• Jun 16th, 2019 10:53 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4011 posts
632 upvotes
Richmond

PC Optimum Discussion Thread 2019

Welcome to the shiny new 2019 PC Optimum Discussion Thread.
Link to old thread if you're wanting to search it up for information Old thread
Please change your password everyone!
Announcement
Please create a strong random password! Here's the one I used https://passwordsgenerator.net/
Annoucements
Please try to give the cashier your pco card at the beginning! There's a lag if you do it at the end!
It is much recommended that you do a points inquiry via the website as it seems to be gotten to a lot faster than just emailing.

Here is a link to the help faq for pc optimum for additional questions.

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/help-and-support/faq

PC OPTIMUM TOS
https://www.pcoptimum.ca/company-policy ... conditions

Update

PCF DEBIT CARDS CAN NO LONGER BE USED TO EARN PC POINTS. If you recall your pc plus login information, you can attach it to a pc optimum account though the link pc plus login information option

UPDATE #2
PointsHubby wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 3:48 am
PC OPTIMUM PROGRAM - Announced

Its official the marriage of these two programs PC Plus & Shoppers Optimum is set to happen on Thursday, February 1, 2018

Preliminary Details are rolling out today (well since Midnight) on the two Retailers websites, here is the link to the info as it appears on the PC Plus website
https://www.pcplus.ca/static/announcements/english.html

Looks like a decent amalgamation... The PC Plus Points remain the same, and are worth exactly what they were before.

The SDM Optimum Points remain the same cash value, but flip over to the system that PC Plus currently has...
So 95,000 Optimum Points worth $ 170 becomes 170,000 PC Optimum Points worth $ 170
PLUS... and at the time of conversion, one will be credited for any points that are accumulating between SDM tiers as well (so your entire balance)... That is especially fair
There is a point conversion calculator that appears on the link I supplied above

One of the nice things is the threshold for cashing in goes from 20,000 = $ 20 down to 10,000 Points = $ 10
And BOTH Programs will allow members to cash in a maximum of 500,000 = $ 500 at one time
(that is a nice bonus for those who like to buy electronics & tech at Shoppers... no more having to worry about a $ 170 maximum).

Points will be earned at SDM at the rate of 15 Points for every $ 1 spent this is a 50% increase as today the Optimum Program accrues at the rate of 10 Points for every $ 1
AND there will be still be Bonus Earns (like 20x the Points)
Points will be earned in the PC Plus Program in the same way they are now (seems to remain points on personal offers loaded, and no ongoing points on total amount spent instore)

Another change is in how cards will be managed. There will now be one card per household (no more transfers between accounts) ... once the program is rolled out, PC Optimum Members will link all the cards in their household to one person who will be that households contact person & account manager

That's the basics... but there will be more news to come I am sure in the days & weeks ahead
Last edited by bluebellrose on Jan 23rd, 2019 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
1495 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4011 posts
632 upvotes
Richmond
PC OPTIMUM FAQ

What is PC Optimum?
It's a new loyalty program launched by Loblaws. It is basically merging both the PC PLUS program and Shoppers Optimum program into a single new program. The best of both worlds has been combined into one program.

Are there any benefits to joining?
Yes. Free groceries!

Do points expire?
No. Your points do not expire. However, your account can be closed, if you do not earn or spend any PC Optimum points at least once every 2 years or if you don’t have an open PC Financial Mastercard® registered to your account. For more details, please see the PC Optimum program

What is a PC™ ID?
A PC™ identification is a universal login that can be used to access your accounts across a variety of Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. websites. If you are registered with joefresh.com , beautyboutique.ca or online grocery websites, you already have one. Your PC™ id is your email address and password and you should use it as your login information for your PC Optimum account. If you were only registered with PC Plus you will need to create a PC™ id in order to register for PC Optimum.
By grocery websites, I'm assuming their banner grocery websites, like realcanadiansuperstore.ca

I already have a PC MC. Do I need a pc optimum card?
No. But it is in your best interest to register for the new program and load your offers for even more points.

