Credit Cards

PC Money/Financial site: Windows 10 only???

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2020 2:09 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 22, 2009
180 posts
40 upvotes

PC Money/Financial site: Windows 10 only???

I've a technical glitch (so it seems) submitting an application. Is it possible that their site only functions properly with Windows 10? I'm W7.
Thanks
4 replies
Jul 20, 2017
914 posts
1055 upvotes
Nope. While a website can technically tell what OS you have because of the useragent string.. Windows 7 supports the same browsers as Windows 10, so compatibility won't be different.

Often these issues can be solved by using a different browser.

I'd suggest firefox, it has the best compatibility lately. If your using the latest firefox, try chrome instead. If both don't work, try internet explorer.

If all of that fails, apply on your smartphones browser.
[OP]
Feb 22, 2009
180 posts
40 upvotes
Eleventeen wrote: Nope. While a website can technically tell what OS you have because of the useragent string.. Windows 7 supports the same browsers as Windows 10, so compatibility won't be different.

Often these issues can be solved by using a different browser.

I'd suggest firefox, it has the best compatibility lately. If your using the latest firefox, try chrome instead. If both don't work, try internet explorer.

If all of that fails, apply on your smartphones browser.
I am using FF 78.4.0esr. Error #020001. I just downloaded Vivaldi and tried it. Error code #020001. I may try Edge on wife's computer if I can figure out how to manage and clear cookies before trying it. Of course, maybe it really IS a problem on the bank's end!
Last edited by razorboy on Nov 1st, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 29, 2020
17 posts
6 upvotes
No issue Cliqz on FreeBSD UNIX. However I do cloak my user agent as Firefox on Windows NT 10.
Since becoming approved for my CTFS CashAdvantage card, I have come to hate credit card lenders even more than before. Why? They don't check anything. They just assume that you're telling the truth.
Dec 22, 2007
783 posts
408 upvotes
Mississauga
do you have any blockers installed? I had no issues on pc's site but they have caused me issues on some other sites.