipt masked out?
It is

And I don’t believe that the PCO Points that are earned thru the PC+ Financial Partnership ever show up on receipts

They even POST as senate entities into ones PCO Account.

Still tho … what if anything shows up on the receipts she does get @ the likes of Esso / Mobil & SDM Group Stores … as both of them generate Base Points

That would definitely give us a clue to knowing if she ever had a PC ID & linked up PCO Account / PC+ Financial CC
Feb 4, 2007
781 posts
592 upvotes
I will check out her receipts and will get back to this thread.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)