• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2018 10:29 pm
[OP]
Banned
Feb 7, 2018
11 posts
2 upvotes

PC Mobile Prepaid - Question - Unused Pre paid Balance

They have ANYTIME plans where a $ 100 Top Up Voucher validity is for 365 days.

Does the unused balance carry forward, if you put $ 100 more before the 365 days expire and extend it for 365 days more ? i.e everytime you increase the validity with more top ups, will the previous unused balance get added on & carry forward. TIA.

http://www.pcmobile.ca/prepaid_plans_features.jsp

Nice Features:
• Talk for 20 cents/min local calling
• Incoming standard texts are free
• Outgoing standard texts sent within Canada, to the U.S. or internationally are 15 cents each
• Outgoing picture and video messages sent within Canada, to the U.S. or internationally are 50 cents each
• Long distance rate (from Canada) is an additional 40 cents/min to anywhere in Canada or the U.S.
8 replies
Jun 12, 2017
158 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
What do they mean by local calling? Maybe I missed it on their website.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1106 posts
1214 upvotes
Instead of asking strangers on a public forum on what the answer is, for many reasons it's best that you should contact PC Mobile directly instead. Electric Light Bulb
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1343 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
janis905 wrote: They have ANYTIME plans where a $ 100 Top Up Voucher validity is for 365 days.

Does the unused balance carry forward, if you put $ 100 more before the 365 days expire and extend it for 365 days more ? i.e everytime you increase the validity with more top ups, will the previous unused balance get added on & carry forward. TIA.
Yes. http://www.pcmobile.ca/prepaid_topup.jsp " Top up before your current account credit balance expires and it will carry forward." Most pre-paid accounts work that way.
Amerifriend threads need to include instructions on how to acquire an amerifriend. :confused:
Jun 2, 2002
490 posts
195 upvotes
That's what the used to do (carry forward leftover balances as long as you renew before expiry) but now that Rogers has put a cap on the balance, I am sure other carries will follow suit .. if they have not already.
Dec 4, 2017
590 posts
262 upvotes
miji2 wrote: That's what the used to do (carry forward leftover balances as long as you renew before expiry) but now that Rogers has put a cap on the balance, I am sure other carries will follow suit .. if they have not already.
How much is the Rogers cap? I usually top up on PC Mobile when my balance gets below $50, and I use a $100 top-up, so it's routine to have a balance that is at or just under $150.
Jun 2, 2002
490 posts
195 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote: How much is the Rogers cap? I usually top up on PC Mobile when my balance gets below $50, and I use a $100 top-up, so it's routine to have a balance that is at or just under $150.
It was $150 according to the initial executive order . I haven't seen any updates so I assume it's still at $150.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33810 posts
7452 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
lambertbob912 wrote: What do they mean by local calling? Maybe I missed it on their website.
20 cents per minute to call within your area code. Everything else is long distance at a cost of 40 cents per minute
Jul 4, 2005
753 posts
57 upvotes
Ontario
janis905 wrote: They have ANYTIME plans where a $ 100 Top Up Voucher validity is for 365 days.

Just say for example;

- You currently have a balance of $25, with an expiry date of June 21, 2018.
- If you added a $100 Top Up Voucher to your account today (February 9th, 2018), you would now have a balance of $125, with a new expiry date of February 9th, 2019.