4698 posts
1112 upvotes
Scarborough

PCF Mastercard - 5x Points - July 15 - Aug 15 [YMMV]

Expiry:
August 15, 2020
Retailer:
PC Mastercard
Got this in my email, so YMMV. Looks like PC Mastercard has 5x points on certain items for the first $500.
More than ever, we want to make sure you’re getting the most for every dollar you spend. Just by opening this email, you’ll earn 5x the regular 10 PC Optimum™ points per dollar with your PC Financial Mastercard® on your first $500 of select essential purchases between July 15 and August 15, 2020. That’s at least 50 points per $1 spent.
PCF1.JPG
PCF 2.JPG

Offer excludes Quebec residents. Upon opening this email, earn 5X the regular 10 PC Optimum™ points per dollar of your first $500 in purchases in select categories from July 15 to August 15, 2020. Offer does not apply to prior purchases. The 5x the points earning is the sum of: (i) the regular PC Optimum™ earning on your PC Financial Mastercard® (which varies by card type); and (ii) the “PC Financial Essential Purchases Bonus” earning, which is the difference between your regular earning rate and 5x the points on each dollar spent on eligible categories with your PC Financial Mastercard ®. You will also earn any additional points that your purchase may be eligible for at Loblaw banner grocery stores and Shoppers Drug Mart, and at least 30 points/litre as advertised at Esso and Mobil stations in Canada. Your regular PC Optimum™ earning rate will be awarded to your account throughout the offer period as you make purchases on your PC Financial Mastercard® and the “PC Financial Essential Purchases Bonus” will be awarded within 4-6 weeks after the offer end date. Select essential purchases include the following categories:
• Loblaw banner grocery stores
• Shoppers Drug Mart
• Esso™ and Mobil™ stations in Canada
• Restaurant Pick-up and Delivery Services (MCC 5499, 5812, 5813, 5814)
• Audio, Video and Cable Streaming Services (MCC 5968, 4899, 5815)
Eligibility of purchases in the dining and streaming categories is based on the Merchant Category Codes (MCC) shown above. Merchants control their own MCC and President’s Choice Bank has no control over how a merchant is classified. This offer is limited to one per PC Financial Mastercard® account and the offer may be terminated or changed at any time without notice.
Last edited by GateGuardian on Jul 15th, 2020 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
60 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1229 posts
5304 upvotes
That's 5% cash back, effectively! Smiling Face With Heart-shaped EyesSmiling Face With Heart-shaped Eyes

Sadly, I have no such offer in my in my inbox Tired FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying FaceLoudly Crying Face
Jun 15, 2018
341 posts
1619 upvotes
Toronto
I have a PC WE MC and also didn't get any email.

Edit: got the email at 1PM EST!
Last edited by sirjimitron on Jul 15th, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 13, 2004
234 posts
92 upvotes
Received this offer as well.

Here is the fine print :
*Offer excludes Quebec residents. Upon opening this email, earn 5X the regular 10 PC Optimum™ points per dollar of your first $500 in purchases in select categories from July 15 to August 15, 2020. Offer does not apply to prior purchases.
The 5x the points earning is the sum of:
(i) the regular PC Optimum™ earning on your PC Financial Mastercard® (which varies by card type); and (ii) the “PC Financial Essential Purchases Bonus” earning, which is the difference between your regular earning rate and 5x the points on each dollar spent on eligible categories with your PC Financial Mastercard ®. You will also earn any additional points that your purchase may be eligible for at Loblaw banner grocery stores and Shoppers Drug Mart, and at least 30 points/litre as advertised at Esso and Mobil stations in Canada. Your regular PC Optimum™ earning rate will be awarded to your account throughout the offer period as you make purchases on your PC Financial Mastercard® and the “PC Financial Essential Purchases Bonus” will be awarded within 4-6 weeks after the offer end date. Select essential purchases include the following categories:
• Loblaw banner grocery stores
• Shoppers Drug Mart
• Esso™ and Mobil™ stations in Canada
• Restaurant Pick-up and Delivery Services (MCC 5499, 5812, 5813, 5814)
• Audio, Video and Cable Streaming Services (MCC 5968, 4899, 5815)
Eligibility of purchases in the dining and streaming categories is based on the Merchant Category Codes (MCC) shown above. Merchants control their own MCC and President’s Choice Bank has no control over how a merchant is classified. This offer is limited to one per PC Financial Mastercard® account and the offer may be terminated or changed at any time without notice.

So the grocery and gas are not based on MCC but the current accelerator.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1241 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
dint get this either. I hope there is option to just sign up somewhere
Edit: NVM just received the email
Last edited by archvenus14 on Jul 15th, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1241 posts
422 upvotes
Toronto
saberon2016 wrote: So it’s a top up to 5% back, so PCWE users get the short end of the stick here sadly.
ah that sucks. :( I was hoping it was 5% on top of whatever your cashback is.
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19947 posts
4536 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
sirjimitron wrote: I have a PC WE MC and also didn't get any email.
Same. Thinking Face
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4698 posts
1112 upvotes
Scarborough
saberon2016 wrote: So it’s a top up to 5% back, so PCWE users get the short end of the stick here sadly.
I have the World Elite Card...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4698 posts
1112 upvotes
Scarborough
For datapoints, I have the World Elite card even though the email just says PC Mastercard.
Last edited by GateGuardian on Jul 15th, 2020 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 20, 2016
297 posts
262 upvotes
Ottawa
I have the PC WE MC and I just received the email.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4698 posts
1112 upvotes
Scarborough
saberon2016 wrote: So you get an extra 1.5% back, but a PC base card owner gets an extra 4%. Still a nice bonus, but it’s too bad it’s not 5% extra.
Makes sense, thought you saying WE cards don't get this deal.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
1435 posts
1288 upvotes
got the email as well...applies to GC purchase Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1000 posts
556 upvotes
Edmonton
Is it safe to assume it's 5% flat out at RCSS? Or is it just for certain items?
Previous wins:
-Fujifilm Finepix Z10FD 7.2mp (Green) 210$
-2x Xbox 360 (Oct 29 & Nov 1) 300$
-2x EA SPORTS
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1372 posts
1470 upvotes
VANCOUVER
How does that work for their gas stations? They already pay 7x the points for Mobil stations so would this be 35x the points?!? Seems unlikely
Jun 19, 2015
783 posts
701 upvotes
wilbrod wrote: Is it safe to assume it's 5% flat out at RCSS? Or is it just for certain items?
Flat out at all Loblaws related stores including RCSS
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1395 posts
467 upvotes
Winnipeg
PC World MC is getting shitter...no more good promos are coming ...i used to get quite a bit, lately they aren't sending to me...
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2012
1084 posts
854 upvotes
Everywhere
do you have to sign up for their emails? i never get anything from pcf.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2006
1816 posts
107 upvotes
Markham
Was feeling left out, but I just got the email. These are likely sent out in batches and there are likely limits to how many they can deploy at once without being blocked.
Oct 31, 2006
610 posts
243 upvotes
Applies on gift cards ?
Public Mobile user
Mar 2, 2016
319 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto
naticom wrote: got the email as well...applies to GC purchase Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Now you caught my attention
Public Mobile|Fido|Tangerine|EQ|AMEX|Plastiq|Paytm|eBates|TopCashBack|Mr. Rebates|Great Canadian Rebates|RocketMiles
BRIM|AwardWallet|Skiplagged|uber|Lyft|airBNB|uberEats|DoorDash|Skip the Dishes|Foodora|Ritual