Account Issues
Help! I'm having issues registering!
You can try calling in for help with registering your account. The folks there will try to assist you in signing up.

Help! I forgot my card at home! Can I bring in my receipt to get the points?
Unfortunately nope. Points cannot be applied retroactively, so try to remember your card!
You can also download the app to your phone so you'll never forget it.

Can I give the cashier a picture of my card? Isn't the same as giving them the app or my card?
No, The cashier can scan your card but you will not be able to redeem any points if you give them a picture of your card. If someone else in your household wants a card, please don't be lazy and actually get them a card or key fob available in store at your local participating pc optimum store.

Can I give them my phone number for my points?
Please don't be lazy and actually dig out your card. The cashiers can do phone number if it's attached to your linked registered profile, but cashiers will only do it for big orders and you can't find your card at all. In other words it's a last resort for folks buying a ton of stuff. You can do a points inquiry for any missing offers once you get home for your smaller orders. This is a new thing so many cashiers don't know how to do it, nor are they encouraged to do so, so please please remember your card!.

It says email already registered!
That means you probably already registered for a click and collect account or a pc insiders account. I recommend checking your email for a PC id email. If you've gotten one in your pc plus email, then you've most likely already had one and you'll need to do forget password or login with your details, and register for pc optimum that way. Simplest way if you get that message is to do forget password and register for pc optimum that way.

Why can I no longer view my points balance? What about Supplementary Card PC Mastercard holders?
If you are an Authorized User of a PC Financial Mastercard®, you will not see or have access to your primary cardholder’s points balance unless the primary cardholder chooses to add you to their Household. Please speak to the primary cardholder of your account.
If you’re still having trouble, contact PC Optimum Member Care for assistance or call 1-866-727-6468 for help.
The best workaround currently is to attach a plastic pc optimum card to your account and give your supplementary card holder a plastic card attached to your account and tell them to scan the plastic card and only use the mastercard to pay.

Can I present my PC Optimum Card at any time in the transaction?
Let's not temp fate again and do it at the beginning until they've worked out the kinks again. Hopefully the crashes won't happen but again let's not tempt fate

The option to change my plastic pc optimum cards to earn only is gone!
No worries, it's still there. you just need to call in and have them change it for you.
Update: The feature is now available on the website

What if the system went down? I didn't get my offers!
See below.

What if I loaded an offer and did not receive points for a particular offer?
If you are using the PC Optimum™ app:
Go to the Points section of your app and locate the transaction you are missing points from. Click on that transaction and select “Points Inquiry”. Complete the points inquiry form, submit it and we’ll look into your missing points right away.
If you are online at pcoptimum.ca:
Go to My Account and select “Points Inquiry” from the Transactions section. Complete the points inquiry form, submit it and we’ll look into your missing points right away.
If you are emailing
Please include:
Offer Name:
Amount Spent on Offer:
"CODE" at the bottom of your receipt:
Store Name:
Erumuh wrote:
Apr 8th, 2018 1:19 pm
For those who are missing points, DO NOT submit points inquiries - the system is not working properly.
Your best bet is to use online chat (also very buggy, so do other things while waiting in the queue, and it may not work properly when you get to the front of the line, so you have to try again) and ask the person for help.
Have your receipt with the barcode number handy.

Online chat shows "not available"? Reload the page until it shows "chat now" or "available," then leave it open. Some attempts to connect may not register properly, so you have to come back to that page and click the "Chat now" button again.

Be polite - remember that Loblaws knows how screwed up the system is and is trying to fix it, so customer service is motivated to help you WHEN you get a hold of them. But a lot of other people are also trying. Be one of the nice ones and you'll get your points for sure.

It is much recommended that you do a points inquiry via the website as it seems to be gotten to a lot faster than just emailing.

