Expired Hot Deals

[PC Mobile] New customers only $25/3GB Unlimited Call&Text for 6 months plus 20,000 pc point after 2 months

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2021 3:28 pm
[OP]
Aug 5, 2019
5 posts
18 upvotes

New customers only $25/3GB Unlimited Call&Text for 6 months plus 20,000 pc point after 2 months

Deal Link:
Retailer:
PC Mobile
PC Mobile is offering 3GB bonus data for its $25 plan for 6 months (1GB after 6 months)

This offer could be combined with its usual 20,000 PC Points (worth $20 or even $30 if considering Shoppers redeem event) incentive.

You would have to pay $10 at the Mobile Shop to get a sim card. No online shopping available.

As far as I know, It is the only provider in Ontario offering 3GB and unlimited text/call for $25. It's good for people who do not need a large data plan because of working from home and want to be flexible to change back to a larger and more expensive plan this spring.

According to Wikipedia, PC Mobile operates on the network infrastructure operated by Bell Mobility. So I am not concerning about its coverage.

Update: activated a line on Feb 2, 2021 and noticed the following issues:
  • The 2 GB bonus will not be added until 30 days after the activation of the account. That means, only 1GB for the first month, and 3GB from the second to the seventh month. (I believe it makes the deal cooler)
  • PC Mobile does not provide a way to check the balance of the data in self-service. Customers have to call and be transferred to an agent to check their balance (Cannot imagine they are using this way in 2021)
Last edited by Prscrn on Feb 3rd, 2021 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 replies
Sep 16, 2015
340 posts
708 upvotes
Calgary, AB
0Sense wrote: Is PC 3G or 4G?
There are no mobile carriers in Canada that restrict users to 3G, although Public Mobile (Telus) and Lucky Mobile (Bell) both offer bandwidth capped LTE service.

PC Mobile is owned by Bell Mobility and uses LTE.
Nov 7, 2017
306 posts
628 upvotes
jaybeeg wrote: There are no mobile carriers in Canada that restrict users to 3G, although Public Mobile (Telus) and Lucky Mobile (Bell) both offer bandwidth capped LTE service.

Tell that to my 3G chatr plan LMFAO... This seems way better than the freedom $19 plan.
May 6, 2020
259 posts
248 upvotes
0Sense wrote: Tell that to my 3G chatr plan LMFAO... This seems way better than the freedom $19 plan.
If you in a area has decent signal coverage for freedom, I would say freedom is better. Cuz their data is technically unlimited
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6861 posts
5546 upvotes
jaybeeg wrote: There are no mobile carriers in Canada that restrict users to 3G, although Public Mobile (Telus) and Lucky Mobile (Bell) both offer bandwidth capped LTE service.

When you have pitiful data plans, like with every single plan from every single Canadian carrier, then download speeds become meaningless. It's like driving a Ferrari downtown at rush hour.

I will remain with Public Mobile so long as it doesn't change.
May 8, 2013
682 posts
618 upvotes
London
This would be decent if we kept the 3 GB permanent. What happens if you cancel right when they switch to 1gb? Seems like nothing, maybe they trigger a 3gb upgrade at that point...
Sep 16, 2015
340 posts
708 upvotes
Calgary, AB
0Sense wrote: Tell that to my 3G chatr plan LMFAO... This seems way better than the freedom $19 plan.
Ah, right. I'd forgotten the delights of Chatr.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2957 posts
2493 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have an in-zone plan?

from https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/conte ... TE-Network

9. I have a chatr in-zone plan, will I be moving to the LTE Network?

chatr in-zone plans are not supported by the LTE Network.

To take advantage of the LTE network, we encourage you to upgrade to a nation-wide plan; With this upgrade, you’ll enjoy a reliable and consistent wireless experience with the 3G data speeds you expect.

To change your plan, visit my chatr.
[OP]
Aug 5, 2019
5 posts
18 upvotes
It's a prepaid plan, if they did not extend the promotion, you could switch to any provider offering the best plan after 6 months.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8450 posts
3622 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
For those who care, the 1GB is only added if you sign up for auto-renewal.
Nov 23, 2020
17 posts
14 upvotes
So after 6 months it drops back to 1GB? I'll probably just stick to me $19 with freedom if that's the case