Here is a link to the help faq for pc optimum for additional questions.

https://www.pcoptimum.ca/help-and-support/faq

PC OPTIMUM TOS
https://www.pcoptimum.ca/company-policy ... conditions
Last edited by bluebellrose on Jan 17th, 2019 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8610 posts
6030 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Hi @bluebellrose

GREAT to see you back at the helm for another year.

As you requested / we discussed, I have added 2 PLACE HOLDERS...

If at any time you feel you need a hand getting info put up here on the first page let me know, and I will get her done,

Again thanks for all you do for the RFD Community, I know I speak for many PCO Members when I say, you do a truly awesome job

And it’s so cool to have someone with front line knowledge sharing the ins & outs on the PCO Program
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4011 posts
632 upvotes
Richmond
Thank You. I try my best. The op was getting a little messy on the old thread. I'm probably going to organize the information in the op so it's a little cleaner.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4011 posts
632 upvotes
Richmond
Ok, I think we are good to go. My op has been broken down into two different posts with annoucements on the first post and the 2nd post for the faq
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
8610 posts
6030 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PC OPTIMUM - POINTS DAYS
January 24th thru 27th, 2019

4 Days. 4500+ Locations. MILLIONS of Points.
The biggest points-earning event of the year is coming soon.
Download the App and start counting down the days.

So says the Header atop the PCO Website = www.pcoptimum.ca

It’s already sparked questions & speculation... (copy of a post / convo from the OLD PCO 2018 Topic)
Frenchbread wrote:
Jan 14th, 2019 7:46 pm
Hey all,
What’s the scuttlebut on the ‘PC Optimum Points Days’ Jan 24-27? I’ve just seen a few vague posts on FB, but not many details. Anyone know anything?
It’s like a BIRTHDAY PRESENT Wrapped Present
A BIG SURPRISE
So no news other than to watch for it

PC Optimum turns 1 on February 1st
Been a good year!

And a GREAT WAY to kick off the NEW PC Optimum Thread for 2019
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/pc-optim ... #p30426892

Thanks to @bluebellrose for all she does as the PCO RFD Thread Coordinator
Happy to see she’s at the helm for another year

BalloonHAPPY BIRTHDAY PCO Party Popper

===================================================================

And tonight... perhaps our first peak at a clue

I got an Offer in my Weekly Personal Offers that is labelled POINTS DAYS

The offer, is pretty normal... usual format

* 4000 Points for Every $ 10 Spent on Quaker Instant Hot and Cold Cereals, and Cap’n Crunch Cereal
(NOTE 4000 Points = $ 4 Value = 40% Back in Points)

But maybe that’s what is Instore for us all

A huge pile of Offers... Personal & Instore / Flyer * that will see 4 Days that are filled with TONS of opportunities to earn points on both products & categories (Produce, Bakery, Dairy, etc)

We’ve seen Category Week’s in the Past Year... and we all truly loved them
Now there could be just a whole lot more to love

* FLYERS - The Previews are available for both SDM Group Stores & PC+ Loblaws Group Stores.
The SDM Flyers run January 18th thru 25th... and are full of great Points Offers
AND a Bonus Redemption Event for the weekend January 18th thru 20th
The PC+ Loblaws Group Stores Flyers (including Loblaws, RCSS, No Frills etc) advertise heavily the upcoming POINTS DAYS Event, and they have a fair number of Offers listed for this week as well

** NOTE - The Website header says 4500 Locations.
I am not sure how they get to this number. The Loblaw Corp Website www.loblaw.ca itself states there are 5 Divisions in the Co
  • Markets = 400 under the banners of their mainstream stores (Loblaws, Provigo, Your Independent etc)
  • Discounts = 500 under these banners (RCSS, Maxi, No Frills)
  • Shoppers Drugmart 1300 in these banners (Shoppers, Pharmaprix etc)
  • Joe Fresh = 300+ Locations including instores & stand-alones (as per Wikipedia)

Then you add on:
  • Esso Canada = 1700+ Gas Stations (as per Wikipedia)
  • Mobil Canada = 213+ Gas Stations (as per Wikipedia)

Round numbers = 4413+

Now mind you the Markets list for example includes the likes of T&T and Loblaw Group Liquor Stores (like RCSS in Alberta) ... neither of which I believe give out PCO Points.

So curious how they got to their 4500 number

Unless this is part of the BIG SURPRISE... PCO will be announcing NEW PARTNERS coming on board for PCO Year 2
(Knowing that Year 2 Officially falls on February 1st)

Thoughts ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4011 posts
632 upvotes
Richmond
T&T after a fashion do give out PCO points but it does require the use of a pc mastercard and lots of points inquiries. Everything is set up internally for PCO. I was able to use the survey code at the bottom of the receipt and use that to submit points inquries get credited for my offers. I didn't buy chicken last week at RCSS but we did buy stewing chicken at T&T and i had a poultry offer, so I did a points inquiry and got my points credited.

It just never dawned on me until recently that I could do points inquiries for T&T I did discover that you shouldn't leave the inqurires for T&T receipts until the last minute to do them. It should be done ASAP. I left one until the last minute and didn't get my points. Wish I had tried my experiment sooner, I had a lot of missed opportunities to do points inquiries for pco points.
May 3, 2008
875 posts
435 upvotes
Markham
bluebellrose wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 6:18 am
T&T after a fashion do give out PCO points but it does require the use of a pc mastercard and lots of points inquiries. Everything is set up internally for PCO. I was able to use the survey code at the bottom of the receipt and use that to submit points inquries get credited for my offers. I didn't buy chicken last week at RCSS but we did buy stewing chicken at T&T and i had a poultry offer, so I did a points inquiry and got my points credited.

It just never dawned on me until recently that I could do points inquiries for T&T I did discover that you shouldn't leave the inqurires for T&T receipts until the last minute to do them. It should be done ASAP. I left one until the last minute and didn't get my points. Wish I had tried my experiment sooner, I had a lot of missed opportunities to do points inquiries for pco points.
so any bonus pt on PCO can be earned at T&T but have to submit enquiry on each one and I guess must be charged to the PC WE card ?
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18527 posts
3163 upvotes
GTA West
Dear God, this may be the best points event I've seen. Redeem 100K points at SDM and get $140 off, and 20X points on the same day! Tomorrow!
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10148 posts
9380 upvotes
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 10:04 am
Dear God, this may be the best points event I've seen. Redeem 100K points at SDM and get $140 off, and 20X points on the same day! Tomorrow!
No points for the purchase amount paid by redeeming points at SDM.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $30 plan, PM $38 5GB plan, PM $8 plan to replace Speakout,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 4 lines $117/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4011 posts
632 upvotes
Richmond
savemoresaveoften wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 8:20 am
so any bonus pt on PCO can be earned at T&T but have to submit enquiry on each one and I guess must be charged to the PC WE card ?
it seems to work without using the pc mc, but the pc we card does get you an unadvertised 3% back. I use the pc mc so that they track my shopping habits and give me offers on what I end up buying there. My dad's gotten offers for T&T products but he only ever buys it at T&T not RCSS.
Feb 3, 2010
157 posts
139 upvotes
Charlottetown
PC Optimum Points Days FAQ

Nothing particularly new here but a couple of interesting notes of participating stores & also the use of the phrase "member-only pricing"
I've never heard that phrase used before and wonder if it alludes to some of the deals available 24th-27th being price reductions for card carrying members rather than points rewards/bonus.
Nov 11, 2016
813 posts
519 upvotes
Halifax
simplyton wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 10:38 am
PC Optimum Points Days FAQ

Nothing particularly new here but a couple of interesting notes of participating stores & also the use of the phrase "member-only pricing"
I've never heard that phrase used before and wonder if it alludes to some of the deals available 24th-27th being price reductions for card carrying members rather than points rewards/bonus.
Also Esso and Mobil offers - I just gassed up yesterday so I am not sure this will fall into place. But it is out there.
A fan of RFD